Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1973 Corvette in Iowa 43k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 AM
CelliniEVO
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 Corvette in Iowa 43k miles

Asking 13k. Auto transmission, garaged its whole life and hasn't been driven in the past 3.5 years. My wife's father passed away awhile ago and left her this. She always hoped to eventually tune this up a bit and drive it around as it was something her dad loved, but decided last year it's time to sell. I didn't want her to regret that so we haven't tried listing it yet, but she still wants to sell so we're gauging interest. Her dad was the 2nd owner and purchased it in 1978 with 37k miles on it. The bumper is off, but we have it stored with the car. (not sure if it's the original, but can get some photos posted of it)

We live in Colorado, but it's garaged in my hometown of Clinton, Iowa (which is about 40 mins from the Quad Cities and 2hrs15 from Chicago O'Hare). If anyone is somewhat local and wants to look it over please feel free to reach out. Photos posted are from last April...it started up after being jumpstarted and runs, but we didn't drive it and not being a car-guy I'm not really sure what it needs. My Dad can get some additional photos in the coming weeks and try to answer any questions about it. Since we live so far away, we are hoping to sell as-is.

Thanks for looking!

Old 01-23-2019, 07:59 PM
rambok81
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re

How is the frame and birdcage?
Old 01-29-2019, 10:29 PM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

Sent a pm.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:46 AM
Tooch1
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 311 Posts

From what I can see in these photos you have a VERY NICE WELL OPTIONED SURVIVOR 73 coupe there. Just looking at that one engine photo it has been virtually unmolested. Everything seems to be in its original condition. Alternator still has the broadcast code letters, master cylinder still has the two side bleeder valves as original, complete Air Cleaner Assembly with original rubber seal. Ring just needs slid back in place, you probably moved it to get the car started. Wiring and ignition Shielding looks to be all present and correct, even the original hood insulation. I still see the original radiator Shroud caution label is still present. I can't see for sure from the photo angle if you still have the original radiator cap, maybe a photo from that side of the engine?I I see the original metal tube windshield washers on the original Wiper arms too! The only major item I see missing is the A.I.R. SMOG Equipment. ( which was commonly removed back in the day). If the frame and birdcage are in good shape this car will sell right away. How about some photos of the undercarriage, mufflers and exhaust tips( one year only items)! Spare tire/ tub/ lock if present.Still has original radio ( usually replaced). I even see original dealer installed black vinyl C3 floor mats! The Elkhart Green paint looks pretty nice too in the photos. Good idea not driving it though. Brakes should be checked before doing that! Photo of the front bumper cover would be nice too, if it's the original it should be in pretty bad shape after all these years. They just disintegrated. Maybe you have a replacement that just didn't get installed yet. Please don't clean or remove anything, leave everything as it is for the new owner. Your asking price in my opinion if there are no major rust issues is really fair (even on the low side IMO) for an L48 with an automatic. Elkhart Green is a tough sell color for some folks! Include interior photos, rear storage compartment with three doors open to see labels and jack/handle and tray. T- Top bags and straps if present. Owner's manual and other booklets, buildsheet) Keys/ knockouts etc. Thse items if present will help sell the car.
Good luck with your sale! (Too bad you can't talk the family into keeping this one! You may be sorry Down the road some day! Original 73's like this one don't come around too often!)
Regards,
Tooch

Last edited by Tooch1; 01-30-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added info!
Old 04-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Coondog65
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this corvette still for sale?

Just got back to Iowa from Florida. I live 70 miles from Clinton and would like to see the car if it still available.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Jstan2014
Safety Car

Received 546 Likes on 421 Posts

Old 04-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

FYI: Sellers Last Activity: 02-07-2019 11:40 AM

Too bad no phone number was included in OP.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:28 AM
firstgenaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 230 Posts

The paint would come out amazing... it needs claybarring and meguires number 7 then selective hand polishing.

Get notified of new replies

To 1973 Corvette in Iowa 43k miles

Quick Reply: FS: 1973 Corvette in Iowa 43k miles