Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTS 1970 454 4-speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default WTS 1970 454 4-speed

CAR IS NOW SOLD

1970 Corvette Stingray Coupe

This is an original 454 LS5 390 hp/ 4 speed car. Very low production due to the GM strike.
Originally Monza Red with black interior, currently black/black.
Factory hot rod, no options car. I did add power steering to it. The car came up from Arizona and has no rust or rot anywhere. The body is very straight. Hood, T-tops and wiper doors were just repainted, the rest of the paint is decent.
The birdcage and rocker panels are rock solid. Has T-tops and removable back window, correct big block hood.
New windshield, original Astro Ventilation side windows.

Mileage : 57,800

Engine = 1973 454 from a chevy truck, unknown mileage. Runs good, no noises or smoke. Has Edelbrock Performer Cam, Edelbrock Torker II intake, Edlebrock Performer carb. New fuel pump, tank strainer, water pump, belts and hoses.

Ignition= HEI distributor with cable tach drive conversion with Taylor 8mm wires. New alternator. New battery.

Exhaust= Hooker Super Comp ceramic coated headers, 2.5” stainless exhaust, Flowmaster 70 stainless mufflers, with correct 1970 stainless slash cut rectangular tips.

Transmission= Muncie M-20 4-speed with rebuilt shifter, new Zoom clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, front bearing retainer and main bearing, Hayes flywheel.

Differential= Original big block diff with 3.55 gears, Muskegon rear cover,new stub axles.

Cooling= Modine 4 core radiator with dual Flex-A-Lite electric fans and Painless Wiring thermostatic switch.

Suspension= Edelbrock shocks, rebuilt suspension with new ball joints/bushings, VBP fiberglass rear spring, Van Steel adjustable strut rods. New U-joints.

Brakes= rebuilt calipers all around with stainless braided brake lines, all new e-brake parts and cables.

Wheels/Tires= BFG 235/60/15 Radial TA on factory Rally Wheels.

Electric headlight conversion, new door and T-Top weather stripping, 97 F-body seatbelt conversion, all new chrome except for front bumper which is in good shape.
Everything works but the clock and the wipers, wiper door functions if you apply vacuum to the canister but haven't messed around with getting the wipers done.
Overall it is a solid daily driver.
I drive it a few days a week, have put about 700 miles on it since I got it roadworthy last summer. Car is currently registered, inspected and insured.

$17,500
email v8george at gmail.com

Vids of car.

Last edited by Fastguy; 05-01-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Bagmup
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn man, nice car and nice price. I can only hope deals like this come up when i have my cash together to buy.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I was going to buy it...then I saw the clock doesn't work. Just kidding.....super sweet C3. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:03 AM
gimli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... what happend george? i think the car was sold last month?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

Now here is a corvette and the price is great !!!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Originally Posted by gimli
... what happend george? i think the car was sold last month?
Buyer never came up with money, stopped returning calls and messages. I turned down a bunch of better offers. I repost the ad and the person appeared again saying he is sending the money. Until I get cash in hand, the car is for sale. This is a very solid car at a very fair price and comes with a trunkload of spare parts I have accumulated over the past 20 years of owning Stingrays.

Here is the deal, the car is for sale, if you want to buy it, you can give me money and have the car. That is how cars for sale works.
Sorry to sound like a dick, but I am not "holding" the car for anyone anymore. First person to show up with funds takes the car.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 AM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I like this car, and the minor mods.

I want a convert, but this would be very hard to pass up if I was ready to buy.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Fastguy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'05

............and it is sold again.

Get notified of new replies

To WTS 1970 454 4-speed

Quick Reply: WTS 1970 454 4-speed