Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1977 T-Top 4-Spd Corvette $10,000 (TN/AL)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 T-Top 4-Spd Corvette $10,000 (TN/AL) - matching numbers block/VIN

I'm new to the forum but a friend suggested this might be the right place to find a buyer for my 1977 Corvette. I'm asking $10,000 or best reasonable offer.
The odometer is accurate for the vehicle (fewer than 50K). The engine was modified and includes the following: Edelbrock Performer RPM Quadrajet kit, roller rockers, aluminum heads, and Hooker headers. The master cylinder and alternator were recently replaced. It has a 4-speed transmission, working power windows and factory air. I have the original AM/FM cassette radio (needs work) but installed replacement can connect to a phone or mp3 device. The seats and dash are in good condition with no cracks or tears. The door panels have minor wear and the carpet has seen better days. There is some minor fiberglass damage near the front driver side wheel well and it has some fine scratches on the body but no other damage to the car.

I purchased this car from the original owner and have most of the original paperwork.

Contact me through PM or email (ceejayfarms@gmail.com) if you'd like additional information.

Pop-up lights

Odometer is accurate for the car but the engine was rebuilt at around 43K miles

This is the minor fiberglass damage.

Last edited by CJinTN; 04-09-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: re-sized pics / additional title info
Old 03-29-2018, 04:49 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

I had a ‘77, same colors in and out, L82, loved it. Pretty car.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:39 AM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

Is the 58 in the background a two or four door? Always wanted a two door 58 since watching "American Graffiti" when i was much younger.

thanks.. nice Vette
Old 03-30-2018, 08:06 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
I had a ‘77, same colors in and out, L82, loved it. Pretty car.

Good luck with the sale.
Thank you! I love this car, too, but it's time for it to go to a new home. I just don't drive it enough.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
Is the 58 in the background a two or four door? Always wanted a two door 58 since watching "American Graffiti" when i was much younger.

thanks.. nice Vette
The '58 is a four door. It's my son's car.

Thanks for the comment on my corvette!
Old 03-30-2018, 10:08 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

I wanted to add a little bit more information and a few more pictures. I was pretty certain that this had the Muncie four speed but all of the information online said that they'd switched over to the BorgWarner a few years earlier. I found the original window sticker (or it may just be the option sheet) and it came with a factory Muncie (M20). The paper is in pretty rough shape but you can still read everything it had from the factory. I'm also including a couple more pictures of the wear on the driver side door. Ask me anything about the car, I'd hate for someone to come see it without knowing all of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also, I mentioned in my original post that I bought the car from the original owner. I did but I'd forgotten that his uncle made the original purchase because my friend was still rather young and hadn't established credit yet. So, technically, I guess that makes me the third owner.

Last edited by CJinTN; 03-30-2018 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2018, 10:11 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Oh, and one more thing. I did confirm that there are matching numbers for block/VIN.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 AM
Kie
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

I am new to the Corvette world and went through the same trans ID issue as you did for my 1975 M20 option car. For what it is worth I believe your car would have come with a B/W super T10.

The "M20" option code merely means its the wide ratio 4-speed and not the close ratio M21. It does not necessarily mean it is a Muncie. According to everything I've read, an M20 or M21 C3 Corvette from model year 1974 onwards would have a B/W trans.

Seems like a lot of car for $10k !
The following users liked this post:
CJinTN (04-09-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 05:58 AM
Wee
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 237 Posts

Do you have any undercarriage photos....? Hows the birdcage, any rust....?

I have a good friend looking for a C3 and I'll pass this post along.

Brian
Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Kie
I am new to the Corvette world and went through the same trans ID issue as you did for my 1975 M20 option car. For what it is worth I believe your car would have come with a B/W super T10.

The "M20" option code merely means its the wide ratio 4-speed and not the close ratio M21. It does not necessarily mean it is a Muncie. According to everything I've read, an M20 or M21 C3 Corvette from model year 1974 onwards would have a B/W trans.

Seems like a lot of car for $10k !
You are right. After I read your post, we actually looked at the bolt pattern on the transmission and it is a BorgWarner. I'm not sure how I got it in my head that it was a Muncie.

