Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1982 Collector Edition 71k Miles NJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:57 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1982 Collector Edition 71k Miles NJ

For Sale is my 1982 Corvette Collector Edition with 71,1xx miles. I am the second owner. The car was sold new to the first owner in Memphis, TN, a mature executive with Cummins Diesel, who sold the car to me with about 35k miles in 1985. I brought the car to NJ in 1987. This was may daily driver in Memphis, but I lived only a few miles from work there. In NJ, I took mass transit to work and only drove the car locally or for a trip. My job changed locations from Manhattan to Long Island in 1993 and then to central NJ, but I obtained other cars for commuting, so I used the 'Vette for occasional cruising and local travel. I am selling this car because I need to reduce the number of vehicles I have, which has been a goal in retirement, as well as to retain marital harmony. (I promised my wife she would get her garage space back.) I previously advertised the car on this forum, but in editing the ad it seemed to disappear, so I am issuing a new one with an updated price to reflect the recent service. I was asking $14,500 in the previous ad, but am now asking $15,950. This will of course not nearly cover what I recently spent, but I want the next owner to have no running issues and I do not expect to recover my service costs.

The car is all stock and original, and has never been hit or in an accident. It has bronze T-Tops (with locks) and it does not have the CB option, just the AM/FM/Cassette. I have had a good deal of service performed recently on this car by Corvette Paramedics in central NJ. It had new tires and brakes in 2017. The engine runs well, uses little to no oil, and does not smoke. A tune-up including spark plugs and wires was done, as well as an oil and filter change. The belts and hoses were changed as needed. The transmission shifts normally. In the last couple of months, the A/C system was rebuilt (R12), and blows cold air. The rear shocks were replaced with Delco units, and the car now rides much more smoothly. A front end alignment was performed. The throttle bodies were adjusted (CP has the tool needed for this job) as the engine pulled against the brakes when stopped, and that problem was rectified. The battery is new. The rear hatch was adjusted, and new struts were installed. All lights and gauges work. The windshield wipers work normally, and the blades were replaced. The radio and antenna work, but the radio's clock has a missing segment. When the antenna was replaced, it actually displayed correctly briefly. The car was outside for part of its life, but has been garaged from 1982-87, and from 2007 to the present. When it was outside, it was on my driveway pavement and covered. I gauge the car as a solid 7 out of 10, both interior and exterior. My wife, unprompted, gave it an 8 out of 10. The clear coat is of course worn, but the paint is very good. Interior mats were recently replaced. The only issues are 1.) exterior: the hood decal is cracked (the side decals are fine), and 2.) interior: there are some thin spots on the passenger seat leather. The car was detailed last year. I have both original keys and the owner's manual.

I am asking $15,950, but am open to reasonable offers and will negotiate with a serious buyer. I rejected a low-ball offer of $12k as winter 2017-18 started, and the shop that worked on the car estimated CE values in the $15-18k range, especially with Spring now here. My asking price is on the low end of this range. The car runs well and looks very good. The car is in east-central NJ. Please contact me via this thread, or PM, or by e-mail at s4caster@gmail.com and I can also provide my phone number if anyone wants to chat. Thanks for looking and thanks for your interest.
Attached Images           
Old 05-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Nice CE. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:41 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Thanks, Easy Mike, I appreciate the kind sentiments!
Old 05-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

Very nice and plus I love those rims!
Old 05-06-2018, 01:21 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Yes, Plasticfreak, I agree that the wheels look good. They were a redo of the midyear bolt-on finned look, and they were well-received when they came out. They are still a nice design today. Thanks for your comments!
Old 07-02-2018, 04:01 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Bumping my ad to the top.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:01 AM
Derek Ottman
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vin?
Old 07-11-2018, 04:57 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

^^^^^^ PM sent.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:49 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Weekend bump. This is a nice-driving and good-looking '82 CE Vette. Even the AC works!
Old 09-11-2018, 05:55 PM
vette4caster
Heel & Toe

Post-summer bump. Folks, please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. I'd like this car to go to a Corvette guy or gal. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 1982 Collector Edition 71k Miles NJ

Quick Reply: FS: 1982 Collector Edition 71k Miles NJ