Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1969 corvette at gateway , Fort Lauderdale

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:53 PM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 85 Posts

Default 1969 corvette at gateway , Fort Lauderdale

Hello ,

Does any have any background on the 1969 black / black 1969 small coupe for sale at gateway classics ' Fort Lauderdale ?

I a man interested I never the car and appreciate any info anyone may have on this car .

Thanks
Old 07-21-2017, 06:05 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

If it's the one that has a selling price of 36995 and has the trim tag that I added to this post then STAY AWAY FROM IT! The trim tag is a fake. 69s did not have STD for the "trim" code after the first month of production. They went to code ZQ4. Also, there are other indicators that this trim tag was made by the company in IL. Even with a real trim tag for black paint the car is about $10k too high.

Then again if money is not a big deal and you don't mind having a fake trim tag then I guess its an OK car.....

Old 07-21-2017, 07:34 PM
mchar
Race Director

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

There is a supposedly 'Triple Black' in the showroom on Wisconsin Ave. south of Friendship Heights. It has black sidepipes and looks good - from 50 feet. '68 or '69. Do not know the name of the Dealer. I have to go over that way soon, I highly doubt it's real, but I can take pics of the trim tag and stamp, etc. Just let me know.
I'm guessing the OP wants Black?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:31 AM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Ed 427 , thanks for the heads up on the trim tag . i havent seen the car yet but will today and yes no way its worth more then 30k and thats only if they have real documentation . All their asking prices are out of line but you can ask anything .

Mchar , I wouldnt be interested in the other triple black but thank you very much for the offer to check it out . only interested in this one because its just a few miles from my house and may scratch a classic car itch i have right now .

thanks again guys
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 AM
hardhattg
ZR1TG
Support Corvetteforum!

Update : wenT to dealership to check car out in person And it was gone. They couldn't confirm if sold or taken back by owner . I suspect they would have known if sold . Will probably see it privately advertised .
The following users liked this post:
dan1495 (08-13-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by hardhattg
Update : wenT to dealership to check car out in person And it was gone. They couldn't confirm if sold or taken back by owner . I suspect they would have known if sold . Will probably see it privately advertised .
Well, isn't this interesting.

Its still listed by Gateway on eBay right now. Auction number 162439085653

So basically they are selling cars they don't have in the showroom.

Meanwhile they have an ebay feedback rating of 77.4 percent yet still have a "top rated" seller status??? eBay is totally cracked out. How can you have a 77% rating and be top rated?

I hope you find another and much better, less expensive 69 near you.
They're out there.
The following users liked this post:
kstine98 (07-27-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Hit That!
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's the same one listed for about 6 months, I spoke with the owner before he tried to have the dealer sell it. I checked the tag - vin etc., and found out that he bought it as a WHITE car. When I confronted the owner - he admitted he had it "retagged."

Then I saw the car at Gateway in Lauderdale- when looking at another car that they sold without telling me when and was waiting for more info etc., and I told them - and they confirmed that this was the same car with a fake plate.

I got the photos and research somewhere if someone needs it.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:25 PM
kingeak
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm glad there are folks on the CF who know this type of information. I viewed the car this evening and it "looks" great on the site.

Thanks for all the "detectives" out there and keep on posting!

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 corvette at gateway , Fort Lauderdale

Quick Reply: WTB: 1969 corvette at gateway , Fort Lauderdale