Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1978/1982 Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 03:21 AM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978/1982 Project

I'm looking to buy a project C3 Corvette, one that has a solid birdcage. I'm looking for one that is between 1978/1982.

Needs to have a clean title.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Norcoastal
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueVelvetStingray
I'm looking to buy a project C3 Corvette, one that has a solid birdcage. I'm looking for one that is between 1978/1982.

How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?

And how much of a project are you looking for. A complete project? Just cosmetics?

That will help with people telling you what they have.

Last edited by Norcoastal; 09-02-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:19 PM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

Originally Posted by Norcoastal
How much are you looking to spend and where are you located?

And how much of a project are you looking for. A complete project? Just cosmetics?

That will help with people telling you what they have.
I'm located in Winchester, Ky. I don't mind a complete project or a Vette that runs, but needs a lot of work.

I'm wanting to make a Restomod, I really would like something that had a good body and birdcage.

The Restomod I'm wanting to make, will already require a custom Frame/Chassis from someone like SRIII, so if the Frame isn't the greatest I'm okay with it.

If I can drive it while it's getting upgraded that would be a plus. I'm looking to get something on the cheaper side, although I would have to have a good/clean title.

As Kentucky doesn't allow bonded titles. Plus it can be a big headache anyways. Lol
Old 09-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm not sure what a bonded title means. Mine has a salvage title but no issues registering or insuring it whatsoever. Could be a good driver with just a little work.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:04 PM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
I'm not sure what a bonded title means. Mine has a salvage title but no issues registering or insuring it whatsoever. Could be a good driver with just a little work.

A bonded title is also known as a "Certificate of Title Surety", is a document that proves a person's ownership of a motor vehicle.

It's basically a standard title in most respects, just with one difference.

Let's say I bought a car off of person A for 5,000 dollars, but the person didn't have a title for it. You would have to get a "bonded title" which can last for 3 years, until full ownership rights are by law given to you and you get a standard title.

Well, in Kentucky they will not allow you to go through that process. It's required to have a title before purchasing the said car. That's what I meant by a bonded title.

While the local DMV will try and help you located the last person who might have had the title, if it can't be located you just bought a car that can never be legally driven on the road in Kentucky.

Last edited by BlueVelvetStingray; 09-04-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Thanks, learned something today. In that case though, the offer stands. 78, salvage title, paint is good, a few chips in fiberglass. Roller 383, side pipes, new carpet, seats in good condition. New drive shaft, rebuilt suspension, fuel system brakes, and trans (th350). Car has a coolant leak and prone to overheating, no heat or ac (not installed), no radio installed. Dash is cracked. I'm probably missing details, but that's a start. Let me know if interested, it's a rebuilt title, so we are clear.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Vette-kid; 09-06-2017 at 10:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BlueVelvetStingray (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 06:05 AM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
Thanks, learned something today. In that case though, the offer stands. 78, salvage title, paint is good, a few chips in fiberglass. Roller 383, side pipes, new carpet, seats in good condition. New drive shaft, rebuilt suspension, fuel system brakes, and trans (th350). Car has a coolant leak and prone to overheating, no heat or ac (not installed), no radio installed. Dash is cracked. I'm probably missing details, but that's a start. Let me know if interested, it's a rebuilt title, so we are clear.
Yeah, I'd be interested in it. What kind of price range would you be looking at for your car?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

$7500?
Old 09-10-2017, 08:33 PM
KingRat
Drifting

Received 867 Likes on 420 Posts

Default 81

81. Engine does not run. Great body. Birdcage is solid. Frame is solid. $3,500. if interested email ratnests@yahoo.com
Attached Images     
Old 09-11-2017, 04:48 PM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

Originally Posted by KingRat
81. Engine does not run. Great body. Birdcage is solid. Frame is solid. $3,500. if interested email ratnests@yahoo.com
Yeah, I'm interested in your Corvette! How far are you from Winchester, KY? Anymore pictures you have and could send would be appreciated. What's the Vin Number/trim and paint numbers on it.

1981 was the first year Corvettes were ever produced in two factories at one time. The new Bowling Green, Kentucky plant produced its first Corvette on June 1, 1981 while the St. Louis plant was producing its last Corvettes.

I think it'd be sweet to be a owner of the first Bowling Green Vette. These late model C3 Vettes get unjustifiably dogged, they produced 207,210 of these from 1978-1982.

The last five "full" years of the C6 produced 67,859. The 1978 SA Corvette which produced 53,807 almost had as many Corvettes as the last five "full" years of the C6 combined!

I don't mean to sound critical of the C6 either, they were awesome cars. However, if your a GM executive you can only dream of having these numbers. Also is the 1963 Grand Sport Corvette one of the, if not the most valuable Corvette's because it was just "extra cool" or because only five were made.

Don't get me wrong these Cobra-skinners boasted as much as 550-600 horses from an aluminum 377ci SBC and weighed in at 1,800 pounds or so (about a half-ton lighter than a stock Stingray coupe), thanks to thinner fiberglass body panels, handcrafted aluminum components, and a super-light tubular frame. But rarity, along with demand is what drives up the price. One day these late model C3 Corvettes will raise in price.

Even though now they go for a lot less than their chromed bumper brothers.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 AM
Staylor63
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 80 4 speed

6500 for mine.
steve
Old 09-17-2017, 08:37 AM
73corvette4x4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 1980 corvette cp,red,oyster interior,glass t-tops,factory aluminum wheels,dash pad is cracked,seats are good.bumpers are good.runs and drives.located in new albany,pa 18833 asking $6000 good pa title
Old 10-08-2017, 03:32 PM
BlueVelvetStingray
Cruising

I just want to let everyone know that I have bought my project car. Thanks for all the offers, I greatly appreciate all of them.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:36 AM
Apeman208
Heel & Toe

Default Clean title

Due to extreme circumstances I have to sell my 1978 25th anniversary 4sd L82 T-top that my father left me after he passed. It hasn't been driven in a couple years, sprayed some started fluid and it fired right up. Interior is crap, but the body is all original, all emblems and lights, etc. I have multiple pics on profile, asking 6500.

Get notified of new replies

To 1978/1982 Project

Quick Reply: WTB: 1978/1982 Project