C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Long Live the C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:06 AM
BluRay
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Tornado
there's also a thing called overkill with the love orgy. delusion quickly evolves to corvette queer. yes, that is a real term that's been around forever and its directed at funnymen with little penises who act like their corvette is the only car on the planet worth noting, and everyone else is a joke. its a funny little club (actually pretty large) club, a strange addiction for the hate of mustangs and butt-patting each other that i learned to be nauseated over a long time ago. and hell, i never owned a mustang.

Yeah your right moron, I guess it is kinda crazy how you'll find all these people talking about their Corvettes IN A FRIGGING CORVETTE FORUM!!!!

Good lord I am done with you and your kindergarten comments, I hope the rest of these guys join me.

Last edited by BluRay; 12-31-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 AM
xrcrx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayne lowry
Newsflash it is not 1984 and as far as keeping up with the latest and greatest A LS3 Corvette runs 12.17 stock I would like to see a Crossfire run bottom 12s while retaining the crossfire set up.
Newsflash, it's still not worthless, newsflash, last SCCA event i played in my little underrated 84 beat up 2 C5's , an M3 and a boxter, that is keeping up with the latest and greatest just fine. Crossfires have reached the 12's retaining the crossfire set-up. No, a stock crossfire won't run 12's, i would hope there has been some advancement over the years. My car doesn't have the ride quality of the new ones, but the handling is right there on a smooth course, again, technology marches on. As for the cars being worthless, junk etc..., i wholeheartedly disagree and my high 12 second car is the best 84 ever! BTW, I built my 383, have ported 5 other crossfire intakes, installed the cam and Dart heads on my Crossfire when it was a 350, helped a friend with my 3.75's. Drove my car from Houston to Richmond just to race it. I don't recall that many musclecars in the 60's getting outta the 14's and many ran 15's. The stock LS3 is an incredible machine, the likes of which may be gone soon. But then it also outperforms the majority of todays supercars also. The C4 set the stage for the continuing advancements culminating in todays Z06 and ZR1. They are really good old cars that are good performers today, by way of being the overachievers in their own.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
VetteDriven
Pro

C4s rule the roost.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BluRay
Yeah your right moron, I guess it is kinda crazy how you'll find all these people talking about their Corvettes IN A FRIGGING CORVETTE FORUM!!!!

Good lord I am done with you and your kindergarten comments, I hope the rest of these guys join me.
now that is sweet indeed.

well now, why so sore? did i ever single you out and attack you personally? really though its no problem -- you can wipe me a new one all day long, it's of no consequence either way, which way. well anyway, you're really missing the point. i am not referring to normal folks who have a general appreciation for their car. i am referring to the crybabies, people who overdo it with a silly superficial superiority/inferiority complex. i think if you put more thought into it and not react with such visceral emotion, your understanding will improve.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VetteDriven
C4s rule the roost.
i have to admire your dogged discipline
Old 12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
BluRay
Pro

now that is sweet indeed.

well now, why so sore? did i ever single you out and attack you personally? really though its no problem -- you can wipe me a new one all day long, it's of no consequence either way, which way. well anyway, you're really missing the point. i am not referring to normal folks who have a general appreciation for their car. i am referring to the crybabies, people who overdo it with a silly superficial superiority/inferiority complex. i think if you put more thought into it and not react with such visceral emotion, your understanding will improve.

No I was right. Your posts in general stand to represent my diagnoses of you.

as I said I'm through with you, and as I had figured it would appear that most of the respectable folks here are as well.

Got that C6 yet?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
NEVRL8T
Race Director

i have to admire your dogged discipline
Why do you even click on these threads? Why do you even come to the C4 sections anymore? It seems your diatribe is more suited for Off Topic and PR&C. You constantly put the C4 down, not once have I read a post of yours that refers to the C4 in a good light. You degrade the C4 and all of its attributes to the point that its not a pleasant experience here anymore. You're not alone in that aspect. So what if someone thinks their car is worth X amount of dollars. So what if maybe they hold the C4 on a pedestal that does not suit your liking. Does that mean you have to constantly punish the rest of us with your sour comments? You could make the same argument that someone is punishing others with their rose colored glasses view but guess what? You DON'T HAVE TO CLICK ON THE THREAD.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
NEVRL8T
Race Director

Originally Posted by BluRay
No I was right. Your posts in general stand to represent my diagnoses of you.

as I said I'm through with you, and as I had figured it would appear that most of the respectable folks here are as well.

