Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1974 Stingray F/S

Old 08-30-2016, 06:35 PM
KevinsHVAC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Stingray F/S

I am selling my project car that I purchased a few months ago. I bought this with the intentions of working on it with my kids but with two jobs and other hobbies I would rather see it go to someone else who has the time to finish it. This car has a rather simple background. I purchased this from a guy in PA who's father in law bought is brand new in 74. He gave it to his daughter for her sweet 16, she drove it for a few years and then she got married and her husband drove it for a few more years. It then sat in their barn for 22yrs on jack stands. He ended up getting in to mustangs , and lost interest in the car. They held on to it for so long because her dad passed away and she didn't want to let it go because it was her sweet 16 gift from him.

Well now on to the car itself. For being a 74 the interior is in great condition. The only flaw that I saw was the e-brake handle. It looks like the side of it broke. I have both bumpers for it as you can see in the pics. i also have new rotors, calipers, brakes, plugs, wires, and all fluids. I also have the stainless steel retainers for the bumpers that I got from Eklers. I have a brand new Edelbrock 600cfm carb, and the engine already has an edelbrock intake on it. This will come with the original intake along with the AC compressor and condenser. This was removed by previous owner. I am located in Maryland, zip code 21783. It's currently sitting on furniture dollies and will need to be pushed or winched on to a trailer. The previous owner had a small tractor that had a bucket and we just pushed it by the rear bumper up on to the trailer so that may be an option too. I am looking to get 5,000.00 OBO. I do have the title in hand. Any questions please call or PM me. 301-401-2812. I am a motivated seller and would like this gone ASAP.
Attached Images           
Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 AM
KevinsHVAC
Advanced

I have had some interest on Craigslist and on here and some questions that have been asked.

I have a brand new battery for it, just never installed. When I went to look at it he took a battery from his car and the vette did turn over just wouldn't start.

The VIN# is 1Z37J4S415679 this is the 195HP 350ci motor. The trans is the 400 automatic.

Color is red, any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:51 AM
KevinsHVAC
Advanced

Update, I installed the edelbrock carb and the car runs. The motor isn't locked up at all. I did have it running for about 3 minutes. Clearly needs adjustments but she is alive after 22yrs!!!

Last edited by KevinsHVAC; 09-09-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:17 AM
KevinsHVAC
Advanced

Ttt, 4500.00, can send video of the car running via text. Tried to email it so I could post it on here but it says the file is too large.

Last edited by KevinsHVAC; 09-12-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1974 Stingray F/S

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1974 Stingray F/S