It is a lot of car for $10K but I just bought a farm. This car isn't much for hauling hay and driving it five miles down a dirt road to get to my new digs isn't going to do it any favors. I'm keeping it at my son's place until I can find it a new home. In fact, the farm thing is why I took such a long time to respond. Sorry about that. Internet service is spotty out in the boonies.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:09 PM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Wee
Do you have any undercarriage photos....? Hows the birdcage, any rust....?

I have a good friend looking for a C3 and I'll pass this post along.

Brian
I'm adding a few pictures of the undercarriage. I'll try to get some better ones later this week.

Last edited by CJinTN; 04-09-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Trying to reduce the monster pictures!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:27 PM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

I've been trying to think of everything a prospective buyer might be interested in or need to know about this car. There are a few things that came to mind.

- The car has only been driven a handful of times in the past three years.
- The brakes work but not as well as they should. The master cylinder is new and the booster works fine. The pads are half-worn and may be a bit glazed. There's a bit of surface rust on the rotors.
- The T-tops don't leak but the weather stripping around the windows is original so I wouldn't take it through any car washes.
- If I'm not going to drive it for a few days, I disconnect the battery. It will hold a charge for a while but something is causing a drain on the battery.
- I have the original tie-down straps for the T-tops.

As I said in a post above, I'm going to tell you the good, the bad, and the ugly. If I know it, you're going to know it. I don't want for anyone to waste their time or have any unpleasant surprises. You know, karma and all that.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:10 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Very nice representation of the car. There were only about 6,000 L-82's made out of the 49,000+ cars built that year. Combine that with the low volume of four speeds at only 2,060 and you have, in my opinion, a desirable version of the 77 sitting in your possession. AND you have paperwork documentation and the car has only 49,000 miles on it. Wow, this is a very nice car.

I didn't notice the U60 Air Conditioning on your paperwork but I might just have missed it. Note also that you have the UM2 stereo radio with eight track which again is a fun one to have for an option.

Depending upon the frame and birdcage condition I would think you should have no trouble finding a buyer if you are patient. The market, in my opinion, has shifted to a buyers market and the market for these cars is flooded right now.

I like the combo you have, you have the right options on it, and you are being open and forthright on its condition. You probably will have to wait a while for the right buyer or consider your asking price if you want to move it sooner.

I've owned four 77's and yours is the combination I could never quite find available when I was looking. I have a four speed one now but not the L-82 engine. You have a winner there.

Good luck with your sale.

David Howard

Last edited by AllC34Me; 04-10-2018 at 07:23 AM.
CJinTN (04-10-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:42 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
...I didn't notice the U60 Air Conditioning on your paperwork...
C60 is factory air. Part of the left side of the build sheet is missing.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 04-11-2018 at 01:42 PM.
CJinTN (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 09:28 AM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

Note also that you have the UM2 stereo radio with eight track which again is a fun one to have for an option.
The guy I bought it from must have changed that out. The stereo that was in it when I bought it was AM/FM cassette (I still have that) but it stopped working so I replaced it with a replica style from Full Throttle. It looks like the old school AC Delco but has a cable that lets you connect your phone or MP3.

Depending upon the frame and birdcage condition I would think you should have no trouble finding a buyer if you are patient. The market, in my opinion, has shifted to a buyers market and the market for these cars is flooded right now.
The frame is good. It's been mostly garage kept and was never wrecked. I'm not sure about the birdcage as I've not disassembled it that far.

Hope you're right about finding a buyer. I have a guy coming to see it tonight. Wish me luck!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:12 PM
CJinTN
Heel & Toe

I just wanted to pop back in and thank everyone for the comments and suggestions about my Derrick's car. I'd put it in the front yard with a sign in the window and a guy who drives by here every day on his way to work saw it. He'd seen it when I had it out there a couple of months ago and figured it had sold. When he saw it back out there, he wasn't going to let it slip away. I came down slightly on the price and we made the deal. He's happy, I'm happy and my corvette is going to a good home.

Thanks again for everything!

This one is SOLD!

Get notified of new replies

To 1977 T-Top 4-Spd Corvette $10,000 (TN/AL)

Quick Reply: FS: 1977 T-Top 4-Spd Corvette $10,000 (TN/AL)