Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1972 restomod, BIG BLOCK, new everything, $10K

Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Scottd
CF Senior Member

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts
Default 1972 restomod, BIG BLOCK, new everything, $10K

Car is registered by VIN as a 1972. I KNOW it doesn’t look like one, I KNOW its mostly a 1982 body, but thats how its registered. Now with that out of the way, let me tell you about the car.

Engine: 454 bored .060 over, less than 5k miles. Cam is a Clay Smith custom hydraulic roller. (I don’t remember the specs but I can try and dig them up if you are honestly interested). Heads were freshened up when I did the cam (about 5 years ago. Magnafluxed and matched the springs to the cam). Heddman ceramic coated headers. Generic sidepipes.

Carb was rebuilt and matched to the engine by Lars himself.

Transmission: Muncie 4 speed. Rebuilt 3 years ago to include new mainshaft, 2nd gear, reverse gear, all bearings and syncros and shift cover. Hurst shifter. Rear end was opened up and inspected about 5 years ago.

Body: car was painted about 8 years ago. There are a few small nicks here and there, nothing visible from more than 3 feet away. Frame is solid, I did repair some rust (welded some steel patches) up in the usual spot where the trailing arms attach. No rust in door jambs, bolt wells or windshield frame. As stated, the frame is a 72 but the body appears to be mostly 82. I don’t know the story behind it, but somebody took some serious time to do the swap.

Other misc: All the following items were replaced and are less than 5 years old- front end bushing, coil springs, power steering pump and piston assembly, calipers, rotors, trailing arm bushings, t-top seals, high torque starter. Theres more but I cant remember it all. There’s an obnoxiously loud stereo system with a 1000 watt amp, a 10” sub and 2 6x9’s in a box in the rear and 10’ speakers in the kick panels. (You will need it to hear over those side pipes). Will also include a set of black t-tops (missing liners) and a 1 piece Astro plexiglass top. Ive got a plastic tote full of misc odds and ends, interior parts and such. I can provide you with almost 8 years of photographs of me working on the car, various stages of the resto-modding and assorted replaced parts. I have several great videos of it running but I cant seem to get a video to post. Id be happy to send video to your phone.

This car has been my love for about 8 years now, but life is taking me in a different direction. Car is ready to be a daily driver or a first Corvette for a person that isn’t concerned with matching numbers or originality. I can tell you the car is fast. Its got enough torque to move the earth out of orbit. Its loud. Its got a BIG BLOCK. Its friggen awesome. What more do you need?

Price is $10,000

Located in Syracuse NY.

Please, take this car to a good home.

https://imgur.com/sVuwDJv

Last edited by Scottd; 06-09-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:56 PM
AE Guy
CF Senior Member

Received 688 Likes on 624 Posts

Great looking Vette, GLWS!!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:44 AM
karebon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool car
Old 06-10-2019, 10:46 AM
CA-Legal-Vette
CF Senior Member

Received 192 Likes on 177 Posts

What a great car for the money. GLWS!
Old 06-10-2019, 03:09 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm guessing the stock hood would not fit ....
Old 06-10-2019, 04:16 PM
hzz
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

That's a lot of car for the money
Old 06-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Scottd
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
I'm guessing the stock hood would not fit ....
Yeah, and Im kinds of limited as to what size air cleaners I can run, but I fell in love with the scoop when I first went to buy the car. Unique, thats for sure.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Scottd
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by hzz View Post
Im trying to offer it here to the Corvette community at a decent price. This forum has served me well over the last 8+ years and Id like to be able to pass on some good karma.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:40 PM
71 Green 454
CF Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by hzz View Post
Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
Im trying to offer it here to the Corvette community at a decent price. This forum has served me well over the last 8+ years and Id like to be able to pass on some good karma.
I agree...that's a lot of car. What else can you get for $10K, a Honda? Definitely a stand out Corvette that would be a nice toy for someone on a budget.
GLWS.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:48 PM
Alwyn678
CF Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts

Love it
Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 PM
Scottd
CF Senior Member

Thank you my friend. Like I said, this car has been my blood and soul for over 8 years, but life has other plans for me at the moment.

Im going to move it to Craigslist soon. I dread dealing with the inevitable 'hey, its Bubba, wanna trade an old lawnmower' and 'Ill send you a check for 5K MORe than you want if you send me your checking account info'......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1972 restomod, BIG BLOCK, new everything, $10K

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.