Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Sportscar Center

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
jude
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Sportscar Center

Has anyone delt with American Sportcar Center in Atlanta? Seem to have nice cars.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Bruce Wayne
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jude
Has anyone delt with American Sportcar Center in Atlanta? Seem to have nice cars.
I have. Nice folks. Nice cars. Ask for Jody. He's a straight shooter and won't mislead you. Only problem I've seen is their prices are stratospheric. I've come close to buying several times but price has always stopped me.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Nipa
Advanced

Lots of cars but I have also heard (and seen) that they are bit over priced
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
jude
Instructor

Thanks, Its good to hear that they are pretty much as honest as car salesmen can be. Do they give any on thier asking prices?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Do a search on here, I am sure someone had trouble with them in the C- or 3 section.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:27 PM
DropTopBigBlock
Pro

Originally Posted by jude
Thanks, Its good to hear that they are pretty much as honest as car salesmen can be. Do they give any on thier asking prices?
I would not consider this an accurate statement. I bought a car from them in '03, and had an extremely negative experience. The car literally did not make it home when I drove it off the lot. Later, I found several thousand dollars worth of problems with the car that was missed when I had paid to have it inspected by the folks next door that they recommended.

Ultimately, when I decided to sell the car, I wound up leaving it there on consignent. After 90 days on their lot with no offers, I went to pick it up, only to find that the center console had been broken out of the car, and the door jammed so that it would not open. Jody Wardlaw insisted the car was damaged like that when I left it--even though the owner of ASC had inspected it when I dropped it off, and it wasn't like that.

Although I wrote a registered letter to them complaining about what they had done to my car, it took them about six months to respond.

I would not do business with these people under any circumstances.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 PM
cknorr28
Instructor

There was a post by mytman61 about his experience with them. It didn't sound to good. The post has been moved/removed for some reason.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
bumpervetteman
Advanced

Default Asc

I just left Atlanta this weekend and went there 3 times in 2 weeks trying to find a nice C-3. They had a nice selection but was definetly turned off by there pricing. I closely examined alot of the C-3's and ended up being quiet disgusted after I started looking closer. I have seen better cars on here and Ebay for the price they were asking. The salesman I had was a young kid and was trying to baffle with me with B/S. He was more interested in showing me his C-5 Z-O6 that will notably be wrapped around a telephone pole because he doesn't know what he has. He has the car becasue of the job. My personnel opinion is that they are the CNV of the East coast.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
mkflanagan
Melting Slicks

Good folks,nice cars,I've been in there a couple of times and they are VERY HIGH on there prices.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:06 AM
dadeuce454
Advanced

Default retail corvette establishments

I haven't been a member for long, but have noticed whenever someone asks about the honesty or integrity of an establishment that specializes in Corvette sales, the horror stories surface much more frequently than do those of good experiences. For those of you asking the question, please remember this: A satisfied customer will tell 3 people of his positive experience while 11 people will hear of a negative experience. Automotive customer satisfaction indexes have been based on this ratio for years.
Having said that, I do agree that ASC's prices are high for the quality of the vehicle being sold. I do not, however, feel I was ever being mis-led as to the representation of the car. Someone else may look at the car and feel the price and quality are commeasurate. Hence the term, Caveat Emptor.
I guess to be fair, I should add that I've worked in the car biz for 40 years and may be immune to the whole scenario.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 PM
cablebandit
Instructor

Originally Posted by bumpervetteman
I just left Atlanta this weekend and went there 3 times in 2 weeks trying to find a nice C-3. They had a nice selection but was definetly turned off by there pricing. I closely examined alot of the C-3's and ended up being quiet disgusted after I started looking closer. I have seen better cars on here and Ebay for the price they were asking. The salesman I had was a young kid and was trying to baffle with me with B/S. He was more interested in showing me his C-5 Z-O6 that will notably be wrapped around a telephone pole because he doesn't know what he has. He has the car becasue of the job. My personnel opinion is that they are the CNV of the East coast.
bumpervetteman-

My name is Joshua Warden, and I am the kid (27 years old) that spoke with you at American Sportscar Center...

Based on your comments it seems I somehow offended you to the point that you made your post. I sincerely apologize. Yes I am young and I benefit greatly from input and appreciate talking to knowledgable 'Vette enthusiasts like you.

