Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An unusual reason WTB

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
obx2323
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walt69
It sounds as if drbluevert has already found his corvette. http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...024post1503024
I actually sent the seller a PM asking that as I believe the car was posted here, well...............
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Drbluevert
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks so much - you all have been so wonderful!

Originally Posted by woody52
does anyone besides me find it strange that drbluevert has not posted a reply since 7/27? for the record, if it is a legitimate post you can count me in for $100.00 as well!
I haven't been on the forum because I hit the road last Thursday for a trip to St. Louis, MO from outside of Philly, PA. I found somebody here on CF, (bobster42) who was selling and we made a deal. The trip out (14 hrs.- not so bad, coming back - 21 hrs.never again!
I didn't get back until Saturday about 3PM and I was drained of all energy. Went to bed and didn't get up until 5 PM Sunday. I missed our son at the airport but Tonight he gets to see it for the first time.
I'm a little worried as it's been many years since I've driven a C3 and last night I experianced entry and exit is not too easy for someone with long legs! I'm 6'2" and a bit out of shape for flexability, our son is a basketball center at almost 6'5". With his injuries still hurting I'm not sure he's going to get in the seat. What compounds the problems of egress is those hot side-pipes! I burned my legs twice. They look and sound great, it'll be interesting to see if they stay. I'll take some pics later and post them.
Thank again so much for the very generous offers. The money wasn't a breaker however, I wish I had the budget for a better car that was more along in a restoration process.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Drbluevert
Advanced

Originally Posted by LT1 Hunter
That was the 71 white blue interior, auto. 15K. Congrats dr.
Actually it's a 4 spd. anybody know what the **** is that pulls in and out like the headlight switch but it's located under and left of the speedometer gage? It's not in the 71 owners manual.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Allen_396
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

For 6'2"+ tall people, I hope it has the tile / tele steering column. If not, you might consider installing one.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
jaxlt1
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts

Default ****

Should be for the over ride for the headlamps/windshield wiper cowl and the round **** is to stop the wipers in midstream for service.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Drbluevert
Advanced

Originally Posted by jaxlt1
Should be for the over ride for the headlamps/windshield wiper cowl and the round **** is to stop the wipers in midstream for service.
No, those I know and are under the steering colum. The pull out switch is on the face of the dash smaller and lower than the headlight switch. I'll try to take a picture later.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 PM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drbluevert
No, those I know and are under the steering colum. The pull out switch is on the face of the dash smaller and lower than the headlight switch. I'll try to take a picture later.
Trip odometer / mile reset.....
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually it's a 4 spd. anybody know what the **** is that pulls in and out like the headlight switch but it's located under and left of the speedometer gage? It's not in the 71 owners manual.
Is there another one over on the passenger side dash? These pull in and out right?
Not up and down which is what all the above mentioned do.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Consider having someone that owns a C-3 come over and walk you through the car. They can offer ideas on what they see, suggested areas to be addressed, etc. If I can help let me know, things like registration in PA, inspection, etc. We can help to wipe out a lot of the mystery for you and your son, just ask. Be home Saturday from India, at the car show Sunday, could meet next week if you like. I'll drive my 77 over and we can compare as well if you like. Be glad to help.
Best regards,
David
77Sleeper
Old 08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
sundevil74
Instructor

PM sent this AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
sundevil74
Instructor

Default ****?

Are you talking about a FRESH AIR VENT ****??
Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

If you got the white/blue coupe then you found a very nice looking
car and it looks like it is well along in the resto process. A factory a/c, tilt/tele. Love the color combo. Congrats

Quick Reply: An unusual reason WTB