Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: '68-'72 C3 4 speed car for daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 04:40 PM
SRQ
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '68-'72 C3 4 speed car for daily driver

Hello, I am a new forum member, and I am looking for my next daily driver.

EDIT: Will consider '68 - '77 4 speed cars.

Because I will be using this car as a daily driver, the overall originality of the drivetrain (while a nice bonus if intact) is not important. What is VERY important is that the car is mechanically in order and sound (I will not buy a project), as the car will be used daily and will rack up mileage. I will consider big or small block engines as long it is a 4 speed car. Additionally, the car does not need to meet criteria of certain option set(s) as it will be used as a daily driver (although AC in Florida is nice to have in the summer).

Exterior color: No black or red cars. I am open to most any color other than black or red. I will gladly consider greens, blues, grays, golds, silvers, white, and even yellow, (and would consider a red car if priced right) the brighter the color, the better.

Price: <$15,000 - I am considering cars without the original drivetrains.

Timeframe to make purchase: Because I am just starting my search, I will wait for the right car at the right price.

If you want to email me directly - indieg@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Glenn

Last edited by SRQ; 04-03-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Changed the WTB years considered.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:01 PM
woodlawnmill
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQ
Hello, I am a new forum member, and I am looking for my next daily driver.

I am looking for a '68-'72 4 speed car.

Because I will be using this car as a daily driver, the overall originality of the drivetrain (while a nice bonus if intact) is not important. What is VERY important is that the car is mechanically in order and sound (I will not buy a project), as the car will be used daily and will rack up mileage. I will consider big or small block engines as long it is a 4 speed car. Additionally, the car does not need to meet criteria of certain option set(s) as it will be used as a daily driver (although AC in Florida is nice to have in the summer).

Exterior color: No black or red cars. I am open to most any color other than black or red. I will gladly consider greens, blues, grays, golds, silvers, white, and even yellow, (and would consider a red car if priced right) the brighter the color, the better.

Price: <$15,000 - I am considering cars without the original drivetrains.

Timeframe to make purchase: Because I am just starting my search, I will wait for the right car at the right price.

If you want to email me directly - indieg@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Glenn
I believe I did see on this forum that for the '71 year only 10% of cars produced were 4 speeds. Perhaps other forum members would car e to comment on this. I does seem that there sure are a whole lot more A/T cars in the '70-'72 years,4 speeds not nearly so many.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi,
I believe you'll find that during the 71 model year about 11,740 cars were produced with 4-speed transmissions while about 10,060 were produced with automatic transmissions.
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 03-27-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:39 PM
SRQ
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for the weekend... Looking for '68-'77 4 speed cars. Not sure if the post title can be modified?

Get notified of new replies

To '68-'72 C3 4 speed car for daily driver

Quick Reply: WTB: '68-'72 C3 4 speed car for daily driver