Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Fraud Caution

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 04:58 PM
C3_nuts
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now this is a typical scam reply:

Before we continue further please read my e-mail. I will explain how I want to proceed regarding our possible transaction.

As I stated in my previous e-mail, my husband signed a 5 year contract for his new job in Italy, Europe and in 1 week the kids and I will also move to Italy.
The shipping & payment part of the transaction will be handled by eBay Financial because their buyer/seller Protection Program will protect both of us.
regarding the shipping, due to our signed agreement with eBay Financial, the vehicle is located in their secured warehouse from Minot ND, ready to be sent anywhere within the States on our expense. They have in their custody both the vehicle and the title signed for release, which had been verified by the eBay inspectors and they already gave the go ahead to begin the escrow procedures.
regarding the payment, there is a 5 day inspection period available for you once you receive the vehicle in which you have the possibility to do a DMV inspection and/or inspection to any auto workshop of your choosing before eBay will release any money to me.
If you decide not to keep it for any reason the vehicle will be sent back to me (free of charge) and eBay will provide a full refund no questions asked. So basically I only receive the money if you are happy about what you are buying.
If you agree with my proposal, please e-mail me the following:
- your full name
- delivery address ( street ,# ,city ,state ,zip )
- your phone number
Once I provide to eBay your details, they will contact you and will provide all the information you need in order to complete the transaction.

I had chosen eBay Financial because in the next few days I will have a lot of problems to deal with (the kids changing the country and what comes with it, my job, real estate agents...).

Description of scam on ebay:
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/

So also buyer be warned :-/
Old 03-16-2017, 05:14 PM
C3_nuts
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See this:

add:
http://all-kind-ads.com/details.php?id=121674912
Old 03-17-2017, 03:40 PM
Jcpstrat
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Here's another one

With the one's I've been getting on my '74 Vette that's for sale, there's usually a reason why they can't come to see the car. The reason's vary and there's no haggling on the price. I got this one this morning and I did get an earlier message from a number saying he wanted to buy it for his Dad?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I'm Mr Jason. It was my son that message you to email me. I will like to know the final price for the vehicle and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to view it. I am buying it here as a gift for my son that just graduated in Dallas.

I am currently offshore and due to the nature of my work, I am restricted to phone call. I can only communicate via email.

You need not worry about how it will get to him there as I have a shipping agent that will handle the pick up and the paperwork

Regards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-07-2017, 06:03 PM
L-46man
Melting Slicks

Received 1,218 Likes on 844 Posts

Damn! I'm crestfallen. I thought I'd sold my Corvette to a guy in Nigeria for a million dollars. All I had to do is give him my bank routing number, social, and send $15,000 for handling in un-negotiated bearer bonds to ; King of Nigeria, Care of 'what turnip truck do you think I fell off of' Africa.

Cash is king...everybody else is ....family website.

Can you finance the Corvette for 900 months?....
Want to trade?

I am amazed that ANYBODY even talks to any of these whackos!
Old 06-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Jcpstrat
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

I hear ya L-46man ... here's an email I got yesterday ... I just ignore the ones that follow this pattern:

Hi this is Lawrence i want to buy this as a gift for a friend, am Navy officer and i'm currently on sea(USS Bremerton SSN-698 ).I'll probably have my carrier agent come pick it up, but she is clueless about vehicles. I'm worried about reliability, obviously, so if you don't mind I have a couple questions...

1: whats the mileage ?
2: What problems does it have that I need to fix?
3: Has it passed smog / inspection and do you have copies of the receipts?
4: Do you have the title?
5: What's your last asking price?
6: Do you have a PayPal account I can pay through?
Old 02-01-2022, 12:26 PM
diverrick
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Borowski
This happened to me this past Spring when I was selling my Yellow '80. Had one person from South America and another from Africa both told me they were buying my car ASAP. I was to give them an account # so they could "credit" my account and somebody would be picking up the car the same day. When I told them the only way my car leaves my house is "cash in hand" OR they could send a bank check, and ONLY and WHEN it clears(10 days-2 weeks), they could come get the car, I did'nt hear from them again. Hmmmmmmm................................
same thing happened. When selling my Harley. They sent a really good looking cashiers check. I suspected fraud so I deposited it and waited. Three day later it bounced. Completely fake check

Quick Reply: Possible Fraud Caution