C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

MY 96 LTI VS MY 87 GN...clip too on GNX

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:41 PM
trader7230
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY 96 LTI VS MY 87 GN...clip too on GNX

Guys, when I get my GN I will take a pic of it with my Black 96 LT1.

But I have to ask, which one is faster? I saw a Youtube Clip of an LT1 beating a GN, although I don't know which year the GN was. As we all know, th 86 and 87 were faster. But if you ask me, I think my 96 LT1 will hold its own. Opnions?

Man I love talking about this stuff. I haven't had so much love for Cars since High School back in 86-88. Those were the muscle car days.

I have included an interesting Car and Driver Magazineclip on the GNX too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6wt...elated&search=
Old 07-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Wicked V6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trader7230
Guys, when I get my GN I will take a pic of it with my Black 96 LT1.

But I have to ask, which one is faster? I saw a Youtube Clip of an LT1 beating a GN, although I don't know which year the GN was. As we all know, th 86 and 87 were faster. But if you ask me, I think my 96 LT1 will hold its own. Opnions?

Man I love talking about this stuff. I haven't had so much love for Cars since High School back in 86-88. Those were the muscle car days.

I have included an interesting Car and Driver Magazineclip on the GNX too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6wt...elated&search=
Well, I know this an old post but it's good to see someone with similar taste as I am. I know that I'll get some heat for this here but 99% of GN's out there are not stock and they can be modded cheap and make it scary quick. Therefore, if you are dealing with an 86-87 GN, 9 out 10 times GN will win the race. There is a video around where a stock GNX against a stock ZR1 race and the GNX won. I will see if I can find the link. If you have any questions or any concerns about the GN, I can help you with that, I have been playing around Turbo Buicks for about 20 yrs. I am new to the Corvette seen. The Buick I know like the palm of my hands.

HTH

Prasad
Old 07-13-2007, 05:13 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an "84 and an "87 GN, the "84 back when it was new, but the "87 I had around 2000 to 2002. There's a whole generation of tuner kids out there that had no clue what to think of it. All they knew was that Darth Vader was in their mirror and preparing to inflict embarrassing humiliation at the sight of a Buick grocery getter sucking the doors off their little neon-illuminated microwave powered 2 cylinder as it reached Mach 1 slipping out of sight over the horizon. They just didn't know the power of the Dark Side! Seriously though, I'm pretty confident that my stock 94 LT1 would have taken my stock 87 GN, I'm quite certain of it. Still,,,those GN's laid the cornerstone for the generation of musle cars that followed, both domestic and imports. What a great car!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Impala Balko
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

This dude that I went to highschool with now has an 87 GN with mild mods and his running low 12's all day.

Last edited by Impala Balko; 07-13-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:19 PM
96polovette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked V6
Well, I know this an old post but it's good to see someone with similar taste as I am. I know that I'll get some heat for this here but 99% of GN's out there are not stock and they can be modded cheap and make it scary quick. Therefore, if you are dealing with an 86-87 GN, 9 out 10 times GN will win the race. There is a video around where a stock GNX against a stock ZR1 race and the GNX won. I will see if I can find the link. If you have any questions or any concerns about the GN, I can help you with that, I have been playing around Turbo Buicks for about 20 yrs. I am new to the Corvette seen. The Buick I know like the palm of my hands.

HTH

Prasad

Get notified of new replies

To MY 96 LTI VS MY 87 GN...clip too on GNX

Quick Reply: MY 96 LTI VS MY 87 GN...clip too on GNX