Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trade two nice C4's for a nice C3 (73 or older)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 AM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Trade two nice C4's for a nice C3 (73 or older)

I have two C4's that I'm willing to trade for a nice 73 or earlier C-3

C4 #1 is a 92 coupe with 55K on the clock, LT1 auto with the FX3 suspension and also has the performance axle. Has almost new tires w/C5 wheels. The gray leather interior with power seats that are in great shape with no rips or tears and drives great. Also comes with both the painted and blue tinted tops she has just some maintenance done and replaced with a new fuel pump, fuel filter, serpentine belt, thermostat,water pump and new opti. Like I mention runs great with cold A/C for summer and hot heat for the winter. I have the original window sticker and the manuals on this car and even the original VHS tape that came with it

C4 #2 is a 92 white convertible. It has 43K on the clock an LT1 auto. the soft cloth top is in great condition and also has the rare hard top. the rear window on the soft top is slightly discolored because of it's rarely used and the hard top is on almost all of the time. It has black leather power sport seats and looks and drives great. It also has almost new tires this car has just been tuned up with plugs wires, serpentine belt, water pump, thermostat a new opti, fuel filter, and fuel pump. This car also has cold a/c and hot heat

Both cars are adult driven and not driven hard. they are both stock completely the way they came from Chevrolet. Sorry I'm a stock guy but that's the way I roll. The coupe probably comes in at about 8K and the vert comes in at about 9-10K so so you can figure what I'm looking for and it gives you an idea where I stand. Both bodies are in great shape with great and very shinny paint. The coupe has a small spot on the front bumper that a very minor blemish and wouldn't take anything to repair. I live in East Texas about 80 miles from Dallas. If interested please don't hesitate to ask. questions. these cars also come with the factory shop manuals

I will not separate these cars and are a package deal unless some one wants to trade for just one of them but why in the would you do that anyhow...LOL Please with all due respect. These cars are not projects or junk so please respect me for the same with no projects junkers or lowballers.
I'll try to check in here and check my PM's and answer any questions y'all might have.
Thanks for your consideration and best regards with respect,
Smokeysvette (Steve)

Last edited by Smokeysvette; 01-10-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: left out wording
Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Saw this on CL, wish I had a 73 to trade! Good luck my friend!
The following users liked this post:
Smokeysvette (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 01:47 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Thanks chstitans42. Yes your correct, if you just look at the numbers it would be a great deal for someone. The reason I'm doing this is because I just bought a C6 and just don't have the room for all three vettes. I started out in my younger days with a '68 so I'd like to go back to a early C-3 like when I was younger and in now my senior years have the newer C-6 as I plan to keep (plus it's paid for). Also it will give me room and also cut down on the collectors insurance to just two cars instead of three.
Again thanks.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:50 AM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Looks like you have a couple of nice C4s at realistic values. Have you posted them for sale in the C4 section? If not you might want to consider doing that with some photos and then reference C3 folks to your ad in that section. Good luck. Having a modern Vette and classic is the best of both worlds!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop
Looks like you have a couple of nice C4s at realistic values. Have you posted them for sale in the C4 section? If not you might want to consider doing that with some photos and then reference C3 folks to your ad in that section. Good luck. Having a modern Vette and classic is the best of both worlds!
Yes, these are solid low mileage cars and thanks for the advice blue67ragtop. But I have yet as long as I've been in the forums here learned how to post a pic.
I'd put this in the C-4 section for most of the C-4 people to see if I can figure out how to post pic's and do what you suggested too.
Do you have to have an outside source like picture trail to do this or can I move them right off my computer?
Sorry I don't post a lot, I'm mostly a intent reader of this great forum.

Best regards, Smokeysvette
Old 01-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Smokeysvette
...if I can figure out how to post pic's...
There's a How To Post Pics sticky at the top of the Parts For Sale forum.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:07 PM
mardyn
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm in Canton, where are you located?

mardyn
Old 01-13-2017, 06:50 PM
blue67ragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Smokeysvette
Yes, these are solid low mileage cars and thanks for the advice blue67ragtop. But I have yet as long as I've been in the forums here learned how to post a pic.
I'd put this in the C-4 section for most of the C-4 people to see if I can figure out how to post pic's and do what you suggested too.
Do you have to have an outside source like picture trail to do this or can I move them right off my computer?
Sorry I don't post a lot, I'm mostly a intent reader of this great forum.

Best regards, Smokeysvette
Posting pictures is easy. If the photos are on your computer just click on the small icon that looks like a postcard (the yellow one) at the top of the reply block. It will take you to the photos on your computer. Just insert them and your photos will appear in your post. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:50 AM
Smokeysvette
Pro

It was late at night when I saw this post and how to post a pic I can go out and take more tomorrow as it thunder storming tonight and the cars are in my shop. If anyone would like any specific pic's I will take them now that this old guy knows how. Remember these cars are completely stock except the C5 wheels on the Coupe.

the two sitting together

The coupe interior

The convert interior

the Mileage on the convert.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:07 AM
Smokeysvette
Pro

I'll post the engine shots tomorrow. But, again they are completely stock and if your looking for a hot rodded modded out corvette's you wont find it on these cars. I'm a stock guy and drive them as such and always have been. Also just wanted to also say that everything on these cars works as supposed to.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Just a few of the engine bay of both cars of the Droptop and the coupe. Ooopps the C6 was jelious and trying to block the pic...LOL

Old 01-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Smokeysvette
Pro

Originally Posted by mardyn
I'm in Canton, where are you located?

mardyn
mardyn, I'm in just outside of Wills Point.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Smokeysvette
Pro

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Trade two nice C4's for a nice C3 (73 or older)

Quick Reply: Trade two nice C4's for a nice C3 (73 or older)