C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Outrageous deals in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
DisasterDave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outrageous deals in Phoenix

Holy Cow. There are some outrageous deals on 94, 95 and 96 Vettes on Craigslist in Phoenix this weekend. I actually found mine and sold my Z06 on Craigslist last year. If you're in the market, fly to Phoenix and drive one of these home. Geez! 2 96 Collector's Editions, and incredible royal blue 94 with 36K miles.

dd
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
RRT vette
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What is there asking price on them?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:27 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Originally Posted by RRT vette
What is there asking price on them?
94 blk 6 spd 36k miles, $14K
94 blue auto 36k " $14.9K
94 White 86K " $10K!!!!!!!

96 C.E. Conv high miles $10.5K
96 C.E. 79K " $9.5K This one I am going to look at this afternoon. All of these appear unmolested, no goofy rims or spoilers, private sellers, only way to go.

dd
Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 PM
or92vette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to hear what you find.

Report back!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:33 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Well, unfortunately, the only one I was interested in was the 96 C.E. for 9.5K. I talked with the guy and changed my mind. He barely speaks English, and I think I know his routine. He gets cars from auctions, takes pictures of them in front of very nice houses and claims to be in the very best part of the Phx. valley. When you want to se the car he offers to meet you somewhere with it so you don't see where he actually lives. He's reluctant to give you a VIN# over the phone, I can understand that, but it's also a good way to keep you from running a carfax before he can rope in a buyer. There are a bunch of these guys here in Phx that make a living doing this. Whether the car is decent one or not, I really don't care after I catch whiff of this routine.

That blue 94 is a really great deal though. I talked to the guy but I really have no interest in it right now.

dd
Old 09-04-2007, 07:06 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DisasterDave
Well, unfortunately, the only one I was interested in was the 96 C.E. for 9.5K. I talked with the guy and changed my mind. He barely speaks English, and I think I know his routine. He gets cars from auctions, takes pictures of them in front of very nice houses and claims to be in the very best part of the Phx. valley. When you want to se the car he offers to meet you somewhere with it so you don't see where he actually lives. He's reluctant to give you a VIN# over the phone, I can understand that, but it's also a good way to keep you from running a carfax before he can rope in a buyer. There are a bunch of these guys here in Phx that make a living doing this. Whether the car is decent one or not, I really don't care after I catch whiff of this routine.

That blue 94 is a really great deal though. I talked to the guy but I really have no interest in it right now.

dd
Thats happening a lot in the Bay Area, the car has 4 sets of keys, 1 for the door 1 for the etc. I'll met you somewhere, etc.

Those prices are about what you'd see here. The local cheby dealer has a polo 95 with 52 miles for $14800.
www.craigslist.org theres also a 96 CE LT4 with 70k for $15k.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Yeah, unfortunately the bottom feeders have discovered craigslist now. The B.S. used to be real easy to spot, now, unless you can see it coming, you don't figure it out until you have wasted your time and energy to go see the car. The used car business has always been that way, it's just now craigslist has become a feeding ground for those types.

Still that royal blue one with 36K miles appears to be am incredible bargain. I've spoken with the seller, sounds legit.

dd
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.corvettevalley.com

Get notified of new replies

To Outrageous deals in Phoenix

Quick Reply: Outrageous deals in Phoenix