FS (For Sale) '78 Pace Car - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: '78 Pace Car

Old 10-04-2018, 10:30 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Default '78 Pace Car

My Pace Car just went live on a Bring A Trailer auction if anyone is looking for one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...g_started_user

Thanks
Old 10-04-2018, 11:05 PM
SlingShotYellow
CF Senior Member

Whats the asking price for this site? thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Easy Mike
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In II Veteran

Per forum rules, you have to list an asking price.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:46 AM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Feel free to take down the link if you need to. Iím not trying to sell the car here since the auction is active and Iím prevented from doing that. I just wanted to let everyone know itís available if someone is looking for one. Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 01:28 PM
hdal
CF Senior Member

So.....you are not living in AK now? Where is car presently? Where is bad/chipped paint? Do I see true duals,no cat? Radio/8-track and all speakers work? Hdal
Old 10-05-2018, 05:05 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by hdal View Post
So.....you are not living in AK now? Where is car presently? Where is bad/chipped paint? Do I see true duals,no cat? Radio/8-track and all speakers work? Hdal

We recently moved to southern Illinois and I haven't changed my profile yet since I keep forgetting. The car is here with us now, about 20 miles south of Marion. It does have true duals with no cats - it has a small noise from an exhaust leak but I haven't located it yet - sounds like it's underneath at a connection. 8-track and speakers work, but it sometimes doesn't change tracks correctly. It will sometimes keep on the same track but just get quieter and if you keep hitting the button it will eventually change over. It leaks some trans fluid if it sits too long without being driven and the cruise control will engage but continue to accelerate. I change the cruise box to a new one but it has continued so I think it may be a vacuum leak that I haven't located yet. The chipping is what you usually see - nose, hood, behind tires. A previous owner had touched them up and they're tough to see in any photos, but as you get close they show. The bonding strips show through some on the front fenders and it has the usual C-3 paint wear for being older.
The car is a nice driver and still presents really well. I purchased it 4 years ago and it's been fun to own, but I just don't have the space for it now or the time to maintain it properly. Thanks
Old 10-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Thanked 1,455 Times in 950 Posts

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow View Post
Whats the asking price for this site? thanks
Originally Posted by Easy Mike View Post
Per forum rules, you have to list an asking price.
Actually, I think if the ad is just a link to an auction, and not actively for sale here outside the auction, then its no different than the rules allowing a link to an ebay auction.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

See #2, “co-mingling.”

Last edited by Vettebuyer6369; 10-05-2018 at 05:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vettebuyer6369 For This Useful Post:
SlingShotYellow (10-06-2018), SonnyAK (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Vettebuyer6369

Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
We recently moved to southern Illinois and I haven't changed my profile yet since I keep forgetting. The car is here with us now, about 20 miles south of Marion. It does have true duals with no cats - it has a small noise from an exhaust leak but I haven't located it yet - sounds like it's underneath at a connection. 8-track and speakers work, but it sometimes doesn't change tracks correctly. It will sometimes keep on the same track but just get quieter and if you keep hitting the button it will eventually change over. It leaks some trans fluid if it sits too long without being driven and the cruise control will engage but continue to accelerate. I change the cruise box to a new one but it has continued so I think it may be a vacuum leak that I haven't located yet. The chipping is what you usually see - nose, hood, behind tires. A previous owner had touched them up and they're tough to see in any photos, but as you get close they show. The bonding strips show through some on the front fenders and it has the usual C-3 paint wear for being older.
The car is a nice driver and still presents really well. I purchased it 4 years ago and it's been fun to own, but I just don't have the space for it now or the time to maintain it properly. Thanks
Is the car for sale here outside the auction?
Old 10-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Vettebuyer6369

Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
Feel free to take down the link if you need to. Iím not trying to sell the car here since the auction is active and Iím prevented from doing that. I just wanted to let everyone know itís available if someone is looking for one. Thanks
Actually, re-reading this answers my question.

This thread linking to an active auction does not require an asking price. Its OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vettebuyer6369 For This Useful Post:
SonnyAK (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Priya
CF Senior Member

And three not at all deluded people bid $2000 or less.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:17 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369 View Post
Actually, re-reading this answers my question.

This thread linking to an active auction does not require an asking price. Its OK.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was ok but wasn't 100% sure either.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:23 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Priya View Post
And three not at all deluded people bid $2000 or less.
The BAT auctions can be fun, but are often a slow burn for starting up. Like most auctions the frenzy hits during the closing minutes. Luckily they don't allow last second sniping and time is added to the auction if bids are hitting at the scheduled close. It really is a nice site for getting exposure to a car and I've been watching their site for years ever since they started up.
The Following User Says Thank You to SonnyAK For This Useful Post:
SeeThrees (10-06-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 05:25 PM
vdavenp802
CF Senior Member

So please post the asking price now that the auction has ended.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:29 AM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vdavenp802 View Post
So please post the asking price now that the auction has ended.
Sorry, I’ve been meaning to do that but keep getting caught up with busy stuff. The auction never really heated up - C3’s just don’t seem to do very well on BAT for some reason. I’m looking for $16,800 out of the car and will post more info and photos here for anyone that didn’t get a chance to see the Bring A Trailer listing. Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited by SonnyAK; 10-13-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:55 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Here are a few more photos...

Old 10-13-2018, 02:19 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

I purchased the car in '14 from a fellow forum member and it currently has 32,000 miles. The tires were installed when I got the car and they have 1,000 miles on them. I was living in Alaska during the majority of my ownership so the car was only driven on trips a few times each year and mostly sat in storage. This developed a trans leak that isn't too bad if the car's driven regularly but does seep if it sits too long. I had the carb replaced during a tune-up a few years ago since I didn't have enough time to send it off for a rebuild. I kept the carb that came off and still have it. It runs well but I think it could still use a good tweaking from a decent carb guy - which I am not. The car is pretty original and is a great driver with an L48/automatic transmission. The clock doesn't work and the cruise wants to accelerate after being set. I think the cruise issue is a vacuum leak that I haven't located since I did purchase a new transducer and it's still operating the same. The paint has the usual chips and imperfections that you see on the cars from this era with their old paint. It presents well, but you see the imperfections on a closer inspection even though they don't show very well in the photos. On the front driver's fender there is a bonding strip line that's showing through some. Someone has installed true duals for an exhaust and it sounds throaty but isn't annoying. It does have a slight exhaust leak tick that you can hear from beneath the car - probably at one of the joints. The car runs out well and is nice and tight, with the AC still blowing nice and cold. That's all I can think of right now. Thanks, Sonny

Last edited by SonnyAK; 10-14-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:11 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Here are a few videos that I have uploaded on Youtube:

Old 12-09-2018, 05:33 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

My car is up on eBay now for anyone interested. Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Chevro...4:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Old 12-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Priya
CF Senior Member

It looks like its in really nice condition, I hope you get a reasonable price for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Priya For This Useful Post:
SonnyAK (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 10:27 PM
SonnyAK
CF Senior Member

Thanks Priya. It's a clean car and a really fun driver. It's just right for driving and having fun with while not having to worry about hurting it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: '78 Pace Car

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.