Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 zf6-lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 77 zf6-lt1

It's amazing how the tax man cometh can change a persons perspective on selling their toys...

No longer looking for any trades, need cold hard cash.

This car runs great, drives like a bat out of hell (hard to resist when some poor schmuck tries to show off to his girlfriend thinking this is "just" a mid 70's C3 with no power... Usually only takes one shift to educate/embarass him) and draws attention wherever I go.

Paint job cost me over 8K, not looking to sell for anything less than that, I want 10K, but need to sell a few toys to pay the bill...

Engine is supposed to be low mileage, I have no proof.

6th gear at approximately 1750 rpm is 70mph

gets close to 30 MPG believe it or not

Comes with Billet wheels ( the rally's just did not look right)

Title reflects actual mileage (33k plus)

Some of the recent changes to the car
- MSD Distributor.
- True Duals with 3" pipes (need to insulate rear deck area because it can get loud in there with the windows up)
- replaced rear Calipers/rotors and stainless steel lines
- a whole lot more that I just can't remember

Last edited by wlharrisjr1969; 03-01-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added pictures
Old 01-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Sorry to hear you are selling her bud but we all have to take care of our priorities.

I am the previous owner to Bill on this car (I bought it with the LT1/ZF6 conversion started) and let me tell you he has done an AWESOME job with her. The car is well worth what he is asking

My only question is 1) Cooling system needs a complete flush, Haven't gotten around to it yet. (Flushed this, but I would replace the radiator with one custom to the car)
That is a "new" aluminum radiator I put in (It's 5 years old now ), is it giving you problems or is it just not doing what it needs?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Thanks for the plug, will get pics up soon as I get home. Radiator is a preferenc thing, one of the reasons I have not driven her much is that I live in an area where any time you get on the road you are gambling on whether you are going to get stuck in a traffic jamb and while she never overheated the couple of times I did get stuck in traffic, I was always worried about it. Found a supplier on line with a complete rad setup for the C3 that I liked and planned to buy it just never got around to it. Current radiator works fine though.

Originally Posted by Madmikeee
Sorry to hear you are selling her bud but we all have to take care of our priorities.

I am the previous owner to Bill on this car (I bought it with the LT1/ZF6 conversion started) and let me tell you he has done an AWESOME job with her. The car is well worth what he is asking

My only question is 1) Cooling system needs a complete flush, Haven't gotten around to it yet. (Flushed this, but I would replace the radiator with one custom to the car)
That is a "new" aluminum radiator I put in (It's 5 years old now ), is it giving you problems or is it just not doing what it needs?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Giving my old car da bump
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Thanks Madmikee, kind of figured I would not get any interest, but thought I would give it a try, guess in the spring I will try to sell one of the Harley's (NOT) or just build a bigger garage (more likely) her Jag is still in the shop so no current pressing need to find room in the garage

Originally Posted by Madmikeee
Giving my old car da bump
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

One last trip to the top...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

ok, so the last one was supposed to he it, but times change, large bills to the Uncle come in and I have to sell some things to get it paid.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:48 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wlharrisjr1969
Thanks for the plug, will get pics up soon as I get home. Radiator is a preferenc thing, one of the reasons I have not driven her much is that I live in an area where any time you get on the road you are gambling on whether you are going to get stuck in a traffic jamb and while she never overheated the couple of times I did get stuck in traffic, I was always worried about it. Found a supplier on line with a complete rad setup for the C3 that I liked and planned to buy it just never got around to it. Current radiator works fine though.
Are you aware that the LTx engines are designed to run alot hotter than the older SBCs? In a C4 the primary cooling fan doesn't come on until the coolant temp reaches 228*. If you could get hold of a digital thermometer you might find out that you're not running in the danger zone and the radiator isn't an issue.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:27 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrzvette
Are you aware that the LTx engines are designed to run alot hotter than the older SBCs? In a C4 the primary cooling fan doesn't come on until the coolant temp reaches 228*. If you could get hold of a digital thermometer you might find out that you're not running in the danger zone and the radiator isn't an issue.
Aware of the higher run temps, never thought about trying the digital reading (heck I have one I use on my rc engines that would give me a good reading), would probably put my mind more at ease that's for sure, will give it a try the next time I take her out. Thanks for the tip
Old 02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wlharrisjr1969
Aware of the higher run temps, never thought about trying the digital reading (heck I have one I use on my rc engines that would give me a good reading), would probably put my mind more at ease that's for sure, will give it a try the next time I take her out. Thanks for the tip
I don't know if it'll put your mind at ease. I know the LTx engines run hot and have a digital temp gauge in my 93. But I've been driving for almost 50 years and have not gotten used to the higher temps. I still get a twinge in my stomach when the temp goes above 200*.

Last edited by jrzvette; 02-28-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 PM
cybergrayedd
5th Gear

What can you tell me about the engine - how many miles on it, horespower.

Does the car have AC
Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 AM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Engine is supposed to have less than 40K miles, but I have no proof of this, just word of mouth through thte previous owners. I do remember finding the receipt for the drive train when I was going through the receipts, but don't think it indicated the mileage. As far as I know there are no modifications tothe engine, so should be right around the 300 HP mark (never saw the need to dyno it)

Most of the parts are there for the A/C but it is not connected (have to have custom lines made to connect the 92 Air Compressor to the 77 system)
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
brian_ndms
Instructor

Nice looking car!! I will be keeping an eye on this one. Some is getting heck of a car for that price range.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
wlharrisjr1969
Instructor

Drove her to work today after looking at the pic of the odometer and the title from when I transferred to MD plates 18 months ago and only seeing a 200 mile difference... Kind of depressing (not the drive)...
Da** I love driving this car, having some serious second thoughts about selling (particularly at a 10K loss), might sell one of the Harley's instead

Get notified of new replies

To 77 zf6-lt1

Quick Reply: 77 zf6-lt1