Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1979 C3 Corvette Coupe L48 Gymkana Suspension Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 02:39 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Default 1979 C3 Corvette Coupe L48 Gymkana Suspension Daily Driver

SOLD 6/5/18

Up for sale is my beautiful 1979 C3 Corvette Coupe. This car is 100% a daily driver, needing just little things in order to make a perfect car. I have divided up the car into sections, so that you will know everything about the car that I do.

Engine/Trans: This Corvette comes with its original numbers matching L-48 engine. The engine block and heads are original, but the carb, intake, air cleaner, and valve covers have been changed to aftermarket ones. The engine starts up great every time, with no smoke or hesitation. It does not overheat but stays cool. The timing has been verified and was given a tune up and oil change. I believe the transmission has been rebuilt sometime in the past, as it shifts very well, smooth and crisp. I don't have any paper work to back that up with. The fan clutch, and accessory belts have all been replaced. The exhaust manifolds have been replaced with headers, and the factory 2-1-2 exhaust with the restrictive cat has been upgraded with a true dual 2.5 inch system with brand new mufflers.

Interior: The interior of this car is one of my favorite parts of the car. The seat cushions, door panels, dash board and all other plastic trim pieces are ORIGINAL from 1979. They have never been restored, dyed or replaced, just cleaned up with soap and water. The carpet was not savable BUT has been replaced with the correct cut pile carpet that came in the car. The rear storage area has been rebuilt and functions like it should. All the gauges inside the car work, including the speedometer, tachometer, water temp, volts, fuel gauge, and the oil pressure gauges. The clock does not operate. A modern radio has been added, with functioning speakers in both the front and back of the car. The power windows AND the power locks both operate well. The tilt/telescope function of the column, horn, turn signals, brights and hazards all work correctly.

Exterior: This vette has been painted in an awesome dark gunmetal grey color. The original color on this car was silver with the oyster color interior. The paint shines up very well, I would consider it a 7 out of 8. It looks awesome from 5 feet away but once you get closer you will notice it is a very nice but driver quality paint job. It does have its nicks and scratches in it but looks awesome going down the road. Whoever painted the car forgot to add the flex agent in the paint, resulting in the front and rear bumpers needing a quick re paint. I believe if you got that taken care of the car would look even better. The rear tail light lenses are brand new, with all the brake lights, signals, and reverse lights working like they should. The headlights in the front pop up and go down like brand new. All of the glass, windshield, side windows and the back glass are in great shape.

Suspension/Chassis: The frame on this car is rust free and straight. The best part about this particular '79 Vette is that it is optioned with the Gymkana suspension package. Basically it was a handling package offered for that year, giving you a stiffer suspension for cornering, a thicker front sway bar, and the addition of a rear sway bar, which previously to 1975 only the big block cars were optioned with. The car rides and stops straight. The master cylinder, all brake pads and a few calipers/rotors have been replaced in the past by a previous owner. The tires on this car are all four brand new and have been mounted and balanced professionally. The floors, frame, and birdcage are basically brand new without ever being rusty. The power steering works as it should.

This Corvette has a clean blue Texas title in my name. If you are seriously interested in this car, I have made four YouTube videos that show all the work that I have done to the car in order to get it in the shape that it is today. Pleas search "1979 C3 Corvette Coupe Daily Driver Status Video 1" on YouTube. Remember there are four videos to watch, documenting everything, so please watch them all. You can also search "TheCorvetteBen" on YouTube and find them that way as well. I am asking $9500 obo for this car. Offers will be considered, but please be realistic and respectful. Not really interested in trades at this time, unless it is another classic with money on your side.

Last edited by chstitans42; 06-06-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:59 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 04-25-2018, 02:17 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Price Lowered
Old 04-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

Good looking car. I have a 80, really like it. It's diff than the 67 I had, the 80 is way diff than the 17 I also have. Just some thing about the C-3's. Yours is great, like the color, best for your sale.
The following users liked this post:
chstitans42 (04-29-2018)
Old 04-29-2018, 09:44 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Thunder80
Good looking car. I have a 80, really like it. It's diff than the 67 I had, the 80 is way diff than the 17 I also have. Just some thing about the C-3's. Yours is great, like the color, best for your sale.
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:21 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt price reduced
Old 05-21-2018, 10:15 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 05-23-2018, 03:03 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt price reduced.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:54 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt
Old 06-04-2018, 08:40 PM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Sold 6/5/18

Last edited by chstitans42; 06-06-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1979 C3 Corvette Coupe L48 Gymkana Suspension Daily Driver

Quick Reply: FS: 1979 C3 Corvette Coupe L48 Gymkana Suspension Daily Driver