C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

RE: spray paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:34 AM
Randy T
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RE: spray paint

I have a factory front license plate insert that I'd like to paint to match my C4. Anybody know if can spray paint is available for earlier C4s?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:58 AM
joecaver
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'10

not what you asked for but...I took mine to a body shop and they painted it to match for $30.00.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Most auto paint supply stores can make a spray can of body color paint for you. Just give them the paint code (it can be found on the RPO sticker located under the console lid or the passenger side rear storage compartment lid) for the car color. The bottom line of the sticker will show the "WA" code which is what you need.

Figure about $20-25 for a 16oz spray can. These cans are typically single-stage paints and don't require a clear coat. For just the front plate cover, you will probably use about 1/3 of the can.

The cover is very flexible so ask the store if they can add a flex agent to the mix. This will keep the paint from cracking.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
jesredvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spray paint

etouchup.com; if you know your paint code they can make you a can.
They mached my red '88 perfectly.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Serenity Now
Racer

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Most auto paint supply stores can make a spray can of body color paint for you. Just give them the paint code (it can be found on the RPO sticker located under the console lid or the passenger side rear storage compartment lid) for the car color. The bottom line of the sticker will show the "WA" code which is what you need.

Figure about $20-25 for a 16oz spray can. These cans are typically single-stage paints and don't require a clear coat. For just the front plate cover, you will probably use about 1/3 of the can.

The cover is very flexible so ask the store if they can add a flex agent to the mix. This will keep the paint from cracking.

That's what I did. Matches perfectly. I also sprayed clear coat over it and it looks as good as new plus I still have some extra paint if I ever need to paint anything else to match.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Randy T
Pro

THanks for the paint tips! 'preciate it! I'd like to get the plate cover painted before spring. I always thought the C4 looked best with the cover and not a plate.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
dc3plt
Instructor

Take it to a body shop. The sprays will leave you wishing you did. Especially when the sun hits it.

Very the extra few $$$

HAP

Get notified of new replies

To RE: spray paint

Quick Reply: RE: spray paint