Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 PM
j3studio
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Slalom4me
Team up with someone to offer replacement underhood wire harnesses for the earlier C4 cars. Utilize the superior temperature qualities of the wire sold as SXL, GXL and TXL grades.
OMG yes, yes, yes!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:22 PM
rick96cevette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire Pressure Sensors that are integrated into the valve stems (like the new designs/cars) instead of those old tech LTPWS sensors on bands that tire shops break on our vettes.

Hopefully at a cost that is not $300/peice.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:27 PM
87vette
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but we early C4 vert guys need the Convertible upper pillar lock trim piece for both sides! I bought one from MAD a few years back and they have been discontinued. They are no where to be found. The upgrade ones you have do not work. It is a different design and I don't want to make any modifications.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Jet-Jock
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, lot's of interesting ideas, especially from Steve what a great marketing tool.

Another avenue to consider would be re-evaluate the pricing structure and become more price competitive. The same advice applies to Ecklers and the others. It is expensive enough to maintain these vehicles. All of us shop for best quality, best price, and customer service. You see it here day in - day out. How many posts do you see where members promote those who have the most competitive price for the best part. If your not being recommended those are lost sales.

When we see prices listed at sometimes twice the retail list of a GM part we can get directly from the Chevy dealer your loosing sales.

And most of all, treat customers well. When members have bad experiences we all hear about it. Customer service after the sale is priority one.

thx
Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
rightofway
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

forgot to mention

how about a repro halo trim panel
Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Brtheez
Instructor

Default Passenger Side Replacement Piece

I would like to see a passenger side replacement piece that has CORVETTE etched in the center like the current bread box. It seems it would match a lot closer to what was there.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 PM
corvted
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey you guys at Mid America keep up the good work. I have dealt with a few others in my time and you guys beat em all in my book. Your customer service is great, you get the product to me quickly, and I can always count on you guys to be straight up. Thx for being there and taking care of your customer. Ed
Old 02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
87vette
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corvted
Hey you guys at Mid America keep up the good work. I have dealt with a few others in my time and you guys beat em all in my book. Your customer service is great, you get the product to me quickly, and I can always count on you guys to be straight up. Thx for being there and taking care of your customer. Ed
Well said !
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Admrl94
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I always see many brushed aluminum interior accent pieces available in the C5 and C6 sections...would be nice to have these available for C4s, as opposed to the whole dash kit. More specifically, some brushed aluminum shift ***** for autos, or parking brakes? There are so few options for guys with autos.

Another one: underhood dress up pieces that match the color of your car. C5s and C6s have these but we don't (or is very limited).

Thanks for asking us.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I would like to see new products to dress up the interior and underhood areas.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

LT4 intake.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Alzado77
Racer

HD brake upgrade adapter brackets and custom color floor mats like they have for the newer corvettes. Particularly yellow floor mats and any other interior pieces done in custom colors. The newer generations have so many color options for interiors but us C4 guys have to struggle to find what little there is out there.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:17 PM
clevette
Instructor

I'd like to see a replacement center console plate for a manual transmission. One without the 4+3 emblem.
Mine's been converted to a six speed
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 PM
richdwyer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clevette
I'd like to see a replacement center console plate for a manual transmission. One without the 4+3 emblem.
Mine's been converted to a six speed

Me too. I have the 89 with the fx3 option. Would be4 nice to get a manual console without the 4+3 logo.

A nice air pump eliminator bracket that doesn't look like 2 pieces of bar stock bolted togeather would be nice too. I have seen a few nice looking air pump eliminators forum members have made from aluminum plate that look sharp.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
JD'S WHITE 93
Le Mans Master

Received 1,332 Likes on 674 Posts

white faced guages with an 8000 rpm tach
Old 02-24-2006, 11:03 PM
94redrag
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got some real good ideas going on in this thread! Here are mine

1. A wind screen for the verts - like the ones available for the C5/C6's

2. A "Vara-Ram" style air intake set-up

3. Seat/Sport Hoops in either chrome or powdered coated finish - like the ones offered for the C5/6's

4. A European Taillight conversion kit. A direct plug and play type kit would be nice. Ecklers has one, but they want $600 bones for it.

5. Mirror seals

Of course these must all be affordable, so us lowly C4 owners can buy them.

Later, Zane
Old 02-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Lichen
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet-Jock
Wow, lot's of interesting ideas, especially from Steve what a great marketing tool.

Another avenue to consider would be re-evaluate the pricing structure and become more price competitive. The same advice applies to Ecklers and the others. It is expensive enough to maintain these vehicles. All of us shop for best quality, best price, and customer service. You see it here day in - day out. How many posts do you see where members promote those who have the most competitive price for the best part. If your not being recommended those are lost sales.

When we see prices listed at sometimes twice the retail list of a GM part we can get directly from the Chevy dealer your loosing sales.

And most of all, treat customers well. When members have bad experiences we all hear about it. Customer service after the sale is priority one.

thx
What he said! You have some great after-market products, but your OEM stuff is more expensive than my local Chevy-dealership. C-4's also seem to taking a back seat to your C5 and c6 stuff. I can understand that, but why all the catalogs that are exactly the same?

Get notified of new replies

To New C4 Products Needed by Owners?

Old 02-24-2006, 11:16 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

A decent intake manifold for the 82 & 84 would be nice - not a single plane converted to something that sometimes works if you have the right mods.

An inexpensive manometer (inches of water) for TB balancing.

Happy with the service I've received from you guys but don't go all bonkers on the C5 and C6 - still more of us C4 guys (and gals) around.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 AM
MrRenoman
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd like to see replacement speed sensors for 3.07 and numerically higher gears. Seems that there are several aftermarket sensors available. Standard Motor Parts SC8 is one of them. Also, supply the drive and driven gears for different rearend ratios.

I'd like to see the original style "49th Street" rocker panels and the rear platform wing come back. Seems like you're selling their original 1-piece front air dam which was part of the total package they used to sell.

A replacement brush and limit switch module for the 84-87 headlight motor assemblies. This module seems to be the major cause of headlight failures in the early C4s. Claims by some rebuilders that the rebuilt headlight assemblies are "rebuilt" aren't true, they're rehabilitated from old parts.

84-87 headlight relays, I think these are discontinued or one of them is.

Replacement foglight assemblies with upgraded lighting.

Art
Old 02-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Sadblack87
Intermediate

Decals or something to replace the worn graphics on the interior such as power seat functions or power mirror functions etc. to be used when refinishing interior parts.

A dash kit like the woodgrain ones only more of a stock appearance.

Quick Reply: New C4 Products Needed by Owners?