C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rebuild Calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:56 AM
dan6712cc
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rebuild Calipers?

Im doing the C5 upgrade on the front brakes and also replacing all the brake lines. I was wondering if I should rebuild the rear calipers (already bought the kit but dont know how much of a pain it is)?

The car has around 150k miles and I dont think the seals have been replaced in those rear calipers. I have to take them off anyways to replace the lines. Should I go for it or leave it alone?

Edit: Why dont I check where Im posting, this was supposed to go in Tech, please ignore this one, Ill repost

Last edited by dan6712cc; 06-11-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
myvettesblue
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by dan6712cc
Im doing the C5 upgrade on the front brakes and also replacing all the brake lines. I was wondering if I should rebuild the rear calipers (already bought the kit but dont know how much of a pain it is)?

The car has around 150k miles and I dont think the seals have been replaced in those rear calipers. I have to take them off anyways to replace the lines. Should I go for it or leave it alone?

Edit: Why dont I check where Im posting, this was supposed to go in Tech, please ignore this one, Ill repost
you already bought the kit you say you have to take them off anyway ,why not rebuild them as soon as you dont one will start leaking right after you get it back together
Old 06-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Muffin
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rebuild. Can't hurt.

Get notified of new replies

To Rebuild Calipers?

Quick Reply: Rebuild Calipers?