Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1970 - 1972 LT-1 Roadster 4 Speed

Old 05-12-2019, 03:38 PM
firstgenaddict
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis View Post
WOW!!!! But feeling good about my recent 70 LT1 vert buy.
BTW there's a nice yellow, 25K, unrestored, 70 LT1 for the mecum auction next sunday
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2267183.html
This appears to be a really nice original unmolested car... it doesn't look to have been fluffed or been polished on. I looked at a 30k mile daytona yellow 70 L46 roadster this weekend which was in remarkably similar condition.

IF This car has no rust issues and it sells for under 50k I will be very surprised

If anyone here buys it...
I would love to be the one to prep that car for bowtie or flight judging. -
The paint needs claybarring and then meguires number 7 a couple of times.
Then pick out the areas on the car which are scratched etc mark with a piece of masking tape... then hand polish the blemish to a 30 -50% reduction using swirl remover -
then go back over the car with either number 7 or meguires wax. --- reassess. -
FWIW when polishing original paint a 30-50% reduction in the appearance of each blemish will remarkably improve the overall appearance of the entire car.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:54 PM
dennis
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
This appears to be a really nice original unmolested car... it doesn't look to have been fluffed or been polished on. I looked at a 30k mile daytona yellow 70 L46 roadster this weekend which was in remarkably similar condition.

IF This car has no rust issues and it sells for under 50k I will be very surprised

If anyone here buys it...
I would love to be the one to prep that car for bowtie or flight judging. -
The paint needs claybarring and then meguires number 7 a couple of times.
Then pick out the areas on the car which are scratched etc mark with a piece of masking tape... then hand polish the blemish to a 30 -50% reduction using swirl remover -
then go back over the car with either number 7 or meguires wax. --- reassess. -
FWIW when polishing original paint a 30-50% reduction in the appearance of each blemish will remarkably improve the overall appearance of the entire car.

think it will blow by 50k
Old 05-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Midyrman
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Auction

My money for this week is on the yellow ‘70 LT-1 conv to break $75k bid at Mecum. And a much higher final bid price wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited by Midyrman; 05-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:35 PM
dennis
CF Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Midyrman View Post
My money for this week is on the yellow ‘70 LT-1 conv to break $75k bid at Mecum. And a much higher final bid price wouldn’t surprise me.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:17 PM
firstgenaddict
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Midyrman View Post

For some reason I don't think 75k would pry your Daytona Yellow LT1 Roadster from your hands...
Old 05-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Midyrman
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Love my Daytona Mouse That Roars!

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict View Post
For some reason I don't think 75k would pry your Daytona Yellow LT1 Roadster from your hands...
Probably wouldn’t. LOL. And thank you again for those who don’t know about your help in putting me together with the seller.

Can’t easily replace these ROAD ROCKETS, so I will likely always have one as long as I have Corvettes. 1983 and counting.....This one is my 4th, and 3rd ‘70 LT-1 Conv.
The following users liked this post:
firstgenaddict (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 10:47 PM
firstgenaddict
CF Senior Member

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-37...1-convertible/

The above car is a 71 Original paint 40k miles
IT MUST BE AN early car it has - it has 70 STYLE front grilles and 70 Style side vent eggcrates. without chrome vertical trim.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:44 PM
bearcatfan9
CF Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do appreciate this forum and all of the leads that have been sent. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet due to some sort of issue or the wrong color. I have checked them all out. Some have been auction cars and I won’t buy one of them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: 1970 - 1972 LT-1 Roadster 4 Speed

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.