C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

A Visit to Lloyd Elliott's shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:44 PM
TenSecondZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Visit to Lloyd Elliott's shop

Last week I had an opportunity to visit with Lloyd as I was looking at a set of heads that he had for sale.

I posted this on camaroz28 but wanted to also let my fellow C4 owners know about my experience.

Just wanted to echo what many other people who have purchased services from him and or personally know Lloyd say. He is a stand up guy who genuinely takes pride in his work and constantly improves his product.

I asked 101 questions and he patiently answered every single one, many times actually demonstrating and comparing parts. The additional $50 he now charges for his LE1 heads are well worth it as the revised retainers and locators are significantly better than the base crane dual spring kit.

Prior to this visit, I had spoken to Lloyd on several occasions and also had numerous email exchanges on different ideas I had for a head package. Each and every time Lloyd was patient and shared detailed rationale for his suggestions or answers.

Its refreshing to do business with a genuine and humble guy who also happens to be a talented head porter.

Just thought I'd share my experience as not many guys actually get a chance to meet Lloyd in person.

Marcus
Old 07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
BlackHarleyMan
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Deal!..........I plan on stopping by on my next trip to Dallas to chew the fat with him as well!..........Thanks

Noland
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM
NightTrain66
Advanced

Thanks for the props Marcus, I enjoyed the visit the other day as well. I do not mind an excuse to remove the ear plugs and put down the die grinder every now and then, LOL.

We talked about everything from Trick Flow Twisted Wedge SB Chevy heads and Bullet 218/218 hyd flat tappet cams in a "Boogie Nights" F-body all the way to his new Y body he is wanting to get more power from while retaining as much low end and drivability as posible.

We went over several cams and what they would or would not do for him and narrowed it down two 2 cams (218/224 and 222/228 @ .050) he is deciding on.

Marcus, I am sure you will be pleased with the way your set up runs once it is all back together. let me know when you decide on what cam you would like to run.

Lloyd
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM
LT4POWR
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Lloyd helped me out with a set of AFR heads that someone else damaged while porting. I did not like the way they repaired them and Lloyd fixed me right up. I plan to be a repeat customer!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 PM
biggrizzly
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

I done good with him too! Thanks Lloyd
I should be running in a few weeks maybe - I know its been a long time coming too!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:52 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Yep Lloyd is a great guy, I enjoy my LE2 setup every day.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:00 PM
BlackHarleyMan
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Yep Lloyd is a great guy, I enjoy my LE2 setup every day.
And thanks to you Todd, I enjoyed it as well.............VERY Impressive and thanks for the opportunity to drive that White Beast of yours!

R/Noland
Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 PM
grinditout
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

He will answer any questions you have.
Will do business with him in the near future.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 PM
NightTrain66
Advanced

BigGrizzley,

wow that has been a long and slow build up.

let me know how it runs once it is all back together.

Lloyd Elliott
972-617-5671
ElliottsPortworks.com
Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackHarleyMan
And thanks to you Todd, I enjoyed it as well.............VERY Impressive and thanks for the opportunity to drive that White Beast of yours!

R/Noland

Hey no problem Noland, any time, and it was nice to finally meet. I am glad you liked it, to bad you didn't get to take it up to 6K+ where it really starts screaming. Maybe next time. Hope all goes well with your build and you will be finished soon. Some how I feel like you are going to burn the tires off the wheels and want to upgrade to some high-end Fikse, HRE, etc.!

Get notified of new replies

To A Visit to Lloyd Elliott's shop

Quick Reply: A Visit to Lloyd Elliott's shop