Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Check out the New Corvette Central Exhaust Website!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 04:49 PM
CorvetteCentral.com
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Check out the New Corvette Central Exhaust Website!

When it comes to exhaust systems, Corvette owners are looking for three things: quality, fit, and availability. Corvette Central offers all three and we are proud of our reputation as the leader in getting the job done right. Now we are pleased to introduce our new exhaust website, where we list the most complete line of exhaust products from 53-96 as well as performance pipes and Magna-Flow mufflers. We also carry Corsa, BB and Magna-Flow C5 and C6 Products. Combined with our special shipping offer, we are delivering the best quality product at the most competitive price. See it online at : www.corvettecentralexhaust.com.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:28 PM
TM-Z06
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteCentral.com

When it comes to exhaust systems, Corvette owners are looking for three things: quality, fit, and availability. Corvette Central offers all three and we are proud of our reputation as the leader in getting the job done right. Now we are pleased to introduce our new exhaust website, where we list the most complete line of exhaust products from 53-96 as well as performance pipes and Magna-Flow mufflers. We also carry Corsa, BB and Magna-Flow C5 and C6 Products. Combined with our special shipping offer, we are delivering the best quality product at the most competitive price. See it online at : www.corvettecentralexhaust.com.

Correction - when it comes to exhaust systems, the first on that list should be PRICE. I think some of us are getting tired of seeing C4 exhaust systems that cost $1000, whereas a similar F-body or Mustang exhaust costs half that.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:11 PM
C4EMT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TM-96CE
Correction - when it comes to exhaust systems, the first on that list should be PRICE. I think some of us are getting tired of seeing C4 exhaust systems that cost $1000, whereas a similar F-body or Mustang exhaust costs half that.

It's.......
Old 05-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Tom 35th anniversary
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default I agree

This is the reason I find other sources for most parts or fab them myself, instead of buying from many of these catalogs.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:14 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

I agree that price should be a consideration. Some products are reasonably priced while the name-brand stuff tends to be a bit high. However, I understand that it would be hard to find the same products for less (due to manufacturer pricing).

OTOH, the hipo system (like L98 duals for example) should be made in oversize 2.5" and should include a stainless option. One of the competing vendors offers this and it's a nice price too! You're missing the boat on this one.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Demonic85
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I never did find an affordable solution, so I did what Tom was saying and had the exhaust shop weld in a piece of piping and butcher up my Magnaflows to put them on.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
1LT4ME
Racer

Yep, the Borla we put on our old 99Z28 was $599, same setup here for my CE, $999...
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Crazyness.... Why dont you go to the local exhaust place, decide what diameter pipe, decide on mufflers, decide where youre going to start the new system from, have the pipe mandrel bent and fitted in place, mufflers fitted, tips fitted, and your done. Why buy a brand name that is so expensive when its only a piece of stainless pipe? The system i had on my 87 went from just behind the precats, twin 2.5 inch diameter stainless pipe, Genie 2.5 inch straight through mufflers, and it cost me a grand total of $400 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS. Thats about $303 maybe $304 US DOLLARS, and it was FITTED and PERFECT. The options i couldve gone with for mufflers was endless, but none wouldve pushed it to $999 USD. It's got me buggered why on earth you would pay $999 for an exhaust system, that is $1,315 AUD, and that is insane.

Last edited by Casethecorvetteman; 05-03-2006 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

"OTOH, the hipo system (like L98 duals for example) should be made in oversize 2.5" and should include a stainless option. One of the competing vendors offers this and it's a nice price too! You're missing the boat on this one."

I agree! Or if you have to stay 2.25" make it mandrel bent. Nice idea on the site.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:17 PM
CorvetteCentral.com

TM-96CE - Your right on the price. We understand that not everyone wants a $1,000 polished stainless steel system. That is why we make make certain system's in house. We offer several options that are very high in quality at a great price. Search the forums and you'll see all the positive feedback on the systems using Magnaflow mufflers that we built.

GREGGPENN - thanks for the feedback on the L98 duals, I'll take that to our R&D guys.

4Ever21 - I'm not sure what year your car is, but our part # 324125 is is an example of a system we manufacture for a C4 that includes a Y-pipe with a balance tube, Magnaflow muffler, and LT1 Tips for $310.

We also have a deal going on that we ship mufflers for $10 a pair, and complete catback systems for only $20.

