Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Seen Two Exotics in One Day!

Old 11-09-2001, 06:40 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,682 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Default Seen Two Exotics in One Day!

Yesterday I saw a BMW Z8 in silver with black roof. That thing is $130K? My passenger friend said she thoght it was the new $30K Honda S2000! I told her it cost about the price of THREE new C5's and she nearly barffed! Then, I saw a red Testarossa! Now that was awesome! Super wide in the back! It had a Florida tag "1989TR" so I assume it was a 1989. According to the http://www.ferrariturbo.com/ site, it has 15 less HP (390bhp) than a new ZO6??? :confused:
Old 11-09-2001, 09:59 AM
Shawn93PoloConv
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Seen Two Exotics in One Day! (BIG Dave)

I know what you mean about those TRs. I saw one on I-275 blasting through traffic doing I'd say about 80. Cars were parting for this guy like the Red Sea! Impressive.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:37 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Seen Two Exotics in One Day! (Shawn93PoloConv)

That's okay. About two weeks ago I rolled to a stop to turn left. Sitting on the street at the light getting ready to drive right in front of me was none other than
........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ...............................:eek: :eek: a McLaren F1!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Talk about $$$MONEY$$$. I'd be scared to death to drive something like that around here! You'd have to have you're own security company follow you around and block it in when you parked. Stand guard while you eat lunch. Sure was a sweet site though. First one I've ever seen on the road.

On a summer weekend around here last year, in one day, I saw 3 Vipers, 4 Ferraris (One being a F-50), and a Diablo. All on the street in town and all different cars. Kind of makes the NSX look like you're average every day beater! :jester

[Modified by R94 LT 1, 10:38 AM 11/9/2001]
Old 11-09-2001, 05:48 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

you know... that is odd... about 3 weeks ago, I saw a Z8 and a Testarossa on the highways of Delaware...

was passed by a C55 AMG earlier this week!!! and a NEW S600 V12 Mercedes!!!

several years ago, I guess about 1993 or so, I was driving the Washington Beltway and saw a Countach!!! Burgandy. A year or so later, I think I saw the same car on the Baltimore Beltway!!! WOW! what a car!

There was an F1 that lived in Texas. It was a silver one that was imported. showed up in just about every car mag at the time! Very nice...

[Modified by bogus, 3:53 PM 11/9/2001]
Old 11-09-2001, 06:43 PM
Jsailor24
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Seen Two Exotics in One Day! (R94 LT 1)

MCLAREN!!! :eek: :eek: . If it was silver it was most likley the one R&T tested in 97. It was from TX. Last time i was racing sailboats in TX there was a guy at the club who soley funded the entire Jr. Sailing program to be able to have a parking space next to the walkway. What did he park there? A RED Ferrari F355 spyder. ABSOLUTLEY GEORGEOUS. I told my dad "id crap my pants if I ever saw a McLaren F1. "You better bring extra underwear next time you come down here" he said, and very true.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:00 PM
McShagger
Safety Car

You see those everyday in Tokyo. One time while I was driving my friends Diablo down to Yokohama, we past five Ferraris. I thought the diablo was loud. Two Modenas and two F50 and a 355 were pretty loud. It is not uncommon to see Ferraris in Tokyo. You will see them five times more often than you would see a Corvette.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:23 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Seen Two Exotics in One Day! (Jsailor24)

I really wish I'd had gotten a better look. The sun was just setting and it was possibly silver or a pewter color. It was defiantely a McLaren though, since the driver was right in the middle of the car! :yesnod: Appear there was a passenger to his right and no one on his left.

Get notified of new replies

To Seen Two Exotics in One Day!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seen Two Exotics in One Day!