Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: '68 - '72 C3 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts
Default '68 - '72 C3 Convertible

Helping a buddy search for a C3 convertible, any leads would be appreciated.

Looking for one with nice paint [not red, blue or yellow] and some options would be ideal [PS, PB, AC]

Not looking for a show car, but a reasonably priced nice driver. Thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Factor
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

a price range helps...
Old 04-16-2018, 11:24 AM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by Factor
a price range helps...
$20-30K? Thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 01:59 PM
68Vert327
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello i own a 1968 corvette convertible. ps and pb no ac. 327/350 original motor rebuilt once. car is painted ontario orange was originally blue. it has a doug nash 5 speed with hurst shifter. great driver car. i would sell for mid to low 20k's. i have owned for around 10 yrs. i live in south carolina and i can send pics via smart phone. thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by 68Vert327
hello i own a 1968 corvette convertible. ps and pb no ac. 327/350 original motor rebuilt once. car is painted ontario orange was originally blue. it has a doug nash 5 speed with hurst shifter. great driver car. i would sell for mid to low 20k's. i have owned for around 10 yrs. i live in south carolina and i can send pics via smart phone. thanks
Hey....thanks for posting, I'll send you a PM with my number...
Old 05-29-2018, 06:16 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Still looking for an AC car. Any leads are appreciated.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by Stev-o
Still looking for an AC car. Any leads are appreciated.

No one??
Old 08-13-2018, 12:05 PM
Sundance_Actual
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont have a 68-72, But I have a 74 all original numbers matching convert. White original paint is in decent shape not show shape, with a few cracking spots and one chip towards the rear, and the usual nose chips from driving. Its automatic with 35k miles on it. Red interior with PS, PB, AC. Only thing ever done to it is a tune up, new plugs wires and distributor cap.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:15 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

If it wasn't for the AC requirement, I'd have a great one for you. If you're looking for more replies, some specifics would help get people attuned to your wants. Auto, manual or either? Is numbers matching a must or a plus? Small block, big block, or not important? Coupe or convertible? We need to have a feel for what the buyer's wants are.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by E.Murray
If it wasn't for the AC requirement, I'd have a great one for you. If you're looking for more replies, some specifics would help get people attuned to your wants. Auto, manual or either? Is numbers matching a must or a plus? Small block, big block, or not important? Coupe or convertible? We need to have a feel for what the buyer's wants are.
Hi...he is looking for a convertible [was listed in the heading] '68-72, doesnt care about matching numbers, auto or manual trans, small or big block and NOT Red, White or Blue.
He may be open to a non-factory AC car if it is the right deal, AC could always be added [for $2500] Whats ya got?! Thanks
Old 08-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by Sundance_Actual
Dont have a 68-72, But I have a 74 all original numbers matching convert. White original paint is in decent shape not show shape, with a few cracking spots and one chip towards the rear, and the usual nose chips from driving. Its automatic with 35k miles on it. Red interior with PS, PB, AC. Only thing ever done to it is a tune up, new plugs wires and distributor cap.

Thanks but he really wants a chrome bumpered C3.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:29 PM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Stev-o
Hi...he is looking for a convertible [was listed in the heading] '68-72, doesnt care about matching numbers, auto or manual trans, small or big block and NOT Red, White or Blue.
He may be open to a non-factory AC car if it is the right deal, AC could always be added [for $2500] Whats ya got?! Thanks
Not sure if it's something he'd be interested in or not. It's a '68 small block auto with PS and PB. I've spent the last 3 years completely re-doing it. Paint and chrome are gorgeous (top quality base/clear in the original British Green, no overseas chrome). Good interior with a great stereo. It might not work since I'm going to need near the top of the price range (going to look for 27k) and then you'd have to add AC. As far as all the stuff I've done, I can send the details if he's interested. But front suspension, all steering and most systems on the car are 100% redone. No rust whatsoever. Here are some pictures I took last weekend.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Originally Posted by E.Murray
Not sure if it's something he'd be interested in or not. It's a '68 small block auto with PS and PB. I've spent the last 3 years completely re-doing it. Paint and chrome are gorgeous (top quality base/clear in the original British Green, no overseas chrome). Good interior with a great stereo. It might not work since I'm going to need near the top of the price range (going to look for 27k) and then you'd have to add AC. As far as all the stuff I've done, I can send the details if he's interested. But front suspension, all steering and most systems on the car are 100% redone. No rust whatsoever. Here are some pictures I took last weekend.

That is gorgeous!! He will like it but as you said, adding AC may push it above his budget price. Plus we would need to ship to Texas.
He's traveling home tonight but I'll send him the pics in the morning.

Thanks for posting.

Get notified of new replies

To '68 - '72 C3 Convertible

Quick Reply: WTB: '68 - '72 C3 Convertible