If you want to buy a classic Corvette out of some guy's yard and from ebay....and then compare those prices to ours.... all I can say is that you'll get what you pay for.... We do everything a large dealership can do to inspect/recondition/market considering every scenario is different. We take care of our customers in every possible way including after-the-sale details.

Just read the testamonials on our website- www.buyavette.net

Our prices are very competitive with the national market, and we offer services and warranties (3,000 mile/60 day on all years) that other dealerships can only dream of. All employees of American Sportscar Center are members of the NCRS, we strive to help each individual buyer find the Corvette that calls to them.

I'm an enthusiast, and I'm proud to work for the American Sportscar Center.

To let you know a little about me..... Enclosed is a picture of my last LS1, it was built into a monster and fully polished by me (I even polished parts of the block by hand) this picture was taken just before the Lingenfelter Twin Turbo was added. In the end I made over 600rwhp and it was done on jackstands in my garage. This was all done before I started working with www.buyavette.net -I've been doing this my whole life...

Last edited by cablebandit; 07-31-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
sedowney
Racer

Originally Posted by cablebandit
bumpervetteman-

My name is Joshua Warden, and I am the kid (27 years old) that spoke with you at American Sportscar Center...

Based on your comments it seems I somehow offended you to the point that you made your post. I sincerely apologize. Yes I am young and I benefit greatly from input and appreciate talking to knowledgable 'Vette enthusiasts like you.

If you want to buy a classic Corvette out of some guy's yard and from ebay....and then compare those prices to ours.... all I can say is that you'll get what you pay for.... We do everything a large dealership can do to inspect/recondition/market considering every scenario is different. We take care of our customers in every possible way including after-the-sale details.

Just read the testamonials on our website- www.buyavette.net

Our prices are very competitive with the national market, and we offer services and warranties (3,000 mile/60 day on all years) that other dealerships can only dream of. All employees of American Sportscar Center are members of the NCRS, we strive to help each individual buyer find the Corvette that calls to them.

I'm an enthusiast, and I'm proud to work for the American Sportscar Center.

To let you know a little about me..... Enclosed is a picture of my last LS1, it was built into a monster and fully polished by me (I even polished parts of the block by hand) this picture was taken just before the Lingenfelter Twin Turbo was added. In the end I made over 600rwhp and it was done on jackstands in my garage. This was all done before I started working with www.buyavette.net -I've been doing this my whole life...

You have PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 PM
cablebandit
Instructor

Originally Posted by sedowney
You have PM.
Replied.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1608343
Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 PM
csharkgo
Intermediate

Default American Sportscar Center

Just wanted to comment about our experience with buying a car from them. Initially when I contacted them about one of their vettes I felt I was very clear about how much I wanted to spend and that I knew there would be repairs needed but the car MUST be driveable (not perfect because that was not realistic with the $5000-$7000 I wanted to spend). Due to having a young child and living a distance away, and with being able to view the car on-line, I was trying to take someone's word for their description of the car. To make a long story short, car was delivered (which I paid for) and was not driveable. My husband and I were ready to explode and immediately called one of our two sales people back (this is one complaint I had, our sales people did not follow up with us as stated when they stated they would, and I would call to find out they were off that day even though I was expecting a response). This created a situation of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing so to speak. Our sales person told my husband he would have to call his boss and get back to us. Follow up was great-and they were willing to take the car back at no cost to us immediately. Thank God as we were ready to have a heart attack over this incident. Come to find out what I paid to have fixed on the car to take car of problems in the rear end was fixed, and I was told this took care of the problem but later found out the salesperson who told me that never drove the car after the maintenance was done! Well, we worked with our two sales people (were told we would just deal with one initially but once again the one who told us this was off on vacation and we wanted this resolved asap) and did go there the next time to look at a car they recommended. Did agree it was in the condition as stated and purchased it. The owner did come up and greet us and apologized for the first incident. The second car was delivered at no cost to us. Process went pretty smooth with only glitch being the paperwork needed to be redone (another case of right hand not on same page as left hand). Finally, 1st loan was paid off (days later and not as soon as initially stated) and purchase was finalized. How was our experience? You be the judge. All I will say is I think my husband and I learned some valuable lessons from this experience (never purchase a car sight unseen even if you want to believe people at their word or out of convenience. It will only result in more problems). I was disappointed that with the first purchase our sales person was willing to throw in a few courtesy items but did not offer to do this with the final car we purchased and when we initially went there to see the car were told we COULD switch out the original rims on our first car to the other car we decided to purchase but this eventually fell apart and our sales person denied saying we could and changed it to saying he said it was a possibility but when he talked to his supervisor was not something he would allow. Also initially were told by the owner and the salesperson they would pay for the fuel tank leak we discovered (repair it or replace) but later stated they weren't making any money on the car and we would have to pay for the repair either through them or sign a waiver and get it fixed on our own. These two things left a bad taste in our mouths! Our sales person did say we could call him at any time for advice or guidance on how to fix something.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:41 AM
74/L82/4spd
Intermediate

