Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1975 Corvette White

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Kyle Treem
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1975 Corvette White

Looking to sell a 1975 C3. Has 74k miles on it, but has been sitting for the last 30+ years. Was my father in laws and he parked it when my wife was born since it could not fit a car seat. Only moved around a handful of times since then. Spent the majority of the time in a garage in CT, towed to my house in New Hampshire.

Not sure of the last time it's been started but we had to use a winch to get it onto a trailer to transport. Brake line burst when moving it, he also had been rear ended so missing the rear nose. Would be a good project to restore, I just don't have the time and am getting kind of sick of walking by it. Figured it's time to see what we can get for it. He claims to have the title, but I'm not sure how long it's going to take him to find, probably a lot easier just to retitle.

Was trying to get $4k for it but am willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Last edited by Kyle Treem; 01-07-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

There’s a couple issues here. First, its unclear who the actual owner is. If you are not, the following must be addressed:

RULE:

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason.

We tried a revision to the rules to allow those listings to take place without the need to get prior approval from an administrator so long as the threads disclosed the circumstances of the nominee sale and stated the role they would play in resolving any post-sale disputes.

It hasn’t worked as it has created a proliferation of people offering Corvettes for sale for a friend or relative who declare they will take no responsibility in resolving post-sale disputes. That’s potentially harmful to site users, so we are reverting to some of the previous language.

Going forward, those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting:
  • The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car
  • The role the thread starter will play in the sale
  • And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues.
Threads failing to address those points will be removed by moderators.

Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes before proceeding with a purchase.
LINK:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

Also, regardless of who owns the car, a clear, current title must be present:

All vehicles listed for sale on the Forum, unless sold by a Supporting Vendor, must be titled by the current owner. No "title skipping" allowed.
The following users liked this post:
Kyle Treem (01-08-2019)

Quick Reply: FS: 1975 Corvette White