Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 09:46 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Montrief Address

This is the address for Mikes "warehouse" in Illinois. It is actually a pole barn in the middle of rural Illinois, but Mike boasted to me that it contained over 250,000 dollars worth of classic cars. Hmmm.....
This is a positive ID, I have personally spoken with Tim the tenant who lives on the property. He verifys that Mike keeps many cars there.

22726 N Rt 40
Edelstein Il, 61526
Old 06-07-2005, 11:21 PM
PizzenEwayMoney
Drifting

Originally Posted by iknowvettes
I signed up yesterday because of all of the great information that is being posted by the members AND to post some of my own. I have jumped on the bandwagon to get Michael Montrief off of e-bay and out of the business of screwing people out of their hard earned money. I will make it my full time job. My story is long, so I won't post it today, but those who would like to file a complaint to the people who can really hurt this guy, here are the addresses and web sites to go to:
Division of Investigation
18231 McDurmott West #100
Irvine, CA 92614
(this is part of the DMV and from what they told me on the phone you have to have a license to broker cars in CA, he does not have a license)

Orange County District Attorney Office
401 Civic Center Drive
PO Box 808
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-834-3600

The FBI Internet Fraud Division: IFCCFBI.gov (this is a form you fill out on line)

Complaints.com

The IRS!!! 800-829-0433 yes folks, already a number of complaints have been made. We've given them all of the e-bay information and information about how the cars went out with open titles...they can still trace the money wires and cashiers checks.

And , of course continuing to post comments here on the forum regarding your experiences will show up on web searches too. There are far too many people who have lost money to this crook.
D
(... deleting personal information, will post business contact information to the thread -- savewave ...)

OWNED!!!

... inappropriate comment deleted -- savewave ...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:27 AM
kcmk
Advanced

Interesting thread. I did a quick search on this guy's eBay feedback. Several things threw up red flags for me. It seems the item numbers from deals on which he was the seller, from some time ago when he was not selling strictly "private bidder" deals, can not be found via eBay search engines. Hmmm, I don't know what that means, but it makes me cautious.

The dead giveaway should be the fact that he has begun selling strictly "private bidder". Personally, I avoid those deals like the plague. Sellers have been known to set up a "private bidder" deal, then use their own (or a secondary) eBay user name to run up the bidding on their own sale item. You, as a bidder, have no way of tracing the bids.

Finally, someone in this thread mentioned that his prices seem too good to be true. In my experience in classic car deals, if it seems that way, then it IS that way!

I made a pact with myself years ago, NEVER under any circumstances purchase a car without many phone conversations, pictures/video, background research on the car, and finally (and most importantly) a personal physical inspection of the car my no on other than myself. I have never regretted my decision to do business this way.

Sorry it happened to you, and good luck finding a good car for your wife.

Kevin
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 PM
WhichVette?
Pro

Any bets on when our next one-post wonder will show up and say how they got a great deal on their car???
Old 06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

All sho are interested, there's som interesting information here to:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1107840
Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Mike Montrief in living color

This guy is beyond belief. Everybody check out this link.

http://michaelmontrief.exploretalent...alentnum=41687
Old 06-08-2005, 08:17 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Mikes number

I have discovered a phone number for him that is more of a private line for him but you better *67 when you call him because he may not answer if he recognizes the number you are calling from.
714-357-4838
Also he likes to say he is a lawyer, he is not. He went to law school but could not pass the bar.

Hey Mike, the emperor has no clothes.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
WhichVette?
Pro

He's got a purty mouth...
Old 06-09-2005, 09:13 AM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

I'm sending a copy of this the the Devision of Investigations in CA, the DMV will love to know he is now advertising that he "owns and operates a dealership" without a licence to do business in the state!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
WhichVette?
Pro

Better save a copy of those pages before they get pulled, then.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 AM
vettesnpars
Cruising

Oohh.. he's an actor, well that makes sense!!
Old 06-10-2005, 10:09 AM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

I just sent a huge package on information to a reporter at the LA Times...I think it might get a little sticky for Mr. Montries and his future as an "attorney".
Have a nice day Mikey
Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default More Montrief information

I have a snoop who passed this information along to me. The link does not work, but it is too specific to ignore. Please pass this along.
Rob

link http://cr.ocgov.com/grantorgrantee/results.asp

I looked up the 2 business names listed EZ Lock Up LLC and PLC Waterfront LLC...
I got an address for PLC Waterfront... 21303 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 and phone numbers of...714-374-9027, 6929, 6842, and 6891 I researched them...all are cell phone numbers.
Hope you can use this information.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:22 AM
vettesnpars
Cruising

