Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May have found my new hobby

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
medic1555
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default May have found my new hobby

Hello members! Been trying to get rid of a Harley and buy a Vette. I may have a possible deal on a trade for my bike. Could you good folks look over this car and give me your honest input? The price is $13,800 firm but willing to trade for a Harley Touring bike
Here is the sellers description:
1981 numbers matching Corvette Auto TH350, 71,000 miles, 6th oldest registered in country Vin # 1G1AY8763BS400155 ,white with red interior with working AC.This car mechanically is new and there are to many new items to list,but here are some: new tires,brakes,new adj shocks,360lb VNB spring kit, new complete steering system, new bushings, control arms, ball joints etc.New true dual exhausts with Hedman headers and Flowmaster mufflers., new High Performance aluminum radiator, refurbed original Rear, Complete Edelbrock Performer kit with dual roller timing chain,new camshaft,polished intake and Thunder Series Carb, New balancer and all pulleys,new water pump and all hoses and fittings, new interior , door panels, new carpet.new speakers and other small items. New weatherstripping through out car. T Tops with covers, although one is cracked but it does not leak.Due to crack in top I will include a Brand new canvas top value $350 and a brand new embroarded front end Nose Bra.New Battery and I just had Trans serviced.Also just installed new Ignition Key cylinder.This car has been refurbed from the bottom up with over $11,000 in new parts total of $19,00 in car.. Paint is original but in fair shape,some chips.I will include touch up paint.I will also include any original parts that I have that came off car.This car runs and drives pefectly. The car has always been garage kept and doesnt see winter!!Also comes wth cover.This Corvette can be inspected on a lift in my shop at anytime. Also comes with all books and paperwork, shop manual,build manual and owners manual. I was able to make these changes to engine and exhaust because it is registered an antique

Here are some pics:

Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

im no expert but 13k doesnt seem too far off. it looks like its in nice shape. whats your bike worth? just noticed its from pa. where in pa is it?

Last edited by nutsy; 08-18-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

To me it's worth an even swap! If it's as clean as the pic's show YES.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
medic1555
Racer

The Kelly Blue Book and NADA values on my bike are around $18,000 retail but I see them selling on eBay and CraigsList in the $15,000 range and sometimes lower...especially this time of year.
I'm impressed with the engine and interior of this car from the pics.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM
medic1555
Racer

Oops, just realized I posted this in the wrong section...sorry!

Get notified of new replies

To May have found my new hobby

Quick Reply: May have found my new hobby