Got that C6 yet?
He is starting to remind me of another member who is on vacation named "Red".
Old 12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Rimcrew
Pro

Hey, Red Tornado is entitled to his opinion. Maybe some of you should think about what he writes before criticizing him. I used to get irritated too, but have become a convert...

His posts are usually accurate; lacking in tact perhaps, but accurate none-the-less. I like hearing alternate points of view, and hate the whole group-think thing that is happening here.

If you don't like what he posts, don't read it.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
RUU
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by nferr
I don't understand the need for some owners to come here and bash the C4. Maybe they bought the wrong car for themselves. Maybe they way overpaid and have buyers remorse. I appreciate mine for what it is. I don't knock it for what it isn't. It's a Corvette of a certain era. It's a blast to drive. Has a unique style. I don't pretend it can outrun new Corvettes. So what? I don't expect 1980's Porsches to outrun new ones either. But I still like seeing one getting driven down the road. That's what it's all about.
Well said nferr.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Rimcrew
Pro

Can we post pictures of our Mustangs now? It seems the perfect end to this wayward thread...
Old 12-31-2008, 11:16 AM
VetteDriven
Pro

How about some more C4 pics
Old 12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Rim certainly understands it, among enough other folks who've PM'd me over the past couple days.

Some people here are still not getting it. Breathe deep, it'll come to you. You are not your car, slice the umbilical cord and you'll be able to see when you look. Have a normal appreciation, not a unrealistic, unhealthy fanatical one -- base C4's, stock or modified, are not rare specimens.

All have a lovely day and a Happy New Year celebration

Last edited by Red Tornado; 12-31-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rimcrew
Can we post pictures of our Mustangs now? It seems the perfect end to this wayward thread...
Well said
Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Caleb56
Racer

Red Tornado is just looking for arguments. Why else post on a c4 corvette forum about how much you hate c4's. If you want them to agree with you go post in the mustangs forum.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM
VetteDriven
Pro

Then why does Jerry Seinfiled own 50 Porsches????
Why does Jay Leno have over 50 Cars???
Why does Carrol Shelby still drive a Cobra???
Why does A.J Foyt still talks about the Indy 500???
Old 12-31-2008, 11:32 AM
NEVRL8T
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rimcrew
Hey, Red Tornado is entitled to his opinion.
Just like we are entitled to ours.

Maybe some of you should think about what he writes before criticizing him. I used to get irritated too, but have become a convert...
They said the same thing about Hitler's Mein Kampf.

His posts are usually accurate; lacking in tact perhaps, but accurate none-the-less. I like hearing alternate points of view, and hate the whole group-think thing that is happening here.
Accurate to whom? I think we all like to hear alternate points of view but tell me, are you tired of hearing all the doom and gloom the talking heads spew about the state of America's economy? If so, then you should have the intelligence to understand that we are sick of hearing about how feeble the C4 is.

If you don't like what he posts, don't read it.
Don't worry, I won't have too anymore.

Get notified of new replies

To Long Live the C4

Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Caleb56
Red Tornado is just looking for arguments. Why else post on a c4 corvette forum about how much you hate c4's. If you want them to agree with you go post in the mustangs forum.
i don't seek approval. i am merely posting my opinion on certain line items about the C4 -- certainly not everything about it. i have posted some positive comments -- for instance i like the steering wheel, the general ride, certainly driving on mountain roads. What I don't do is group orgy and chant on with an ego trip. If one is all hurt over it, then they have their own ego out of check. and that's their own issue to deal with. I do not put individuals down.

this is a public forum and dissenting views are applicable. Jumping in on the pile has never been my strong suit.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Caleb56
Racer

i don't seek approval. i am merely posting my opinion on certain line items about the C4 -- certainly not everything about it. i have posted some positive comments -- for instance i like the steering wheel, the general ride, certainly driving on mountain roads. What I don't do is group orgy and chant on with an ego trip. If one is all hurt over it, then they have their own ego out of check. and that's their own issue to deal with. I do not put individuals down.

this is a public forum and dissenting views are applicable. Jumping in on the pile has never been my strong suit.
Some people need a little ego stroke to justify the repair expenses.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Sweet 90
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For you that think RT is hard on the C4, for the love of God, don't enter
CFOT

Jim

Quick Reply: Long Live the C4