Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: SOLD FS: 1969 Coupe 350-350 4-spd, Numbers Matching

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 11:20 PM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default SOLD FS: 1969 Coupe 350-350 4-spd, Numbers Matching

13-Dec-22 update: the 69 Coupe has been sold as of this afternoon.
Thank you to all who contacted me about the car and to those who came to see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exterior color is Riverside Gold 980 (original paint). Interior is Saddle Tan 420.

L46 350-350 engine. Original Block.
M21 Close Ratio 4-speed Manual Transmission
G81 Positraction Rear Axle with 3.70:1 ratio
UA6 Burglar Alarm
C50 Rear Window Defroster (the blower portion is present, the ductwork that carries hot air to the rear window is missing)
TJ2 Front Fender Louvre Trim
U69 Delco AM/FM Radio
P02 Special Wheel Covers

Purchased in 1976, driven intermittently until 1999. In my garage in storage since 1999; the engine was started, and the car moved periodically.

I started putting in factory Air Conditioning with C60 parts taken from a wrecked Corvette. Yeah, I know this may be an unusual approach, but I was suffering so much from the heat when driving the car in summer. The important point is, the new owner has a choice: can complete the AC installation or can remove the AC components and put back the Heater system (I kept all the component parts).

Price: asking $18,940 for the car "as is" with the added AC installation. As shown in the photos.

If you would like to see the car in Los Altos, California (SF Bay Area - Silicon Valley), just send me a Private Message.

This car is an excellent candidate for a serious restoration because it is mainly original with a frame in good condition; has the original engine and drive train with the close ratio M21 transmission. It is "numbers matching". It has what I believe to be an unusual set of options including the Burglar Alarm, Rear Window Defroster and the Special Wheel Covers. Plus, I can vouch for the history of the car for the last 46 years.

Last edited by Sabre34; 12-15-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Sold
The following 2 users liked this post by Altos_Guy:
1PLUM (10-28-2022), yvesvidal (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 08:51 AM
sixt7L79
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Other than the cluster vent and the removal of the fresh air vent levers what else have you done to install the AC?
Old 10-29-2022, 12:50 AM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Thanks for the question.
* All the interior items for the AC/Heater are installed - the ductwork, vents, control head, electrical wiring harness, vacuum hose harness.
* On the front of the firewall, the Evaporator and Blower Assembly is installed.
* In front of the Radiator, the Condenser is installed.

To finish up the AC installation, the work would be to put in the AC Compressor with its Drive Belt, hook up the AC Hoses. Evacuate the system and charge with refrigerant. A slight disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that all the AC components are operable because I removed them from a junked Vette in a scrapyard. For example, a new Receiver-Dehydrator unit would certainly be needed.

Right now, the system delivers hot air when the console Control Head is set to "HTR". When the Control Head is set to one of the AC positions, the air that comes out of the AC vents is at the ambient temperature, because there is no refrigerant circulating to provide cooling. That is, the Heater/AC system behaves as would be expected, except there will be no cold air available until the AC system is completed and charged with refrigerant.

Am sending you a PM email with a link to more info on the car.
The following users liked this post:
Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 11:37 PM
Catsteven
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi interested in your car just joined the corvette forum. Not sure how to use the pm function. Can you pm me. Thanks Steve
Old 10-30-2022, 12:32 AM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Hi, Catsteven,
Welcome and thanks for the interest in the car.
On our Forum Member profile, there is a drop-down box "Send Message" with options for sending messages - mine is shown in the screenshot attached.
When I look at your profile, the 2nd and 3rd options are not present. Not sure why - maybe a Forum Administrator or someone knowledgeable can tell us how to enable PM's.
Therefore sorry, but unable to PM you at present - will look again tomorrow.
If you would like to try, you could go to my Member Profile and PM me.
Cheers, Steve

x to send does not
Old 10-30-2022, 03:33 AM
LeeS
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

I believe he has to make a minimum number of posts before he can PM. I think it's 5. Not completely sure of the number though.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:06 AM
Doge
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hello, does the car currently start up and drive? Any photos underneath the car?
Old 10-30-2022, 01:17 PM
Catsteven
Advanced

Hi Will try to make 5 posts Thanks for the info.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:51 PM
Catsteven
Advanced

Hi sent pm I think it worked
Thanks
Steve
Old 10-30-2022, 02:22 PM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Default 69 Coupe For Sale: More Info

Here is a link to my DropBox where you will find three videos of the car, a PDF file with lots of info and a Folder of photos.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i3j1zzy3h...JyajOE4Ta?dl=0

Note: I checked with Forum Moderator "Sabre34" that the Forum rules do not prohibit the posting of a link to my personal DropBox.

Please send any questions...

Last edited by Altos_Guy; 10-30-2022 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Add Clarity
Old 10-30-2022, 02:30 PM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Hi, Doge,

Absolutely the car starts up and drives.
On this thread, I just posted a link to some videos - can you please verify that you can access and take a look?

