Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB C3 Corvette (NV)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB C3 Corvette (NV)

Hi,
I'm pretty new to the forums but I am hoping for a little help with finding a C3. I have been all over craigslist and eBay. A little expert help would be great too.
I am looking mainly for a good drive train, good interior, good body.
I am not concerned with scratches in the paint/poor paint but I don't want something with body damage or that's been in an accident. Preferably no yellow. Only color I don't like! Not worried about paint because I want to drive this car and in doing so I know it will get dings and wind blown sand onto the paint so that doesn't need to be stellar.
The interior only needs to be decent, nothing too bad but still not something where I need to replace every little thing.
The motor is the biggie. I want a good driver car. Nothing with major leaks or issues. Good automatic transmission. Good brakes.
Basically something I can drive several times a week and not have to jump every time I try to start it up. I'd like something that doesn't leak into the interior or majorly leak underneath. I understand there will most likely be undercarriage leaks in mostly anything I buy, I get it's an old car. I'd like the major electrical components to work, lights, gauges, turn signals, windows. But as long as the window is stuck in the up position, I can handle that.
My budget is around $7000.00
Any polite input will be appreciated. If I am being unrealistic let me know your opinion.
I'm in northern NV, even Vegas has had some pretty slim pickins recently which is why I'm reaching out.
Thanks in advance!!! Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:45 AM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Whoops, forgot one major thing, only coupes, no convertibles.
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:02 PM
captain cook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have sent you a PM about my 75 coupe. $6500

Last edited by captain cook; 01-01-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by captain cook
I have sent you a PM about my 75 coupe. $6500

Thank you! I sent you an email.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 PM
captain cook
Racer

please resend email to hicaptaincook@aol.com

Last edited by captain cook; 01-02-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

please resend email to hicaptaincook@aol.com
That is where I sent it but I will send another one. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:07 PM
captain cook
Racer

Dunegirl is hoping to find a "local" c3.... She seems like a very nice human...I hope the forum members can help her out..
Old 01-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Dunegirl is hoping to find a "local" c3.... She seems like a very nice human...I hope the forum members can help her out..
Thank you!!! 😀
Old 01-07-2017, 10:22 AM
captain cook
Racer

bump to top of the reading list....Barrett Jackson in AZ is this week
Old 01-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

bump to top of the reading list....Barrett Jackson in AZ is this week

Thank you for the heads up! I've only ever watched Barrett Jackson auctions on tv. All of those cars are WAYYY out of my price range!!!
Do they have a more 'general public' type auction too?
Old 01-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunegirl
Thank you for the heads up! I've only ever watched Barrett Jackson auctions on tv. All of those cars are WAYYY out of my price range!!!
Do they have a more 'general public' type auction too?
Not really. Once in a while they have a somewhat cheaper later year C3 but I've never seen one near the $7000 mark.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Priya
Not really. Once in a while they have a somewhat cheaper later year C3 but I've never seen one near the $7000 mark.
Thank you!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Dunegirl
Intermediate

Hi,
I'm pretty new to the forums but I am hoping for a little help with finding a C3. I have been all over craigslist and eBay. A little expert help would be great too.
I am looking mainly for a good drive train, good interior, good body.
I am not concerned with scratches in the paint/poor paint but I don't want something with body damage or that's been in an accident. Preferably no yellow. Only color I don't like! Not worried about paint because I want to drive this car and in doing so I know it will get dings and wind blown sand onto the paint so that doesn't need to be stellar.
The interior only needs to be decent, nothing too bad but still not something where I need to replace every little thing.
The motor is the biggie. I want a good driver car. Nothing with major leaks or issues. Good automatic transmission. Good brakes.
Basically something I can drive several times a week and not have to jump every time I try to start it up. I'd like something that doesn't leak into the interior or majorly leak underneath. I understand there will most likely be undercarriage leaks in mostly anything I buy, I get it's an old car. I'd like the major electrical components to work, lights, gauges, turn signals, windows. But as long as the window is stuck in the up position, I can handle that.
My budget is around $7000.00
Any polite input will be appreciated. If I am being unrealistic let me know your opinion.
I'm in northern NV, even Vegas has had some pretty slim pickins recently which is why I'm reaching out.
Thanks in advance!!! Happy New Year!
Quick update: I have narrowed my search more. I'm looking between '73 and '79. Thank you!
Old 01-28-2017, 11:58 AM
captain cook
Racer

Default corvette search

Quick update: I have narrowed my search more. I'm looking between '73 and '79. Thank you!
You are moved to the top .....might be your lucky day....
Old 01-31-2017, 12:10 PM
1truL48
Smokin' BBQ Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
NC Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Of course I'm on the other side of the country (NC) but shipping costs have come down. I have a '77 L48 in the first year C-3 offered and coveted factory black with red leather interior. All options, 7 documented owners, 86K. Always a NC car so no rust or rot issues. New brakes and calipers, regular maintenance. Asking $12K but let's negotiate!

Photos in my profile My Garage.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:01 PM
k5ride
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your still looking, I'm getting ready to sell a 1979 with 65,000 documented miles. It is white with automatic / oyster leather interior / Factory mags / side pipes / T tops. The paint looks decent and the leather interior is very good. It could use a carpet kit. BF Goodrich Tires are a couple years old but very little mileage, and the tread is like new. I have replaced most all the bushings with red urethane. It has new rotors, calipers, pads and shocks in front and new calipers and pads in rear. I also replaced all the power steering components including the pump, lines, hydraulic cylinder, etc., also the starter. It is all stock except the side pipes and has all emission components intact except for the catalytic converter which I still have. I also have some new items I purchased but haven't gotten around to installing that go with it. The only things that need mentioned is the air conditioning pump is missing and it has a lifter making intermittent noise. If I don't drive it for a few months, the carburetor acts finicky for a couple minutes and then idles fine. The reason I'm selling is twofold. The first is I'm downsizing and selling about 5 of my cars. The other reason is that I recently bought a C5 and I'm dumping all my money and time into that. I would be willing to let it go for $7000. I am located in So. Cal. If you are interested, let me know and I will send you pics and a video of it running and driving. Good luck with your C3 search

Last edited by k5ride; 02-06-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C3 Corvette (NV)

Quick Reply: WTB C3 Corvette (NV)