Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1973 Convertible For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM
John in Dayton
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1973 Convertible For Sale

1973 Corvette Convertible for Sale. Have owned since 1998. Has many replacement parts. Runs and drives great. 4 speed manual transmission. New tires, new gas tank, new interior, new convertible top, new exhaust system from headers back, upgraded to MSD electronic ignition, replaced heater core, replaced shift console. Brakes have had stainless steel sleeves and have been rebuilt. Car stops on a dime. Has air conditioning but is not operational. Have original radio. Did NOT cut up bezel of dash but replaced with aftermarket radio that fits the dash. Replaced orignal speakers when had dash out of car to replace heater core. Car is in stock condition. Stock L48 350 engine. Block is original to car. Needs new front urethane bumper. Frame has surface rust only and is in excellent shape. No rust on birdcage. Car has recently been appraised by local corvette restoration facility for authenticity and value. Have lost passion for the vehicle, too busy, want my garage back but unwilling to sacrifice on price as vehicle is priced properly for what it is, a daily driver. This is NOT a NCRS show car. Send PM with email if interested. Have receipts from (I believe) second owner from the 1970's. Also have tank sticker from original gas tank which confirms build of vehicle vs. what is currently there. 23 photos of vehicle are in my album. Dayton, OH suburb. $13000.00

See photobucket link here: http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/shermajd/library/

Last edited by John in Dayton; 07-22-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added Photo's
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM
John in Dayton
Advanced

bump
Old 07-21-2013, 11:34 AM
John in Dayton
Advanced

OK, so not getting any responses to the ad. Any feedback?

Thanks

John in Dayton
Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi John,
Your car looks nice in the pictures.
I think if the pictures were part of this For Sale ad you'd get more attention.
As it now is a person needs to read through the entire ad to realize where the pictures are and then some people might not know how to get to them.
Maybe?
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 PM
CorvetteThom
Intermediate

Originally Posted by John in Dayton
OK, so not getting any responses to the ad. Any feedback?

Thanks

John in Dayton
I'd agree with Alan. Embedding the pictures will go a long way.

Since you asked; I think replacing that nose would really help with the sale. A good friend of my family is a realtor, and it's always amazing to me what small estethic "problems" people cannot overcome.

Otherwise she's a beauty. I've been looking for one like yours for some time. I just prefer to deal locally.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Alan is absolutely right. People browse through the for sale sections all the time and when people dont take the couple minutes to post their pictures in the ad, browsers rarely go searching for them. Get some attention for your ad and at least post a few.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 PM
John in Dayton
Advanced

Alan, Thom and Vettebuyer,

thanks for your responses. I am attempting to attach photo's to the posting (or start a new thread with photos). I searched FAQ's on how to do that. It says to Post Reply and then do an attachment. But at the bottom of the thread, when I look for the attachment option all I see is smilies. Additionallly, at very bottom on left it says I "may not" post attachments. The FAQ instructions say that attachments (ie photos) cannot be used in the quick reply function.

I'm fairly capable and have searched how to post photos (other than the album)but am not figuring out how to do it. Any insight?

Thanks for your responses to my prior post. BTW, any insight into the price I have the car listed for?

Thanks

John in Dayton
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Alan, Thom and Vettebuyer,

thanks for your responses. I am attempting to attach photo's to the posting (or start a new thread with photos). I searched FAQ's on how to do that. It says to Post Reply and then do an attachment. But at the bottom of the thread, when I look for the attachment option all I see is smilies. Additionallly, at very bottom on left it says I "may not" post attachments. The FAQ instructions say that attachments (ie photos) cannot be used in the quick reply function.

I'm fairly capable and have searched how to post photos (other than the album)but am not figuring out how to do it. Any insight?

Thanks for your responses to my prior post. BTW, any insight into the price I have the car listed for?

Thanks

John in Dayton
Post your pictures in a photo bucket account and copy the img code onto your ad. There is a sticky in the C1/C2 section that explains everything.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM
80C0rvette
Intermediate

PM sent.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM
John in Dayton
Advanced

Default 1973 Convertible For Sale - Dayton, OH with PHOTOS!

1973 Corvette Convertible for Sale. Have owned since 1998. Has many replacement parts. Runs and drives great. 4 speed manual transmission. New tires, new gas tank, new interior, new convertible top, new exhaust system from headers back, upgraded to MSD electronic ignition, replaced heater core, replaced shift console. Brakes have had stainless steel sleeves and have been rebuilt. Car stops on a dime. Has air conditioning but is not operational. Have original radio. Did NOT cut up bezel of dash but replaced with aftermarket radio that fits the dash. Replaced orignal speakers when had dash out of car to replace heater core. Car is in stock condition. Stock L48 350 engine. Block is original to car. Needs new front urethane bumper. Frame has surface rust only and is in excellent shape. No rust on birdcage. Car has recently been appraised by local corvette restoration facility for authenticity and value. Have lost passion for the vehicle, too busy, want my garage back but unwilling to sacrifice on price as vehicle is priced properly for what it is, a daily driver. This is NOT a NCRS show car. Send PM with email if interested. Have receipts from (I believe) second owner from the 1970's. Also have tank sticker from original gas tank which confirms build of vehicle vs. what is currently there. 23 photos of vehicle are in my album. Dayton, OH suburb. $13000.00

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/shermajd/library/

Get notified of new replies

To 1973 Convertible For Sale

Quick Reply: 1973 Convertible For Sale