For photos under the car, Page 3 of the PDF file shows the M21 4-speed and the Rear Axle.
I will look to see whether I have photos of the underside. Otherwise, I would have to jack up the car and take photos.
Is there some particular area of interest to you? Or areas?
Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 03:12 PM
sixt7L79
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Great descriptive videos.
Did you install the AC heater core, and did it require trimming the firewall?
Old 10-30-2022, 04:01 PM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Hi, sixt7L79,
Thanks for watching the videos and making the nice comment.
Yes, the AC Heater Core is installed and it operates just fine - we get hot air from the heater outlet vents.
I did the conversion from Heater only to Heater/AC in 1987. In the firewall, there is an opening where the air flows in. My recollection is that I had to enlarge the hole at its lower edge by cutting out a piece of fiberglas to achieve compatibility with the AC Components.
In the PDF file I posted, on Page 8, you can see all the OEM Heater System Components that were removed from the car. As stated, all of the components shown in the photos here can be made available to the buyer of the car if the buyer wishes to revert the car to the original OEM Heater only system.
Page 6 of the PDF file shows the AC Compressor and AC Hoses.
Wow, sixt7L79, you do ask interesting questions about the details!
Am ready for the next question that you or anyone else would like to ask...
Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 04:50 PM
Doge
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Altos_Guy
Hi, Doge,

Absolutely the car starts up and drives.
On this thread, I just posted a link to some videos - can you please verify that you can access and take a look?

For photos under the car, Page 3 of the PDF file shows the M21 4-speed and the Rear Axle.
I will look to see whether I have photos of the underside. Otherwise, I would have to jack up the car and take photos.
Is there some particular area of interest to you? Or areas?
thank you, I was able to access the Dropbox files. No particular areas come to mind. I’ve recently started looking for a C3 and having never owned one before I’m not much of an expert on what to look for.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doge:
ckirsch100 (11-22-2022), Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 10-30-2022, 08:07 PM
Catsteven
Advanced

Thanks for the nice pictures and videos. Do you have any pictures of the pillars and birdcage.
Also didn’t see any pictures of the underside.
what is the mileage.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2022, 12:58 AM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Hi, Catsteven,
Thanks for the positive comment on the videos etc.
For the "pictures of the pillars and birdcage", I presume we are looking for rust? I see some YouTube videos where people remove the left and right interior kickpanels where the speakers are located and then shoot photos of the metal birdcage pillar at the front body mount. Is this what you have in mind? Yes, I can do photos of this area.
With regard to the "pictures of the underside", I presume we are looking for rust on the frame rails and crossmembers?
Yes, I can shoot some photos tomorrow, Monday. Should be able to do this late afternoon or early evening and post Monday evening.
Oh, and the mileage is given on Page 1 of the PDF file at the DropBox link.
Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 10-31-2022, 11:40 PM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Default A Halloween Update

I started on the photos of the car this afternoon. When I posted yesterday, I had forgotten that today is Halloween. I had to stop working on the photos and take care of "Trick or Treat"..
Will continue and post tomorrow, Tuesday

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD FS: 1969 Coupe 350-350 4-spd, Numbers Matching

Old 11-01-2022, 01:10 AM
1996ta
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Kudos to you for the well-written ad and related supporting info. With respect to the engine rebuild, it may be worthwhile providing some info such as when it was rebuilt, how many miles since the rebuild, and if any significant deviations from stock were done (e.g., lowered compression, etc...). Notwithstanding, looks like a very good car at a compelling price, and I'd think you'll receive strong interest, even with the economy not being the best. If I had more room, I'd be discussing it with you.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:22 AM
BrianOz
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Congrats to you Altos_Guy for the excellent documentation provided - this is a reference for other sellers as to how it can and should be done!

We can see from the photos the car has manual brakes, but I don't remember anywhere if you said whether it has power steering?

Coronette (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 12:54 AM
Altos_Guy
Advanced

Hi, Catsteven, I shot videos of the Birdcage and the Frame Left Side. I have added them at the DropBox link.
Hi, 1996ta, thanks for the kudos and the suggestion on the engine rebuild: it was done over 30 years ago. I will look and see what paperwork I can find.
Hi, BrianOz, thanks for the positive comments. Yeah, as you suspect, no PB or PS on this car. Page 2 of the PDF file at the DropBox link shows the build sheet from the gas tank, which does not list either of these options. Yeah, I could have been more explicit that the car does not have these items.
Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me to express interest and made requests for photos of specific items.

At the DropBox link, the following items have been added as of Thursday afternoon:
* Video of the Frame Left Side, showing the good condition of the metal
* Video of the Birdcage Left Side, showing the good condition of the metal pillar where the Driver's Door Hinges attach.
* In the PDF file, have added Pages 11 and 12 with photos of the T-Tops and the Dash Pad upper surface.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i3j1zzy3h...JyajOE4Ta?dl=0

Tomorrow, Friday, I'll shoot videos of the Frame and Birdcage Right Side - would expect the examination to show similar good results to the Left Side already done.
While the car is jacked up would be a good time to shoot some more videos and do more photos of the underside.
Does anyone have suggestions or requests for photos of specific items?

The following 2 users liked this post by Altos_Guy:
Coronette (11-04-2022), petdoc (11-05-2022)

Quick Reply: FS: SOLD FS: 1969 Coupe 350-350 4-spd, Numbers Matching