C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Bright Aqua Metallic Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by barchetta1
I agree.. saw blades work well. Here is my target wheel type.. unfortunately $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Electrical grems would not bother me. High idle is likely an easy fix. 49k miles.. Ive spent extensive time looking at value of c4. Based on your description, Id say $7-8K value. If the car sings to you, go back in a week with a poke.. people are much more receptive to real offers AFTER you have looked at the car and had time to consider its cost.
Great looking wheel. They'll show off your brake calipers well. Will you paint the calipers, and if so what color?

His '91 seems priced about right then - asking $7,495. Not sure I want to interrupt my "education" on the LT1 by regressing to the L98.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:52 AM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Had to resurrect this thread.. just bought my first vette. Its been in the carolinas most of its life which is where I live. If anyone thinks he/she has owned it drop me a line.

The c6 wheels do not work for me.. Aqua in my opinion requires a special wheel. Black doesnt work at all and chrome doesnt work. The car literally is too bright for chrome... so these gotta go and Im going to polished aluminum. CCW or HRE most likely.

Bright aqua gets a bit of a bad rap as a girly color. Those who say that have only seen photographs. The color is different in real life. Its not as green as photos make it look.

Anyway, 73k miles and 100% stock except for wheels and K&N. I plan to modify but all parts will be kept just in case the C4 every becomes desirable.
Congrats on the find! What HRE wheel model would you consider?
Old 02-11-2018, 10:11 AM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by thewb
Congrats on the find! What HRE wheel model would you consider?
Sorry just saw this.. anything that looks like the CCW Classic. Ultimately, Im probably going to hold out for the CCW classic polished. This is a weekend fun car so wheel maintenance is something I actually will enjoy.. I like to spend time in the garage just beautifying my c4 on weekends.

The ccw classics, in my opinion are hands down the most bad *** wheel for the c4. I dont care at all for any wheel in a spoke or start formation on the c4.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:17 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Sorry just saw this.. anything that looks like the CCW Classic. Ultimately, Im probably going to hold out for the CCW classic polished. This is a weekend fun car so wheel maintenance is something I actually will enjoy.. I like to spend time in the garage just beautifying my c4 on weekends.

The ccw classics, in my opinion are hands down the most bad *** wheel for the c4. I dont care at all for any wheel in a spoke or start formation on the c4.
Your response instantly brought the HRE Classic 300 to mind. When it comes to quality and brand recognition there isn't much better than HRE.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:13 PM
TOM65 L76 96 LT1
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by dorri732
My new-to-me '96. I'll have it at Road Atlanta for a track day tomorrow, and an autocross in Clemson this Saturday.

One fine looking 96 coupe.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Your response instantly brought the HRE Classic 300 to mind. When it comes to quality and brand recognition there isn't much better than HRE.

Yep.. so sweet.. but finding reasonable prices used set is tough.. that arent ruined with black paint that is.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:29 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Yep.. so sweet.. but finding reasonable prices used set is tough.. that arent ruined with black paint that is.
HRE just re-released this model and they are now their most affordable custom forged wheel. You'd be surprised at how low they are.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:57 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

HRE just re-released this model and they are now their most affordable custom forged wheel. You'd be surprised at how low they are.
Looks like they are around $1500 each. Too rich for my blood but thanks.. this is why Im waiting on a used set.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:50 AM
Renfield
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM65 L76 96 LT1
One fine looking 96 coupe.
And it just showed up on Craigslist this morning.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:54 AM
dorri732
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Renfield
And it just showed up on Craigslist this morning.
Yep!

https://greenville.craigslist.org/ct...523183691.html
Old 08-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Jean Dautel
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Convert

So two years ago I bought my baby girl, white top, light grey interior. 31,000 miles. I absolutely love her to death. How common is this car? Is she worth showing?
I agree.. saw blades work well. Here is my target wheel type.. unfortunately $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Electrical grems would not bother me. High idle is likely an easy fix. 49k miles.. Ive spent extensive time looking at value of c4. Based on your description, Id say $7-8K value. If the car sings to you, go back in a week with a poke.. people are much more receptive to real offers AFTER you have looked at the car and had time to consider its cost.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:30 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jean Dautel

So two years ago I bought my baby girl, white top, light grey interior. 31,000 miles. I absolutely love her to death. How common is this car? Is she worth showing?
c4 is not a desirable car this the cheap prices. So not sure about showing, but you dont see many aquas on the road. they are either a love it or hate it... some men who are rather insecure about their manhood thinks its a "pu$$y" color. I love mine but then again im well endowed.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Jean Dautel
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then I guess it’s a great car for me being female 😂
c4 is not a desirable car this the cheap prices. So not sure about showing, but you dont see many aquas on the road. they are either a love it or hate it... some men who are rather insecure about their manhood thinks its a "pu$$y" color. I love mine but then again im well endowed.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:33 PM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jean Dautel
Then I guess it’s a great car for me being female 😂

Yep.. if you can handle it.

Quick Reply: Bright Aqua Metallic Pictures