We are also working on adding sounds of the various systems on the site.

We built the site so everyone can see all the options we have available for Corvette's. We want you to compare all the system's and buy what is right for your car.

Dan

Last edited by CorvetteCentral.com; 05-03-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Your aluminized steel systems with the Magnaflow mufflers are a nice alternative for those who don't have a ton of cash to sink into a system. The built-in crossovers are nice as well as offering a true-dual set-up for the L98 guys. Add a pair of cats and it's street legal most anywhere. You should do well with those.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know BORLA make some really nice systems that SOUND nice too.

Price almost always IS A factor but shouldn't always be THE ONLY factor; remember guys, almost without exception in this world; you really DO get what you pay for!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
HG
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TM-96CE - Your right on the price. We understand that not everyone wants a $1,000 polished stainless steel system. That is why we make make certain system's in house. We offer several options that are very high in quality at a great price. Search the forums and you'll see all the positive feedback on the systems using Magnaflow mufflers that we built.

GREGGPENN - thanks for the feedback on the L98 duals, I'll take that to our R&D guys.

4Ever21 - I'm not sure what year your car is, but our part # 324125 is is an example of a system we manufacture for a C4 that includes a Y-pipe with a balance tube, Magnaflow muffler, and LT1 Tips for $310.

We also have a deal going on that we ship mufflers for $10 a pair, and complete catback systems for only $20.

We are also working on adding sounds of the various systems on the site.

We built the site so everyone can see all the options we have available for Corvette's. We want you to compare all the system's and buy what is right for your car.

Dan

How do Magnaflows sound, just the muffler. Do they resonate at low speeds. I had Flowmasters on my 88 and the resoance at low RPM's was loud.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HG
How do Magnaflows sound, just the muffler. Do they resonate at low speeds. I had Flowmasters on my 88 and the resoance at low RPM's was loud.
I have twin Magnaflows on mine, which were still quite new when I bought the car here in AU 3 yrs ago. I researched the local price and they are about $400 each. The sound is good; nice note when 'getting up it' & fairly deep & 'grumbly' at idle too. No real resonation issues with them, except in my garage, I have heaps of electrical conduit on rafters as well as a tin roof; At fast warmup idle, I thought something in the car was rattly, but eventually I traced it to the conduit nd tin roof sheeting vibrating!!!

PS; they also LOOK good and I especially like the twin tips on each of my muflers (Sorry you can't see them clearly on this new pic that I have been forced to use since I was banned for having the photo of my wife on my car as my sig.). I cant find the exact model number of mine readilly, but they are a straight-through muffler with internal holes at the sides of the through pipe and thats how they get some baffling.

Last edited by smacko; 05-05-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by smacko
The sound is good; nice note when 'getting up it' & fairly deep & 'grumbly' at idle too. No real resonation issues with them.......
Be interesting to see what they are like with the roof on and windows up on your car, been a long time since you had that on there!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:09 AM
smacko
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman
Be interesting to see what they are like with the roof on and windows up on your car, been a long time since you had that on there!!!
hahaha!

I HAVE had the roof on with windows up! Still no annoying resonances, as there shouldn't be if hangers etc are all fitting well.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
CorvetteCentral.com

This is a video clip of our 324337 magnaflow system. We hope to have sounds loaded on the http://www.corvettecentralexhaust.com website soon.

Inside C4

Outside C4

Get notified of new replies

To Check out the New Corvette Central Exhaust Website!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 AM
1LT4ME
Racer

This is a video clip of our 324337 magnaflow system. We hope to have sounds loaded on the http://www.corvettecentralexhaust.com website soon.

Inside C4

Outside C4
And what's the price on one of those systems for an LT4?
Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 PM
rocco16
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

When it comes to exhaust systems, Corvette owners are looking for three things: cost, power increase, and sound.
Fixed.

Larry
code5coupe
Old 05-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by rocco16
Fixed.

Larry
code5coupe
Power increse? I think we all know that's negligible at best. For me, it's cost & sound that are important. I paid $1000 for my C5 cat-back system, including a new X-pipe. It sounds like a friggin' BANSHEE now. Gawd I love how that car sounds.

What does CC recommend for a similar type sound to the C5 Borla Stinger?

Quick Reply: Check out the New Corvette Central Exhaust Website!