Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1971 Corvette in Mass $15k, Coupe, Auto, # Matching

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM
GoneGomes
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1971 Corvette in Mass $15k, Coupe, Auto, # Matching

I am looking to sell my 1971 350/270hp automatic Corvette. It is a numbers matching engine with 100,300 miles. It is located in Massachusetts on Cape Cod. Runs and drives perfectly. She has side pipes and sounds mean. Everything works except the clock and the tach sticks from time to time.

Asking $15,000

Engine: 350/270 HP
Transmission: THM400 automatic
373 gear ratio
Tilt column
Auto windows
Power Steering
Power assist brakes
no AC

Paint: Sunflower yellow - She was born Brand Hatch Green but was repainted some time in the early 90s. The paint is driver quality or I would say a 10 footer. Up close you will see dimples above the headlight covers, and some cracking here and there. The door sills have some chipped paint. Out in the sun it looks great. She could use a new front spoiler.

Chrome: Driver quality. They still shine and I wouldn't be do anything to them. I just replaced the back license plate bezel and the front two grills which are costly.
Cobra side pipe heat shields just added this spring.

Hood: big block hood that was installed when she was painted back in the early 90s. I have the original hood as well.

Interior: Black leather seats that were redone 2 years ago and are in new condition. The overall condition of the dash and door panels is nice. I recently replaced a few ***** and panels to freshen her up.

3 years ago substantial work was done to the engine including:
New cam shaft, timing chain, hydraulic lifters, intake, carburetor, fuel pump, harmonic balancer, distributor
This summer I just had the brakes gone through, wheel bearing and the emergency brake redone

Frame: The frame looks great with very little surface rust. The previous owner had it for 25 years and garage stored it and it shows.

Documentation: I have extensive documentation and photos going back to the mid 90s when the previous owner acquired the vehicle.

I have owned this car for a year and have loved every minute of it. She is a head turner and sounds amazing. It is a great entry into a chrome bumper C3. I am moving on to a C7 but will miss this car.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:05 AM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,707 Likes on 2,996 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The wrong engine spec plate ( 330hp vs 270 hp) ? The 330 hp would be for the 4sp cars
Old 07-17-2019, 09:23 AM
GoneGomes
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is an LT-1 plate I believe so it is wrong. They can easily be replaced.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:45 PM
beneharris
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I pmed you. Let me know if the car is still for sale. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 1971 Corvette in Mass $15k, Coupe, Auto, # Matching

Quick Reply: FS: 1971 Corvette in Mass $15k, Coupe, Auto, # Matching