Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 68 to 72 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 09:25 PM
Lt.Mike
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhog71
Thanks, he sent me that, my biggest concern is current owner said the odometer hasn’t worked in the three years he owned it?
That sounds like the first red flag. Not saying its reason to walk away but call that strike one
If you can find a car with a lot of documentation, build sheet, window sticker, numbers matching, a clean frame, no dimples in the nose and “everything” works as it should and I mean everything you’ve really found something. Very few cars that you find will have all these.

Last edited by Lt.Mike; 04-11-2023 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:03 PM
smiller245
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a real nice 73 vert driver auto ac 54k orig mile car, white red, you can see the car on face book market place Ft Myers FL, asking 25,500 but will nego some
Thx Steve
Old 04-20-2023, 09:46 PM
XXvette
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Frame probably roached with rust enough to make birdcage flex........look under the car probably bad news.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:18 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

This one is mine, and it does not have A/C, so it doesn't tick off your must have needed items. I wanted you to see what "Real World" money it will take to buy a nice 1972 convertible. This one came with just two options; AM/FM radio; and the matching hard top. That's it. No power nothing. A dream to drive, still drives like new with 30,600 miles on it. I checked on mine as I do from time to time to see what Haggerty Valuation Tool and Corvette DNA value the car at for insurance purposes. Both of them has this one right at $30,000. Unlike most 72's available today, this one has the original Protecto-Plate; Original Tank Sticker showing the built with data; and it has the original paperwork that came with a new car back in 1972. Its not perfect by any means, but it is a very nice, low mileage, convertible. If this one wasn't so original I would add the Tilt/Tele; Power Steering; Power Brakes; and Vintage A/C to it and drive the dickens out of it; but its too stock and original with the low miles to want to alter it. I have a 74 restomod I am getting all that out of my system building. Good luck with your search, the right car for you is out there somewhere.
David S. Howard
AllC34Me

The following users liked this post:
71 Green 454 (04-21-2023)
Old 04-21-2023, 07:12 AM
oldhog71
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ALLC34ME Are you interested in selling your car? If so I am interested.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:33 AM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhog71
ALLC34ME Are you interested in selling your car? If so I am interested.
If you're lucky enough to pry that beautiful '72 Convertible out of David's hands, grab it! I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him, he's a picky owner that likes everything perfect.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:29 AM
topcarbon
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 109 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Winner- Unmodified

Originally Posted by AllC34Me
This one is mine, and it does not have A/C, so it doesn't tick off your must have needed items. I wanted you to see what "Real World" money it will take to buy a nice 1972 convertible. This one came with just two options; AM/FM radio; and the matching hard top. That's it. No power nothing. A dream to drive, still drives like new with 30,600 miles on it. I checked on mine as I do from time to time to see what Haggerty Valuation Tool and Corvette DNA value the car at for insurance purposes. Both of them has this one right at $30,000. Unlike most 72's available today, this one has the original Protecto-Plate; Original Tank Sticker showing the built with data; and it has the original paperwork that came with a new car back in 1972. Its not perfect by any means, but it is a very nice, low mileage, convertible. If this one wasn't so original I would add the Tilt/Tele; Power Steering; Power Brakes; and Vintage A/C to it and drive the dickens out of it; but its too stock and original with the low miles to want to alter it. I have a 74 restomod I am getting all that out of my system building. Good luck with your search, the right car for you is out there somewhere.
David S. Howard
AllC34Me

im a sucker for a yellow corvette.
that looks like a very nice honest car
I would not hesitate on this one for that price

Quick Reply: WTB: 68 to 72 Convertible