We are fortunate to live in the greatest country on the whole entire planet. What is unfortunate, is that people like this take advantage on our free enterprise system to rip people off and somehow get away with it. I do hope that some of you people that have been ripped off by this guy, follow up with your complaints to ebay, so that nobody else gets a raw deal!! I really love C3's!! Having owned a '73 4spd and currently own a very nice '71 convertible, what really sucks is this guy is forcing the price of these cars down, and instead of buying a car like mine for $19,000 some guy will come along and see that his cars are a bit cheaper and get ripped off in a big way. I gotta hand it to him, he is pretty smart, but he's just stupid enough to get busted!! I'm guessing that he already has a plan B in the works, if he's not rippin' people off one way I'm sure find another way. Good luck, let's get rid of this sucker!!
Old 06-12-2005, 02:34 AM
vncruiser
Instructor

Default Michael Montrief

This is my first post on this forum and no, I am not Michael. I bought some wheels from him off of e-bay, and since I live in L.A. ,I arranged to pick them up instead of paying for shipping. Went to the ... personal information deleted -- savewave ... address in Huntington Beach. He had advertised the wheels as 15x8, but they were actually 7's. He did give me my money back and asked that I give him positive feedback, which I did AFTER he credited back my paypal account. He then re-listed the wheels with the exact same ad. Didn't change a thing. Some guy bought the wheels and figured out too that they weren't as advertised. Apparently he gave Michael poor feedback, but then got his money back and was told to keep the wheels.
Anyway, a lot of the pictures of the cars in his ads are taken at the HB address. It is a condo complex. When I was there he had two C3's and a real nice '67 tri-power coupe in the garage which he said was not for sale. Fruits of ripping people off I guess. All his phone numbers are cell numbers. Told me to call him just before I got there and he would meet me there. Never saw any sign of his parents though. And by the way...he drives a red H2 with blacked out windows.
Guess I was a lucky one dealing with him. Glad I read this, I was about to recommend him to a friend.
Cruise Cool
Old 06-13-2005, 12:35 AM
SkunkApe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta keep this on top!
Old 06-27-2005, 12:52 PM
ps1
Intermediate

Default Michael Montrief Address

This was passed along to me by one of Mikes recent victims.

I found an invoice from 1 Day Paint & Body in my car dated 10-18-04. he
splashed paint all over everything for $1587.00. It has an addresss you
may
not know about
1500-Walnut, Huntington Beach
Montief had my car for at least 18 months and was stealing parts
obviously.
Do you know were I can go to find what this car was supposed to be
before he
got it ready for the pictures?

Get notified of new replies

To Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?

Old 06-27-2005, 07:41 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

You can do a title search through car fax to find out the people who had it in the past. The VIN number tells you everything..color etc. It takes a little investigating time but you can get all the information you need on who the car was supposed to look.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:53 PM
iknowvettes
Heel & Toe

Default Unilimited Vettes is now USCORVETTES on ebay

Just wanted to let everyone know that Michael has changed is user name on e-bay to USCORVETTES
Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM
twistdpair
Instructor

Originally Posted by vettesnpars
We are fortunate to live in the greatest country on the whole entire planet. What is unfortunate, is that people like this take advantage on our free enterprise system to rip people off and somehow get away with it. I do hope that some of you people that have been ripped off by this guy, follow up with your complaints to ebay, so that nobody else gets a raw deal!! I really love C3's!! Having owned a '73 4spd and currently own a very nice '71 convertible, what really sucks is this guy is forcing the price of these cars down, and instead of buying a car like mine for $19,000 some guy will come along and see that his cars are a bit cheaper and get ripped off in a big way. I gotta hand it to him, he is pretty smart, but he's just stupid enough to get busted!! I'm guessing that he already has a plan B in the works, if he's not rippin' people off one way I'm sure find another way. Good luck, let's get rid of this sucker!!
I got into a discussion with an attorney friend of mine a few weeks ago which struck a chord. I was telling him how I got a lesser deal than I expected on eBay (on my '78 Vette), and he made a point:

People are not responsible, in general. People make decisions based on feeling or passion and whatever, but consistently overlook logic. He said that nearly all of the cases he has to deal with are the result of BOTH parties not taking the appropriate steps before interacting with each other (in personal life, business, or whatever). Even when you are the victim, often times it is at least partially a result of your own risk-taking.

*I* was not responsible. You really have to make sure that a person you are doing business with is on the up-and-up 100%, and if you can't do that then don't do business. I learned a lesson, and thankfully I got an OK car at a less-than-optimum price. I can live with that and consider it a fairly inexpensive lesson.

Of course, there are exceptions, such as the elderly and very young, but I am not one of those. I was just not as responsible as I should have been.

-Corky

Quick Reply: Unlimitedvettes - Info Anyone?