Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

Old 08-03-2001, 08:33 PM
jlbruggeman
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

I am considering attending the Funfest, wondering if anyone has been to one of these, is it worth the trip, is anyone near Joplin going?
Old 08-04-2001, 01:29 AM
Aggravated4life
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect? (jlbruggeman)

I went last year and it was GREAT...you should do this at least once..there were 8,000 Vettes there of all kinds..even the food was good there!!
It was really a sight to see.
I didnt go to the carnival grounds that took place in a form of long caravan with all the vettes going there down the road from MAD...but heard that was nice.

I plan to go this year too...when you get there go to the registration booth and they give you coupons..you get a free T shirt,tickets for the food and etc.
You can pre register online I think or send in your form if you got one in the mail.
Also if you like taking pictures of Vettes, bring the camera...theres going to be ALOT of cars there.
Old 08-04-2001, 01:52 AM
Icebear
CF Senior Member

Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect? (jlbruggeman)

Expect to see thousands of Vettes and to have a ball. They have a scratch and dent sale of items returned for whatever reason. Got a C4 cover last year for $35 that looked brand new, but had been unpackeged and returned.
Also has discount on anything they have and believe free shipping of anything purchased there. If it is in stock and small enough you just walk over to shipping and take it home--no waiting. Also quite a few reps from the various suppliers they use. They will answer any product questions you have and have demos of new equip. Mike also provides pretty good food and entertainment. You do need to go ahead and get registered and start looking for a room now. They usually fill up pretty quick.
Go and enjoy-:cheers: -you know if more than a couple of vette folks are together it will be fun. :D
Old 08-04-2001, 09:40 AM
Jason
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Went a few years back when I still lived in IN. Had a blast. Was my first corvette gathering. Couldn't believe that many people from all over the US would drive to Effingham IL.
Old 08-04-2001, 02:11 PM
corvettemaster
CF Senior Member

Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

I have never been, but would love to go! If I find me a nice C4 for sale, and buy it before Sept. 15 & 16, you bet I'll be there! :cool:
Old 08-04-2001, 02:37 PM
Aggravated4life
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect? (corvettemaster)

I have never been, but would love to go! If I find me a nice C4 for sale, and buy it before Sept. 15 & 16, you bet I'll be there! :cool:
There will also be cars for sale there...I saw a few with 4 sale signs...lotsa jewels there..so come anyways..I dont think Im driving my vette there this year but still going whichever car I decide to drive.
Yes its more fun taking the vette but I wouldnt miss it either way.
Old 08-04-2001, 11:03 PM
jlbruggeman
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect? (Bill's86Coupe)

After hearing the feedback, I'll attend! I've registered, will try to drag 2 of my brothers who own Corvettes along, also(We've made the Spearfish, SD rally a couple of times) Thanks alot for the feedback, see you there!! :yesnod:
Old 08-05-2001, 01:48 AM
SaveTheWave
CF Senior Member

S. Indiana Events Coordinator
Cruise-In I Veteran
Default Re: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

It's a "show" that's hard to beat. If you register, the food is free ($5 per day), plus you get a free t-shirt and poster and hat pin.

Just the sight of that many Corvettes all together is awe inspiring.
I'd put it at the top of the list of national Corvette functions to attend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mid America Funfest 2001-Anyone attended before, what can I expect?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: