Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:45 PM
CorvetteMike2024
Corvette Junkie
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,021 Likes on 839 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default tribute to the 60's

Anyone here old enough to remember the 1960's may enjoy this.

http://objflicks.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm

Corvette Mike
Old 08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
ROB502
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AHH I do remember times were sure more simple.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
betyelou
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the 60's.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
DINO84
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

You could raise 10 kids on one income!Good video.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:08 PM
zee sting
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Those were great times...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Weav's Vet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Mike, That brought back some good memories.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
ccrazor
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 AM
RICHARD C FRANZER SR
Cruising

I rememember most of it problem was there was always a purple haze around---just kidding the times were good and inocent
i dream of having my muscle cars back and my race car damn how depressing today looks now
Old 08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB502
AHH I do remember times were sure more simple.
You can't imagine how i miss the 80's
im 30 now ,but the 80's were still magic,very similar to the 60's (from what i see on the video)
i guess it was the last "good" decade.-

The early 90's brought a lot of "fake" stuff,quality went down in everything
and magic was gone,internet arrived and we can find stuff so easy.
im a webdesigner,i live off the web...so what ...i don't like the fact
that im selling a non-tangible,if a permanent blackout came...all my sites
would be down,and my designs gone,you see,there is a lot of "fake" "virtual" stuff
that i don't like about these days,i would really love to bring back all the magic
and simple stuff from the 80's i knew....maybe that's why i have a C4
the C5 and C6 does not work for me.- they are not "real" .......
im pretty sure you'll get me

Last edited by Calderone; 08-19-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

i like this thread
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
lilredc4
Instructor

Wish I could go back, life was sure easier then.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Klondike
Race Director

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts

I'd give up my C4 in an instant for a time machine. Just to see some of my old friends alive one more time. Maybe this time I could try to make up for being such an a$$ hole.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Ryan59
Drifting

More then a dozen people living in my neighbrhood growing up, had race cars in their garages. One guy had a funny car called the "Roach Coach". He would drive it around the block before putting it on the trailer. Shook pictures off the walls when he went past, drove mom crazy. Several guys had corvette's that I dreamed about owning. I would draw pictures of them in school instead of paying attention...

Giant slides were popular. You could take pop bottles to the grocery store for a nickle each. Major Astro (Tom Lehea) had a cartoon show he hosted. He lived on Amsten st. around the corner. The guy hated kids. He would yell at us for walking across his yard. We used to imagine what he did to kids he had on his show...Street repair warning signs were karosene smudge pots they lit and would burn real fire. We used to take them...This was before flashing lights. There were a lot of kids around to play games with, like hide & seek. The girls liked to hide with me, I was a cute kid. Being inside the house was the worce place to be. A kid that couldn't come out was considered to be in prison. Outside was where it was at. I remember setting on the curb under a street light with about twenty neighborhood kids telling scary stories. Like the "Vindow Viper? He kept getting closer, and closer, chains rattling, saying "I'm coming to Vipe yer Vindows". It had to be said in a cartain way. Anyway, AM radio was all there was. A Dime Store close by and had a really big isle for kids, lots of candy & cheap toys. I collected Hot Wheels cars and HO slot cars. Tonka's were the best toys for playing in the dirt. Everyone built model cars. I used to have bags of chrome rims & wide tires, headers, hood scoops. I never built a model stock. It had to be jacked up with a Top Fuel engine under the hood and wide tires with deep-dish mags, plenty of STP stickers because they were the baddest sticker ever. I had an Orange Crate Schwinn bicyle with a slick on the back. Schwinn's were the best bikes made. Phases came & went, like YoYo's, 10-speeds, Giant slipper slides, gum-shoe soles for shoes.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Calderone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ryan59
More then a dozen people living in my neighbrhood growing up, had race cars in their garages. One guy had a funny car called the "Roach Coach". He would drive it around the block before putting it on the trailer. Shook pictures off the walls when he went past, drove mom crazy. Several guys had corvette's that I dreamed about owning. I would draw pictures of them in school instead of paying attention...

