Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Looking for a 70-72 vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:08 AM
Lucking
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 70-72 vette

I've had a lifelong dream to own a Corvette, and now i finally have the space and cash to begin looking for the right one. I have a '70 Triumph Spitfire which i restored from basically a pile of rust and trash, to be an multiple award-winning classic, so i can take care of regular maintenance and such. But at the moment i'm not looking for a total resto project (the last one took us just over 7 years from start to finish..), but something i could drive with pride for the next 5 years time, and then do a full frame-off restoration. So!

I'm on the lookout for my first vette, a chrome bumper, and preferably 71-72, but 70 would also be alright.
Budget: around 15,000. A little more if the car is in better shape.
I know this might seem very low, but after posting this same ad in different FB groups, i've had roughly 10 good looking cars offered at around this price (and cheaper). Just not THE right one for me yet.
It might be a low price, but due to the shipping prices (which will obviously be on me) and the ridiculous taxes of importing just about anything into Denmark, i have to put down another $10k to have it running here. I'd like to either fly in and see the car(s) for myself, if i can find reasonable flight tickets), or i will have one of those "check the car you´re buying" companies to come check the car. Unless i'm 100% certain from pictures that the frame, birdcage and ect is in good shape.

I'm looking for a decent, but not top flight quality vette. Something that looks and drives good, but could use a restore and repaint in, say 5 years time, when serviced along the way. It might be a mission impossible, but i do have the time it will take to find the right one at the right price.
Requirements:
- Good frame and birdcage
- Numbers matching
- Small block
Preferences:
- Tan/saddle interior preferred, but black is also okay. (Does not have to be original)
- Manual much preferred, but auto could be okay if the car is good
- Colors preferred: Blue (light and medium), orange, red, silver, green and Yellow, white in the mentioned order. Also other colors, just not black, brown or burgundy ect. colors.
- The right side pipes can be a plus and raise the budget
- Convertible much preferred, but the right T-top might work out.

Thanks in advance fellas! And now get out rolling your vettes before the winter kicks in!

Best regards
Soren Lucking, Denmark
Old 08-21-2017, 12:29 AM
hammadown
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Take a look...........................

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0-000-obo.html

Hammadown
Old 08-21-2017, 03:17 AM
Lucking
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hammadown
Take a look...........................

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0-000-obo.html

Hammadown
Oh trust me, i have been drooling over yours, H! But with the range of my budget, i dont think we'd ever be able to agree on a price that'd be the vette worth it..
Old 08-21-2017, 06:08 PM
rambok81
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 72

I think I have the car your looking for
72 Corvette #s matching
4sp with air

Runs and drives great

$14,500 OBO

Union, KY
Phone 609-412-0912

=Lucking;1595400265]I've had a lifelong dream to own a Corvette, and now i finally have the space and cash to begin looking for the right one. I have a '70 Triumph Spitfire which i restored from basically a pile of rust and trash, to be an multiple award-winning classic, so i can take care of regular maintenance and such. But at the moment i'm not looking for a total resto project (the last one took us just over 7 years from start to finish..), but something i could drive with pride for the next 5 years time, and then do a full frame-off restoration. So!

I'm on the lookout for my first vette, a chrome bumper, and preferably 71-72, but 70 would also be alright.
Budget: around 15,000. A little more if the car is in better shape.
I know this might seem very low, but after posting this same ad in different FB groups, i've had roughly 10 good looking cars offered at around this price (and cheaper). Just not THE right one for me yet.
It might be a low price, but due to the shipping prices (which will obviously be on me) and the ridiculous taxes of importing just about anything into Denmark, i have to put down another $10k to have it running here. I'd like to either fly in and see the car(s) for myself, if i can find reasonable flight tickets), or i will have one of those "check the car you´re buying" companies to come check the car. Unless i'm 100% certain from pictures that the frame, birdcage and ect is in good shape.

I'm looking for a decent, but not top flight quality vette. Something that looks and drives good, but could use a restore and repaint in, say 5 years time, when serviced along the way. It might be a mission impossible, but i do have the time it will take to find the right one at the right price.
Requirements:
- Good frame and birdcage
- Numbers matching
- Small block
Preferences:
- Tan/saddle interior preferred, but black is also okay. (Does not have to be original)
- Manual much preferred, but auto could be okay if the car is good
- Colors preferred: Blue (light and medium), orange, red, silver, green and Yellow, white in the mentioned order. Also other colors, just not black, brown or burgundy ect. colors.
- The right side pipes can be a plus and raise the budget
- Convertible much preferred, but the right T-top might work out.

Thanks in advance fellas! And now get out rolling your vettes before the winter kicks in!

Best regards
Soren Lucking, Denmark[/QUOTE]
Corvette

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a 70-72 vette

Quick Reply: WTB: Looking for a 70-72 vette