Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Red 1979 L-82 T-Top ($11K OBO)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 03:00 AM
Japme262
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red 1979 L-82 T-Top ($11K OBO)

1979 L-82 Corvette T-Top (VIN: 1Z8749S450713)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- 350 Small Block / Automatic Transmission (Matching numbers)
- Original Body & interior (Good condition)
- New Glass (Fully tinted)
- New belts, battery
- Aftermarket radio/sub (Have the original)
- Mileage: 102100

Very good condition overall, has been garage stored almost its entire life, and worked on by 1 of 2 mechanics. Originally planned to take it overseas, but ended up getting a different job, and while I love taking her for a spin, I don't make quite enough at the current job, to keep her.

ENGINE (Good) - A stock L-82 350, however this one has had the EPA systems pulled out, professionally, so it is slightly more powerful than a factory L-82. The mechanic who pointed me to it, has been the only guy to work on it for the last 30 years (have receipts to show for everything) and he guessed that its is probably getting 5-10 more HP. Has an oversized radiator, so she will not overheat (the guy I bought her from tried). Factory exhaust and new alternator. Have only run non-ethanol premium in it.

DRIVE TRAIN/TIRES (Good) - The transmission is solid, however the seals are not the best. I check the fluid about once a month if it has been sitting, and keep a quart of fluid handy, but as long as she is being driven weekly, the seepage is almost zero. With a full tank, you can feel the car rise or settle as you change gears, and if you want, it is VERY easy to peel out, even in third. Rims are actual Rallye's, not repros, and the tires have good tread all around. Brakes are solid, but do build a little dust over time.

INTERIOR (Good) - Original carpet and molding. No tears in carpet or apholstery. Seats have been reapholstered. Wooden steering wheel, not plastic. Aftermarket radio and sub, but I do have the original. Seat belts are in decent condition (Driver's belt had been caught in the door, and has some grease and tearing, as a result, but is still fully useable), also the return springs are a bit worn, so the belts do not always retract. Some of the plastic (Dash, around the vents) has sun-baked, and there is some minor cracking.

EXTERIOR (Good) - Headlights are the original vacuum-powered lights (new bulbs), and one tail light has a small crack in it. This particular vehicle was originally one of the cream colored 'vettes. A previous owner had it repainted (a pretty decent job), however the paint does have some wear'n'tear along the panel edges and trim. Other than a little spidering in the point of the nose, the fiberglass is in excellant condition. A previous owner had replaced the stock airdam with an aftermarket one, but later took it off, and never reinstalled the original.

Asking $11000 OBO. Located in the Columbia/Charleston, SC area.

If interested, please contact me either by cellphone or email.

CELL: 803-225-3700
EMAIL: kickajet@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2024, 02:01 AM
Samolotec
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this still for sale?

Quick Reply: FS: Red 1979 L-82 T-Top ($11K OBO)