Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

PL95 [B]UNMASKED![/B] as a mild mannered business man!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 11:56 PM
myruby2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PL95 UNMASKED! as a mild mannered business man!!!

As some of you know Corvette Forum member Philip {The unmasked “PL95”} threw caution to the wind and went into business. I accepted his open invitation to forum members to stop by and say “Hello”. His new acquired business, “X-treme Tans” is located in Mentor Ohio. Of course on a visit to a new business one would expect the owner hard at work in some tiny back office, counting pennies and looking over spreadsheets. Or maybe even watching employees to insure good customer service…. Well…. PL95 was out in the parking lot with the hood up on his bad boy looking blue 95 Vette as we drove up. He was showing it off to a friend. {A true Corvette Forum kinda guy} I pulled my Ruby in the spot next to his. After an easy and quick introduction we were talking “Vette Speak” like old friends.

As we have all heard there is three rules in business.

Rule>1 Location:
In the last ten years the intersection where X-treme Tans is located has developed faster then any in the entire state of Ohio.

Rule>2 Location:
His store front is in a nearly new and very clean plaza with tons of parking on the main street.

Rule>3 Location:
His business neighbors, all within a stones throw, are “Wal-Mart”, “Walgreens”, “Speedway”, {The main gas station in this area} “Eat n’ Park” and there is a large bank that shares the parking lot. “K Mart” is just down the road to the west and “Dicks” and “Koles” to the east.

I grew up just over a mile from there in the fifties. {Yes that’s 50’s} It was a rose nursery. One of the biggest and best in the U.S.

Philip {PL95} is a great guy and anyone living in the Cleveland area should try to make it out and wish him and his wife luck in their new business. I plan on going back when I can spend a little more time. However since a tan is only skin deep, I’ll have to pass. Cuz ugly goes clean to the bone and a tan won’t help me.

[Modified by myruby2, 10:57 PM 8/15/2001]
Old 08-16-2001, 03:13 PM
PL95
Instructor

Default Re: PL95 UNMASKED! as a mild mannered business man!!! (myruby2)

Thanks for the kind words. You just happend to pull up when i was talking to a guy with a yellow 98 Mustang Cobra convertible. He got the saleen roll bar and cover tanue cover. Didn't look bad, but i'm still not a mustang person. Luckly, my wife has been able to be at the salon every night with me, so if i get side tracked for a little while, it's not a big deal. She's great and is the biggest reason that i know that this salon will work.

Thanks for stopping in. It was good to finally put a face to one of the names i have seen on the forum. Sorry my vet wasn't really presentable, but with the 16-17 hour days for the last 3 weeks, i have had little time to keep it washed. Next time she'll look a lot better.

Remember, if anyone wants to stop by, i'm their every night from 5:30 - 12:00. And until it snows, my vet will be their. if you are going to stop in, i do not have my sign up yet (dang city and landlord) so look for the banner in the window.
Old 08-16-2001, 03:24 PM
Mr. CJ
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Sounds like a good business venture, I hope the business starts raking in the dough, now if I could only choose a name for my Vette business! :confused:
Old 08-16-2001, 09:27 PM
myruby2
Instructor

Philip,

Your car was great and your new business was even better. I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Good luck and I'll see ya again soon.

To Drewdog,

Your girl friend will love ya if ya take there for a tan.

dale

Get notified of new replies

To PL95 [B]UNMASKED![/B] as a mild mannered business man!!!

Quick Reply: PL95 [B]UNMASKED![/B] as a mild mannered business man!!!