Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1980 Dark Claret 3 speed Corvette - 11000?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:58 PM
BuzC5
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 1980 Dark Claret 3 speed Corvette - 11000?

I am posting to try and assist a close friend in selling his fathers vehicle that was passed down to him.

Me and him both know very little about C3s and their value, so any advice etc is much appreciated, thank you in advance

Posting the price of 11000 because hagertys values in the mid 11s so I thought that was a good base, but please feel free to correct me if this is way under/over.

This is a 1980 Chevrolet Corvette Automatic
The car has been stored inside its entire life.

The owner is looking to sell for cash to free up some space, it has been spun around the block a couple times a month for about the last year, and currently has just a hair over 90,000 miles.

T-tops

Please comment or private message

I will update the thread as we dig and find more information about the car

Last edited by BuzC5; 03-02-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:46 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Forum rules require people selling for others address specific issues when posting:

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason.

We tried a revision to the rules to allow those listings to take place without the need to get prior approval from an administrator so long as the threads disclosed the circumstances of the nominee sale and stated the role they would play in resolving any post-sale disputes.

It hasn’t worked as it has created a proliferation of people offering Corvettes for sale for a friend or relative who declare they will take no responsibility in resolving post-sale disputes. That’s potentially harmful to site users, so we are reverting to some of the previous language.

Going forward, those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting:
  • The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car
  • The role the thread starter will play in the sale
  • And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues.
Threads failing to address those points will be removed by moderators.

Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes before proceeding with a purchase.
LINK:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

Quick Reply: FS: 1980 Dark Claret 3 speed Corvette - 11000?