C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

RPM Machine and 383 Stroker Kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:27 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM Machine and 383 Stroker Kits

Has anyone ever heard of, or dealt with, RPM Machine? They are one of the first links that come up when googling 383 Stroker, yet I have never heard of them.

Here are the kits on their web site. The two I'm concerned with are the forged 383, and the cast 383 kits. Are these prices reasonable?
http://www.rpmmachine.com/chevy-sb-menu.shtml

Otherwise, can any of you 383 guys recommend somewhere to pick up a stroker kit? Being that I've never built a Stroker before, I dont know where to look. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

maybe this would be better in the Tech section?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
93-383
Burning Brakes

your right you will get more replies in the tech section but as far as the question. Alot of companies make stroker kits the question to ask is where did thier componets come from aka SCAT Eagle Lunati ect. what do you get, how much does it cost and is the balancing included in the price. And I mean real balancing. Example my 383 build I opted to buy part for part (I actualy saved money by going with stock rods) bought the hypertechnic pistons -6cc dish, 3.75 crank from eagle, all brngs, oilpump, and gasket set) in total I save a few hundred dollars the only surprise cost (not realy) was the balancing and addition of heavy metal wich only cost an extra $60 total cost of my build was a bout 4.7k but the only things original on the engine are block,lifters,intake,flywheel(ranout of money for the aluminum),and oil pan parts where about 3.4 and machining and assembly($120) where 1.3 I could have saved money on the machining but I wanted the block fully reconditioned.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:07 PM
makeitfast
1st Gear

Default Rpm Machine Stroker kit

Hey
I purchased my kit from RPM Machine and they were great.
Daymon There knows these things inside and out. I had a couple of questions on how to set it up and get everything knotched and even after I bugged him for over a week he was still willing to help me every time I called. Their parts are top of the line and everything went great!!
Mark
Old 11-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

John,
There is not real kit. Engine builders simply select a good match of parts and put them in one box. Having them come to your door balanced and ready to go is very convenient. I have put a few of these kits together for myself and friends. If you need help selecting parts for your car, I can help with an unbiased opinion for your needs.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Pete K
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I just checked the link. Nice website and prices seem to be on par.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:23 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Pete K
John,
There is not real kit. Engine builders simply select a good match of parts and put them in one box. Having them come to your door balanced and ready to go is very convenient. I have put a few of these kits together for myself and friends. If you need help selecting parts for your car, I can help with an unbiased opinion for your needs.
THANKS. this is the link i sent before, when it comes to brand names, I'm a little clueless, not that i'm looking for a name, just quality.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 PM
zo1boy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by makeitfast
Hey
I purchased my kit from RPM Machine and they were great.
Daymon There knows these things inside and out. I had a couple of questions on how to set it up and get everything knotched and even after I bugged him for over a week he was still willing to help me every time I called. Their parts are top of the line and everything went great!!
Mark
sounds good.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:21 PM
RPM Tech Guy
1st Gear

Default 383 Stroker kit

Hey guys thanks for the input on our kits. We strive to offer everyone the best tech help there is so that your build is always a success. We carry pretty much every product line out there from Eagle to Crower and beyond. We strive to try and help each customer put together a combination of parts that are actually rated for the power output of the engine. If we are building a 383 Stroker for a everyday driven truck it does not need the same parts as a stroker would for your street strip corvette. I have been building performance engines now for 26 years and owned RPM Machine for the last 10. With over 2000 personal engine builds I can help figure out what you need. We have a complete line parts to cover your 383 stroker kit on our main stroker kit page. If you have any questions please check out the links or give us a call. The corvette discussion forum is a great place for information.

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Machine and 383 Stroker Kits

Quick Reply: RPM Machine and 383 Stroker Kits