Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 68-72 Auto Coupe NOM

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 10:02 PM
ChairmanMeow
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 68-72 Auto Coupe NOM

Ready for a new fun car and am cross shopping c3's with lotus elises and c5's. I am only interested in finished cars.

+Pluses+
+Overdrive Auto (I would like the wife to drive the car if she wants)
+NOM
+Any color except yellow
+Must be coupe
+Must have Solid birdcage/mounts etc with photos upon request
+Working electronics/headlights
+Side pipes are always appreciated
+Good weatherstripping and trim seals to keep the Florida rain on the outside

Willing to travel for the right car
I am setting my budget at $40k

Last edited by ChairmanMeow; 10-27-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Added criteria
Old 10-13-2017, 01:59 PM
ChairmanMeow
Advanced

Still looking
Old 10-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi CM,
It seems to me that you and hammadown should be able to figure something out if you're both serious!
Regards,
Alan

Last edited by Alan 71; 10-15-2017 at 09:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ChairmanMeow (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 10:09 AM
ChairmanMeow
Advanced

Hey Alan,

I have been looking at his car and going through his photobucket. There is no doubt that he has put the hard work in. I actually asked a couple questions on his car this morning. Only thing that has me a little reserved is that I am looking for something with more than OEM SB numbers. If I would need to do motor, a higher level of OD tranny, EFI etc it is nice knowing that I have a solid starting point in the car, but do I really want a $55K+ c3. I have been down the rabbit hole of performance modding and have since tried to stick with already built cars.

I tend to keep a car for a couple years and then move on to something else on my car to own list. The elise and C3 are both on it. I know that an elise would be a car that I would only keep for a year or two. I keep telling myself that maybe I would keep a C3 for longer.

Thank you though for pointing out his car, it really does look nice
Old 10-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi CM,
I understand your point.

My thought is that you'll likely be able to find a 68-82 car for $40,000 with more horsepower, but it will be difficult to find one with the horsepower AND as well done as h's car.
I think you take a step up in price when you look for both in the same car.

Since you have the experience you know first hand how going fast and looking terrific can eat money!
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan
Old 10-15-2017, 03:20 PM
mojavegold
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, I'm going to shoot myself in the foot and give you this little gem. I have been looking at this car for over a year now, but it's in Texas... Only drawback from your list is the OD manual trans, but for this price you can afford to swap it out for a 700R4 and still have 14K left in the bank.
Barry
https://www.streetsideclassics.com/v...rolet-corvette
The following users liked this post:
ChairmanMeow (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 06:41 PM
ChairmanMeow
Advanced

Alan,
I think that you may be spot on with your assessment of my price range. Perhaps I am wanting both my cake and to eat it. I looked for a c3 some years back and was disappointed in what my lower price range had to offer and I ended up with a c5z. I was hoping that coming back to the market with deeper pockets would do the trick, but perhaps they are not deep enough.

Mojave,
Thank you for pointing out that car as it is one that I most likely would never have seen. I love the swap and the TPI. Unfortunately I am really sticking to my guns on the 68-72 bit. For me the chrome bumper c3's are one of the most beautiful cars ever made and if I didn't buy what I wanted then I would always regret it. I once bought a 02 Z28 when I really wanted a WS6, many wasted mods and $$$'s later I ended up with the WS6. Early life lesson taught me to buy what you want the first time.

In order of beauty to me
2nd gen Viper GTS
68-72 Chrome bumper with L88 hood and side pipes
Lotus Exige

Last edited by ChairmanMeow; 10-15-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

If you like RED...this ones got it in spades. Real nice car....and the price leaves plenty room to swap in your favorite tranny. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pw-ps-pb.html
Old 10-16-2017, 09:08 PM
mojavegold
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Roger that, by all means get what you want, regret sucks... I have been on the bubble with the car in Texas. It has a 5 speed manual and I'm in the market for an OD automatic (bad knee). I could convert it, but I'm not big on spare time these days. Reason 2, it's out of state and that just adds another layer of PITA to the deal. I won't buy a car without putting it on the rack for a good inspection and also a test drive. Plus it's on consignment, I prefer to buy from a private owner and a forum member. Good luck in your search, the right car will come along. I tend to see some of the nicer cars for sale at car shows and automotive swap meets.
Barry

Get notified of new replies

To 68-72 Auto Coupe NOM

Quick Reply: WTB: 68-72 Auto Coupe NOM