Giant slides were popular. You could take pop bottles to the grocery store for a nickle each. Major Astro (Tom Lehea) had a cartoon show he hosted. He lived on Amsten st. around the corner. The guy hated kids. He would yell at us for walking across his yard. We used to imagine what he did to kids he had on his show...Street repair warning signs were karosene smudge pots they lit and would burn real fire. We used to take them...This was before flashing lights. There were a lot of kids around to play games with, like hide & seek. The girls liked to hide with me, I was a cute kid. Being inside the house was the worce place to be. A kid that couldn't come out was considered to be in prison. Outside was where it was at. I remember setting on the curb under a street light with about twenty neighborhood kids telling scary stories. Like the "Vindow Viper? He kept getting closer, and closer, chains rattling, saying "I'm coming to Vipe yer Vindows". It had to be said in a cartain way. Anyway, AM radio was all there was. A Dime Store close by and had a really big isle for kids, lots of candy & cheap toys. I collected Hot Wheels cars and HO slot cars. Tonka's were the best toys for playing in the dirt. Everyone built model cars. I used to have bags of chrome rims & wide tires, headers, hood scoops. I never built a model stock. It had to be jacked up with a Top Fuel engine under the hood and wide tires with deep-dish mags, plenty of STP stickers because they were the baddest sticker ever. I had an Orange Crate Schwinn bicyle with a slick on the back. Schwinn's were the best bikes made. Phases came & went, like YoYo's, 10-speeds, Giant slipper slides, gum-shoe soles for shoes.

Ryan,the life you are describing was very similar to what i live
in the 80's,in my childhood.-

- I Remember the vivid sound of a 68 Roadrunner that used to park near my house,the guy died in the 90s and it was stored and the car
was rotten with a broken back glass,it was sold for $1000 around 2002
i will never forget that V8 Sound,i always wanted a V8

- Hide and Seek was amazing,i was very very good at it,times have changed,now every kid spends hours on the internet,hours on the playstation,hours on messenger,they never go out !!!!

- AM Radio in the mornings,before school !!! i miss it !!!!

- Mistery stories were so cool back then !!!!

- i had Tonka Trucks and Tyco slot cars,the toy store
was so cool with damn full of a lot of toys,M.A.S.K. Transformers,GIJOE,Matchbox,Majorette,Ho t wheels !!!!!

- Gum soles !!! lol !!! STP Stickers ! i remember 76 oil stickers
and ...i remember a Chopper bike with a shifter !!!

- TV Series an Cartoons !

- I hate the so easy access to **** kids have now ! there are a lot of youtube-like sites,all ****

- here i used to collect card books that you had to buy little envelops with numbered cards,how is it called there in USA ?

I would give my C4 TOO,for a time machine
Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
pianoguy
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wev's vet
Thanks Mike, That brought back some good memories.

Now, what did I do with that Nehru jacket.....
Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pianoguy

Now, what did I do with that Nehru jacket.....
It's in the closet with your bell bottoms and leisure suit, right next to her yellow polka dot bikini (the one she never wore to the shore), that is if the one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater didn't get them.

The sixties were great and that's still the music I listen to today.

Flower power, free love, sit-ins, all of the drop-out, drop-in, and drop-dead stuff in the anti-vietnam movements, not for me, I was military and got spat at more than once.

Traded my American Flyer in '65 for a '64 Malibu SS Vert. that car rocked! It was modded for street or track and could take both front wheels off the ground on a hard launch. Sure wish I still had it, or even a good picture of it.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Ryan59
Drifting

Calderone, I think those are "Transformers" colletion cards.

Yes the '60's had some turbulant times. Riots were everywhere and sometimes for no reason. Kids could go exploring and stay gone all day and no one seemed to care. A while back I was thinking about those old days and remembered Accutron wrist watche commercials. Went on ebay and found a brand new 1969 Accutron wrist watch. Had to have it. These old ones are a rear-set, no ***** sticking out anywhere. They hum instead of tick. Anyway, there wasn't much to do indoors back in that time. Kids were "encouraged" to go outside and play. And play they did. If there wasn't anything to do at your house, you simply walked over to someone elses house. Some of our exploring adventures are legendary. Police had to bring us home a few times..... No crimes were commited, just somewhere we shouldn't have been and a long ways from home as well. I never allowed my kids out of my sight however. Funny how times change like that.

Get notified of new replies

To tribute to the 60's

Quick Reply: tribute to the 60's