Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Corvette Stingray 350- 5-Speed FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Corvette Stingray 350 4-Speed FS

SOLD SOLD SOLD

'69 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350 4-speed Numbers matching

Miles: ODO reads 133819

Trim Tag # F06
VIN 194379S12283
Engine VIN VI226HYJ

Black on black. Originally Cortez Silver.

I purchased this car from my father in-law the beginning of last summer to use in a short film. I am the 3rd owner. He bought it for a project pre ’87 and has worked on it on and off since. The motor was rebuilt in ’87 but was only been driven about 600 miles before I purchased it.

Exterior – Body is in good condition. The paint is not great. It was painted poorly pre ‘87. There are a couple fatigue cracks in the B pillars. The paint has chips from hailstone damage. There is no major structural damage that is known of by me or the previous owner. There looks to be some minor repair work on the passenger side rear fender and possibly driver door jamb. It needs some TLC and a repaint. The pop-up headlights work, driving lights all work. I have replaced some door and trim pieces, new front center grill, side gills, chrome pieces and a few other odds and ends.

The interior – It is in fair shape. It is missing a carpet panel in rear and needs some TLC to make it perfect. I have boxes of additional factory interior parts waiting to be installed as well as new exterior trim pieces. Seats were reupholstered at some point and most all of the gages work. There is some wiring work that needs to be sorted out in the HVAC system.

Engine/Chassis – The motor was rebuilt in ’87 but has only been driven about 600 miles since. The front end and breaks were also rebuilt. In the time I have owned it I converted to power breaks, rebuilt the carb, new 180 degree thermostat, new power steering valve, alignment, fuel pump, Etc. I needed it to run reliably for my film and it does. I drove it all summer back and forth to the film set and around town and it never let me down. I suspect the starter is on it’s way out. The rear suspension could use a refresh, as in bushings, spring, shocks. It's a little saggy.

Wheels/Tires – I had the factory wheels powder coated and put on a new set of BFG Redline tires. The tires alone cost over $1000.

My father in-law kept very good records of everything he did to the car witch I have in a three ring binder as well as receipts etc. I have the origional factory manual as well as assembly manuals and illustrated factory parts catalog. In addition I have extra bumpers, AC unit, Misc factory trim and interior pieces etc. Even a factory trailer hitch. It was kept covered in a very dry shop and has next to zero rust anywhere.

It’s a decent starting point for restoration or with a little TLC you could just drive it around with the patina of age on it and enjoy it like I did. If I had the extra space for it I would keep it around, rebuild the rear end and just drive it like it is. I think it’s kind of cool the condition it’s in.

I'm not a Vette expert by any means but I'll answer any questions about the car to the best of my ability and give as accurate a representation as I can. The car is located in Madras, OR

PM me if interested.

$8500

Sid

Last edited by Sid-X; 03-13-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 AM
MathC3
Advanced

This such a great car for a goode price. Should not be here for long !
Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

good luck
Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 AM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Wow...that's a really awesome car! I found my 1970 a couple months ago in very, very similar condition. He was asking $9k and I paid $7k...thought I got a decent deal on a driver. Generally speaking, your car looks more together and has the added benefit of being a '69.

I like the price. Not going for blood and allowing someone the pride of owning one of these wonderful cars without selling their soul.

If I was still in the market, I can honestly say that I'd be considering a drive to Oregon right now...
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 874 Likes on 537 Posts

bump for a nice start that seems priced fairly. If I were not almost entirely across the nation I'd be looking at it tonight. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
qtlow
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by keithinspace
Wow...that's a really awesome car! I found my 1970 a couple months ago......................and has the added benefit of being a '69.

I see no real benefit of a 69 over a 70. Only personal preference.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist saying it.

Sid, I remember when you bought this car and became a member here.
I also remember being a little jealous of the deal you found. Some people have all the luck.

This is a great car at a great price. If I was in the market I'd be considering a trip to Oregon too.
Good luck with your sale. It should go quick.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
keithinspace
Drifting

Funny...I wrote that, but could actually come up with a short laundry list of benefits to a 1970 OVER a 1969. The glassed-in flaps and increased rarity, to name a couple.

That said, there is some "swagger" to owning a 1969 instead of a 1970. I agree, though. 100% personal preference and availability.

If this car was closer and I had the choice between the two, mine for $7k and this one for $8.5k, it would be a very, very, very close match. I'd have to look underneath each to say. The two cars could be twins separated at birth...mine owned by a punk rocker (sidepipes and LT-1 clone engine...but who needs stinking wipers?) and this one owned by a church family (fairly stock and seems like more things function).

A car I can really appreciate. That's all I can say. Somebody will be happy for the opportunity to purchase.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Jasonb86
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car looks to be a great deal. As another recent purchaser of a '70 coupe, I feel this car has a lot going for it and for much less than what I paid.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Sorry I don't know why I can't change my title typo but this is a 4-speed car.

And, thanks for the compliments on the car. I think it's a fair price given the current economic climate. I really would like to see the car go to someone who will continue improving and driving it.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM
stingrays_r_us
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man this is a great car. I hope its still around so i can buy it! (highly unlikely)
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Sid-X
Intermediate

It's still here. I have a lot of interested parties but no ones pulled the trigger yet.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Additional photos added.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Finally got some under shots. Not the best way to take photos of the chassis I admit but it's what I could get today and they give you an idea of what's going on down under.

The car is still available but the offers are coming in. For the record I am not looking for trades or to give the car away . Thanks.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
DeadStang
Instructor

Sid-X, I'm still wanting to come over this weekend, assuming the roads are passable...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Photo update. Did I mention it comes with spare parts? (Dog not included)

Old 03-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

I wish this car were in the South. It it were, I am sure that I would need to be the new owner.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alwyn678
I wish this car were in the South. It it were, I am sure that I would need to be the new owner.
Cars can be easily shipped to the South.

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Corvette Stingray 350- 5-Speed FS

Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 AM
keithinspace
Drifting

This car will be well bought by whoever picks it up.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
GD70
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good deal! A lot of potential and love all the original & new spare parts!
Good luck with the sale!

Times are still tough for lots of folks, so be patient.

Glenn
Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 1969 Corvette Stingray 350- 5-Speed FS