Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1980 with upgraded handling and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:47 PM
hpvpaul2
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 with upgraded handling and brakes

I've turned it into a modern machine
It has Vansteel front and rear supension with adjustable coil overs, SSBC 4 piston disc brakes, Steeroids rack and pinon steering, super sticky speed rated tires with light weight rims, brand new leather interior with 4" bolsters. I found an old school tuner to set up the supension geometry. Every bushing in the suspnsion and frame/body has been replaced, all the seals in the doors, windows, and T-tops are brand new.
Heres the bad, car originally had an over heat problem because some idiot thought the cure for a leaking heater core was stop leak. I replaced the heater core, rebuilt the radiator, and flushed the engine. Car runs factory cool now but needs to have the climate control finished (lots of new parts in place already.
Brakes work awesome, but engagement is +/- 1/8th of an inch on pedal, can be a bit spooky. Think its a problem with balance, I have a new adjustable bias valve for it. Pics make the paint look better than it is.
Bottom line, I have a vehicle that can out turn all but the best super/hyper/race cars. Put your modern engine and tranny in and the car would be a modern classic. I've played with this car for 3 years and proved that it could handle. I have other tools in the garage that need my attention, time to move on. I daily drive it in warm weather, so I know its reliable. Car would be awesome for track days or solo comps. I have a 4 point roll bar kit and harnesses for it.
Asking $8000 on Ebay and Craigslist but I'm open to offers and trades up or down.
9282662906 Text or leave voicemail
Attached Images           

Last edited by hpvpaul2; 06-01-2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Add photos
Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Per forum rules, you have to list an asking price.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:38 PM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hpvpaul2
I've turned it into a modern machine
It has Vansteel front and rear supension with adjustable coil overs, SSBC 4 piston disc brakes, Steeroids rack and pinon steering, super sticky speed rated tires with light weight rims, brand new leather interior with 4" bolsters. I found an old school tuner to set up the supension geometry. Every bushing in the suspnsion and frame/body has been replaced, all the seals in the doors, windows, and T-tops are brand new.
Heres the bad, car originally had an over heat problem because some idiot thought the cure for a leaking heater core was stop leak. I replaced the heater core, rebuilt the radiator, and flushed the engine. Car runs factory cool now but needs to have the climate control finished (lots of new parts in place already.
Brakes work awesome, but engagement is +/- 1/8th of an inch on pedal, can be a bit spooky. Think its a problem with balance, I have a new adjustable bias valve for it. Pics make the paint look better than it is.
Bottom line, I have a vehicle that can out turn all but the best super/hyper/race cars. Put your modern engine and tranny in and the car would be a modern classic. I've played with this car for 3 years and proved that it could handle. I have other tools in the garage that need my attention, time to move on. I daily drive it in warm weather, so I know its reliable. Car would be awesome for track days or solo comps. I have a 4 point roll bar kit and harnesses for it.
Asking $8000 on Ebay and Craigslist but I'm open to offers and trades up or down.
9282662906 Text or leave voicemail

What pictures?

Get notified of new replies

To 1980 with upgraded handling and brakes

Quick Reply: FS: 1980 with upgraded handling and brakes