C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

fuel pump breaker/fuse ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 05:19 PM
Rigamortous
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump breaker/fuse ??

I have an 85 corvette and I have stored if for the last 4yrs and now I have no power
to the fuel pump. The owners manual says there is a 10amp breaker for the fuel pump
but not where it is located, I also looked in a chiltons manual that says there is a drop
down panal under the steering colomn but it is not there either, The only fuse's I can
find are on the passagner side of the dash. Does any one know where the reset for the
fuel pump is located :confused:
Old 08-05-2001, 01:25 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: fuel pump breaker/fuse ?? (Rigamortous)

The 10 amp fuel pump fuse is in the fuse block inside the right door frame. Pull the fuse and measure it with an ohmeter and see if the fuse block clips are bright. There is no circuit breaker, therefore nothing to reset. There is a fuel pump relay and when the ign is turned on the ECM runs the fuel pump for 2 seconds, then an oil pressure switch turns on when the oil pressure rises and supplies power to the fuel pump. You can jump the oil pressure switch to see if the fuel pump and fuse are ok. A voltmeter on the fuel pump fuse will rise to 12v for 2 seconds when you first turn the ign sw to run, if not then you have a defective fuel pump relay or an ECM gone south. Good luck.

Quick Reply: fuel pump breaker/fuse ??