I just bought mine there,I feel I got a fair deal,and I love the car.they have stayed in touch through e-mails also.When you buy a used sportscar especially an older one you have to expect some problems they are used cars.They were very helpful to me I dealt with Jack Gentle, and Jody Wardlaw,and I plan on going back for a bigblock car after this one is paid for.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Hiteck
Racer

I also dealt with Jack Gentle. That was a good experience. Never felt pressured or got mislead. Paperwork was done over the phone. Sale was pending my visit and inspection of the car. Car turned out to not be what I was looking for. I told him I couldn't purchase the car. He said o.k. and never tried to talk me into or out of anything. I ended up purchasing a different car that had not previously been on their website. Free delivery was going on at that time, so I had it transported to my front door. Good experience for me.

Get notified of new replies

To American Sportscar Center

Old 08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Interesting thread. Although I've never dealt with this particular dealer, a lot of posts bring up some issues:

-They are a dealer... you have to expect the prices to seem high. They are not in business to do you a favor. If the cars are too expensive, don't buy them.
-Someone had a car checked out "next door by the place the seller suggested" and you are suprised that there's thousands of dollars in repairs not noted? Are you kidding? This is the first used car you've ever purchased?
-Buying anything sight unseen is just plain foolish.
-Buying a vintage Corvette for $5000 and being surprised at a myriad of problems is also foolish.
-The comments made by the young salesman... stating your prices seem high compared to buying from an individual because "you get what you pay for?" Pretty self-serving and disingenuous. Doesn't sound like buyers are getting an extra amount of "nice car" for the dealer's premium. And your prices are "competitive with the national market?" Maybe, maybe not.
-Finally, regardless of where you buy a car you have to check out the car properly yourself (or bring someone with you who knows what they are doing). Then and only then can you as a buyer determine what is a legitimate price in the current market, and then decide to buy or walk. All the other whining which results from not doing your homework is your fault, not the dealer's.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
harleyreg
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had positive experiences with the entire sales team. They have bought from me, sold for me, and I have bought from them. They have been sponsors of our corvette club (Classic Glass Corvettes Club/220 members). Greg Rush and Jimmy Almond at the top to the title clerk behind the scenes have all been A#1. They are good at checking their cars out (I'm sure some things occasionally slip by) and I know they wholesale off cars that don't meet their criteria. They are always priced competively (or they couldn't sell 40 cars a month), have a huge selection, take trade ins (most Corvette dealers don't), offer financing and yes, they make a profit! What more could you ask for in a specialized car dealer! Call me if you want to discuss it any further...
Reggie Martin/Kennesaw, GA 678-488-5461

Last edited by harleyreg; 08-09-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:31 PM
corvetteowner18
Cruising

Default This Forum Has Changed For The Worst

It is my opinion, that this forum has changed from a "True Corvette Forum" to: "Bash the dealers" and "trash each other" forum. Today guys, this makes me sick. My whole life has been built around my dream to own Corvettes. I have met thousands of Corvette owners over the years, while building my collection of Vettes,and have always been proud to be associated with Corvette owners, dealers, Corvette mechanics and Corvette parts suppliers. After reading some of the negative comments, I wonder if Corvette owners have changed, or, has this Forum has been taken over by a bunch of sick-os??????? Someone asks a simple question about an over heating problem. The next reply is from some smart *** saying-"read your owners manual" or, "go buy a service manual and look it up." Gosh I hope the good people in this country don't get turned off on Corvettes by a bunch of negative smart *** jerks who do not have anything to do in life but to be a jerk on this site.

Last edited by corvetteowner18; 08-09-2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: American Sportscar Center