WTT (Want To Trade) 2001 Corvette Convertible for 69-72 Corvette Convertible - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3s for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

WTT: 2001 Corvette Convertible for 69-72 Corvette Convertible

Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTT: 2001 Corvette Convertible for 69-72 Corvette Convertible

Old 08-01-2018, 09:08 AM
  #1  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default 2001 Corvette Convertible for 69-72 Corvette Convertible

I'd like to trade my navy blue metallic 2001 convertible with 60,000 miles for a 1969-1972 convertible (preferably silver or blue) with cash going either way.

A complete description and many more photos are in the C5 for sale forum. Thank you.





Stroh is offline  
Old 08-01-2018, 10:55 AM
  #2  
blue67ragtop
CF Senior Member
 
blue67ragtop's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 964
Thanked 101 Times in 95 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
Default

I think you need to include what you think your car's value is.
blue67ragtop is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to blue67ragtop For This Useful Post:
Stroh (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 02:07 PM
  #3  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blue67ragtop View Post
I think you need to include what you think your car's value is.
Quite right.

I have it listed at $18,500 on the C5 forum post and on craigslist. Forum member discount: $18,000
Stroh is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Stroh For This Useful Post:
Vettebuyer6369 (08-10-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 AM
  #4  
Jakecity
CF Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 71
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Potential trade .....

Originally Posted by Stroh View Post
Quite right.

I have it listed at $18,500 on the C5 forum post and on craigslist. Forum member discount: $18,000

Nice car you have for sale/trade. I have two '68 roadsters (I know you mentioned '69 and newer, but the '68's have very few differences from a '69....in fact, one of my '68's is an August '68 production vehicle, so issues that were common complaints in '68 were corrected by that point in production, such as location of seat lock levers and inner door "pull" handles. It also has the upgraded frame rear support struts. I've included one pic and can provide additional pics and details if you're interested. A few details on the cars are included below:

(1)Red numbers-matching rebuilt 427-435 hp / 4 speed / 4:11 rear end. Originally British Racing Green.....stripped to glass and painted red over ten years ago, with COPO saddle interior. Soft and hard tops. Originally a Southeast car. Valued at $55,000
(2) Blue on blue numbers-matching rebuilt 427-400 hp / automatic/ power windows / power brakes / power steering / telescopic steering column / rear deck luggage rack / soft top only. California car. Valued at $45,000

Thanks and good luck.

Jack
Concord, Ca


Last edited by Jakecity; 08-03-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Jakecity is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakecity For This Useful Post:
Stroh (08-03-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:35 PM
  #5  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jakecity View Post
Nice car you have for sale/trade. I have two '68 roadsters (I know you mentioned '69 and newer, but the '68's have very few differences from a '69....in fact, one of my '68's is an August '68 production vehicle, so issues that were common complaints in '68 were corrected by that point in production, such as location of seat lock levers and inner door "pull" handles. It also has the upgraded frame rear support struts. I've included one pic and can provide additional pics and details if you're interested. A few details on the cars are included below:

(1)Red numbers-matching rebuilt 427-435 hp / 4 speed / 4:11 rear end. Originally British Racing Green.....stripped to glass and painted red over ten years ago, with COPO saddle interior. Soft and hard tops. Originally a Southeast car. Valued at $55,000
(2) Blue on blue numbers-matching rebuilt 427-400 hp / automatic/ power windows / power brakes / power steering / telescopic steering column / rear deck luggage rack / soft top only. California car. Valued at $45,000

Thanks and good luck.

Jack
Concord, Ca

Beautiful cars, but I think they're a bit out of my price range. What would you want in cash on top of my 01 for the blue convertible?
Stroh is offline  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:37 PM
  #6  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stroh View Post
Beautiful cars, but I think they're a bit out of my price range. What would you want in cash on top of my 01 for the blue convertible?
I'll be at the Corvettes America car show in Clarkston, MI. Saturday August 11, if anyone in the area wants to take a look at the car.
Stroh is offline  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:12 AM
  #7  
Jakecity
CF Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 71
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stroh View Post
Beautiful cars, but I think they're a bit out of my price range. What would you want in cash on top of my 01 for the blue convertible?
Thanks for the response to my inquiry. I would want the difference in values of our cars.....no worries if it's not something that's in your price range....it was just a thought. Good luck!
Jakecity is offline  
Old 08-16-2018, 09:20 PM
  #8  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I was hoping for a c3 in the mid twenties... So I'd say that's a bit higher than I was looking for, but thank you.

On another note, I will be down cruising Woodward this Saturday if anyone would like to see the car there.
Stroh is offline  
Old 08-17-2018, 12:46 AM
  #9  
Jakecity
CF Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 71
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stroh View Post
I was hoping for a c3 in the mid twenties... So I'd say that's a bit higher than I was looking for, but thank you.

On another note, I will be down cruising Woodward this Saturday if anyone would like to see the car there.

No sweat....it was just a thought.....

Good luck!
Jakecity is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakecity For This Useful Post:
Stroh (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 09:00 AM
  #10  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jakecity View Post
No sweat....it was just a thought.....

Good luck!
Weekend bump.
Stroh is offline  
Old 10-15-2018, 01:14 PM
  #11  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

New Price $17,999. I had it lowered to 17K, but now she's tucked away in a bubble. I think I'll stick with the nearly 18k mark and hold out for spring. I can bring it out of the bag, if there is an interest in buying it.

Last edited by Stroh; 10-26-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Stroh is offline  
Old 10-26-2018, 01:23 PM
  #12  
Stroh
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Stroh's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2012
Location: Port Huron MI
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default






Stroh is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.