Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1969 Black on black older restomod build

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 1969 Black on black older restomod build

Last edited by Sgt.Dozer; 09-25-2018 at 10:39 PM. Reason: i guess everything I wrote got deleted before the pics posted
Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 PM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

It looks like everything I wrote got deleted before the pics posted.... So here it is again... This is an older restomod build. It was built from 1993-1995 and converted to fuel injection (tuned port injection) which was the rage for hot rodders back then very much like today with the LS. Rock solid build and very dependable. I have never had an issue of any sort. I can hop in this car and drive cross country without fear of mechanical breakdown and get excellent fuel mileage to boot. It has been garage kept from before and since and never seen rain. The entire car, frame, and birdcage are rust free. It was converted to air conditioning during the build using factory corvette air components from 1969 and 1991 as the drivetrain was from a 1991 and to try and keep a stock look inside and out. The interior is just as nice as the outside is. I will try to get more pics weather and schedule permitting. The next couple of weeks is very busy for me as we have a major show to attend so be patient. The original big block was a fuel hog and never passed a gas station which is why the conversion began. It is factory black on black and originally a sidepipe car as well. It is optioned with power brakes, tilt-telescopic steering, power steering, power windows, side pipes, and has ac. It was appraised for $38,000 almost two years ago in which case I also got a loan against the car. Classic car loans are low interest but also have the option of longer durations which unfortunately I did and now have other financial obligations that take priority. Otherwise this car wouldn't be going anywhere. I am listing it here for $25,000.00 and on ebay with no reserve but starting at 25k. That is my payoff. The car needs nothing. My wife and I drive it at least one weekend out of the month weather permitting but on occasion, weather permitting I will drive it for weeks.

Last edited by Sgt.Dozer; 09-27-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:37 AM
clubracer23
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Location?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:47 AM
sbaba
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Transmission?
Old 09-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Originally Posted by clubracer23
Location?
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Old 09-26-2018, 02:31 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Originally Posted by sbaba
Transmission?
700r4
The following users liked this post:
sbaba (09-26-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 03:37 PM
bmackrell
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Engine Pics?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:45 PM
topcarbon
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 109 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Winner- Unmodified

thats a good looking Corvette.
Now i wish i had space as this looks like a great value
Sgt.Dozer (09-27-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 09:31 PM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmackrell
Engine Pics?
I may have some in my phone. I am away from home at the moment so when I get back I will try to load or send from my phone what I can find..
Old 09-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Originally Posted by bmackrell
Engine Pics?
I couldn't find any pics in my phone so I just went out in the garage and snapped a couple for you. I should have wiped the dust off first but I am really rushing this week. My garage gets dusty and the cars are usually under a car cover as well but I have slacked the last couple of months after having several funerals to attend. By the time I caught up they were already in need of detailing. Afterwards the covers go on to prevent scratches from dust and dirt exposer to the covers themselves. The drivetrain only has about 20-25,000 miles on it. It is a driver but not show chromed out. I was considering putting the 427 back in the car and fuel injecting it for shows but it would never get the same dependability.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:55 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

So you still have the original 427?

I had a ‘63 with a TPI built in the same time frame and yes, that was the rage. The car ran like a top and the TPI was cool looking too.

Looks like a fun car to go play with. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
So you still have the original 427?

I had a ‘63 with a TPI built in the same time frame and yes, that was the rage. The car ran like a top and the TPI was cool looking too.

Looks like a fun car to go play with. Good luck with the sale.
What I have is a correctly dated 4bolt main Yenko/Copo 427 with a box full of CY code th400 parts and a spare CY code th400 found in a 350 car. The box full of CY parts are my own fault as I kept the tranny (correct vin to the car) in my garage for years but somehow something fell in the garage and busted the bellhousing. I disassembled the tranny and a local welder promised to fix the chunk I had busted by welding from the inside of the bellhousing and blending the outer portion to the ground off sections of the casting tabs that are otherwise left intact on th400s for other cars. Basically it would have rendered the damage restored and near impossible to tell it had broken in the first place. I have yet to see him or the case again so my most valuable proof of what the car was is at large. As far the 427 engine itself, The deck was squared at some point but you can still faintly read the Tonawanda number however no vin on the deck. Personally I don't believe it was ever put there anyway due to the placement of the Tonawanda assembly date stamp. However there is a number stamped in the casting above the oil filter. The last couple of numbers can be read but not the entire number. That said, it would appear to match the vin but I just can't say. Part of me believes the engine is from a Yenko Camaro though due to the placement of the numbers and part of me believes it is the original. Unless a build sheet is hiding under the carpet, and it very well may be, the only person that would know is my uncle and he passed away in 1971. Though the car got passed around quite a few members of my family, it ended up being sold outside of the family and some 15 years or so later my cousin took me to buy it back. I do know the rear end was replaced at some point though as it is newer date than the car and from a small block car that apparently was a race car. I believe it was from one of my cousin's cars due to him racing and the color scheme of his car which is carried over to the differential components, brakes, and trailing arms. That part is easy to find out though as he was also an owner of this car but is also still alive. To my knowledge though, I am the only one that ever titled the car. The car has lived its entire life in a non title state. The only reason I titled it was due to the loan made against it which the bank required. Banks don't want a pink slip... These additional parts don't go with the car though. They are for sale as well, besides, If I could prove via documentation, an automatic L89 is near priceless when 20 to 30 years ago a C3 was a red headed step child and were basically throw-a-ways only recently becoming desired.

Last edited by Sgt.Dozer; 09-27-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Zealot
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

Really wish I could afford it. That thing is beautiful. Good luck!
FasNuff (11-01-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 02:06 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Ok I am getting questions in my emails about this listing but not showing up here or in my private messages. They seem legit as they ask some of the right questions but since I don't see them here or in the PM I am not responding via email. However I will answer some of the basics...

1. No I do not have the original sidepipes.
2. The car is rust free. No rust in the frame. No rust in the birdcage. No rust in the windshield frame. Never has been... No rust repairs ever.
3. Is the car perfect? No I am asking 25k not 40-100k.
4. Chrome quality is excellent driver quality and is original. Perfect to re-chrome when needed to bring to show quality.
5. Paint quality. There are no chips or scratches in the paint. It shines well but doesn't have the depth and luster of show quality. May be able to buff and wax back in but it is a driver.
6. No I do not have a tank sticker. It has a C4 gas tank in it. It was converted to fuel injection in the mid nineties.
PreviousOwner (10-08-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Gold Dragon
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 172 Likes on 141 Posts

Great looking car, with some cool mods. Any pictures of the interior?
Old 11-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

I am still out of town but the car is still available. When I get home I will try and get more pics. Should be within a couple of weeks.
Old 06-22-2019, 12:55 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Admin please delete. This car is sold.

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 Black on black older restomod build

Quick Reply: FS: 1969 Black on black older restomod build