Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1968 327ci/300hp Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 11:36 AM
JTBylicki
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1968 327ci/300hp Convertible

After 14.5 years, it’s time to part ways with my 1968 Corvette, 327ci/300hp. From what I can tell, I’m the 5th owner of the vehicle as I purchased it in Ohio in December of 2004 and moved to California in mid-2005, where it has been garaged ever since (specifically in West Sacramento right now). I have all documentation from the work performed as well as the original owner’s manual and assembly manual. All work was performed by Corvette Care out of Rancho Cordova, CA. This is a general list of the work done on the car:
  • Rebuilt motor, new carburetor, intake manifold, belts, and water pump – March 2005
  • Rebuilt front suspension and power steering – August 2005
  • Repaired/rebuilt tachometer – October 2006
  • Rebuilt transmission, new brakes (calipers/rotors) – March 2012
  • New wheels from Rocket Booster “Hyper Shot” – March 2012
  • New wiring harness and fiber optic lines – March 2014
  • Repair/adjust clutch – April 2014
The car has functioning power windows (original glass) and is an AC car from the factory. The AC system has been removed from the car, but the thermostat in the console does indicate its original capabilities. Clock, gages, and interior lights all function properly. Unfortunately, the thermostat controls for the heater do not work.

Mechanically, the car is strong and reliable. With some cosmetic work on the body, this would be an outstanding 1968 327/300. The interior is in great shape with one small hole in the driver’s seat from an internal seat wire poking through. The stereo appears to be an original but is actually a new addition that has a mini plug connection so you can play music directly from your phone. A remote control is included. There are two 6x9 speakers in the back under the soft top as well. The top is only been up once or twice in the past 14.5 years. It does need some work to get it back into mint condition.

At this point, the remaining work I was going to have done would be to rebuild the rear suspicion (currently no issues, but I wanted it to be in the same condition as the front). Otherwise, I would return the body to the original 1968 panels/327ci hood.

Items that are not original to the car:
  • The front clip is from a 1973 Corvette
  • The hood is for a 427ci motor. Though it is not appropriate for the 327ci, it isn’t a replica, but is original to the era.
  • The original color scheme from the factory was International Blue exterior and medium blue interior.
  • The Hurst shifter and side pipes were added on by an earlier owner.
My reasons for parting ways after all these years is due to the fact, I just purchased a 1975 Blazer, which gives me a back seat, more room, and the ability to enjoy it all year long with its 4x4 capabilities. I don’t have room for both, so the Corvette must unfortunately go.

Asking $26,900

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions, cheers!

~ Justin - JTBylicki@gmail.com

Old 05-08-2019, 12:31 PM
Tiger Joe
Drifting

Received 517 Likes on 343 Posts

have the fender openings been trimmed? something looks off with the opening lines.

also I notice flares on the rear wheels too. 68 didnt have those. is the entire body 1973? or did someone glass the flares on?
Old 05-08-2019, 12:48 PM
sullyman56
Drifting

Received 272 Likes on 198 Posts

It's also lacking the backup lights in the rear valance and that looks like it was glassed in.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:18 PM
JTBylicki
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Tiger Joe
have the fender openings been trimmed? something looks off with the opening lines.

also I notice flares on the rear wheels too. 68 didnt have those. is the entire body 1973? or did someone glass the flares on?
Hey Tiger Joe - I suspect something was done with the rear clip, but can't vouch for any work. It was mentioned when I was having work done that they thought the rear fender area was flared and then the flares were removed, but I'm not 100% sure what was done, sorry. As for the entire body being from a 1973 Corvette, I can't confirm that either. The car does have the thumb-buster door lock mechanisms that are unique to the 1968. Wish I could give you more intel, but that's all I can verify.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:26 PM
JTBylicki
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by sullyman56
It's also lacking the backup lights in the rear valance and that looks like it was glassed in.
Sullyman56 - I believe the tail lights are original (no reverse light/lens), but the lights that should be located below the bumper are not there. I cannot confirm when they were removed.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice car-

Get notified of new replies

To 1968 327ci/300hp Convertible

Quick Reply: FS: 1968 327ci/300hp Convertible